Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Sci-fi, far future Equestria space exploration idea

Raven Rawne

Hi! I suppose i could risk saying something along the lines of "I'm back, [REDACTED]!" In case anyone remembers my roleplayes in the first place.

So, I've decided to take one more try with something I was pondering over as of late. A hard sci-fi, 1x1 rp set in some distant pony future. Not necessarily a crossover, although there may be some elements seen in other works.

The story is as such - a couple centuries after the show timeline, science finally catches up with magic, and makes possible things that were thought a mare's dream. Like ponies living on the Moon in a permament colony. Now it's time for the next big leap: colonising a planet. Luckily enough, there is one in Equestria's solar system that seems awfully like the ponies own one! The probes confirmed the presence of an atmosphere, albeit barely breathable, liquid water, rock surface... even life! There are pockets of micro ecosystems inside what looks like impact craters and other hollows, with arid wasteland everywhere else. No signs of intelligent life though, just plants and animals. Our 2 ponies are part of a large scale colonising mission, employed as scouts and pathfinders to look for places to settle, and investigate enything that sparks interest before the science types get there.

I intend to roll with Crystal Clear, with required backstory changes of course, so she ends up more of a mechanic kind of person. My idea revolves around action/adventure in a cool ship (a bigger shuttle to fly from the mothership to the mission sites and back, with cargo space and extra seats), but I am not against romance elements if the other party would become interested in going that way too. One thing though - I would prefer to run this as an anthro roleplay, simply because hooves aren't ideal for piloting ships and firing guns. Yes, I am aware of Fallout: Equestria and how it handled firearms.

This is supposed to he a hard sci-fi, but magic makes it "softer" by default, so there is room for cool magitech and gadgetry. After all, this is supposed to be fun to play, as long as the characters aren't OP against anything the alien world can toss at them. And of course, I am willing to make adjustments, or maybe reshape the idea for a better one if it's proposed by the would-be player 2's. Just keep in mind that Iwant to stay within the boundaries of belevable and scientifically possible, OK? So don't bring a mecha suit to the club fight.

• 3 weeks later...

This sounds like a great rp and i have a character that may fit she is a scientist and i can modifier her a little to fit into this future.(and make her a little less op if necessary)

Magicka Dust

Edited by Scare Effect

I honestly thought no one would reply to that one. The concept, however appealing, requires tons upon tons of world building.

Over time, I thought about several other ideas on how to further develop this basic concept, if it stays  that is. I saw you have a thread on a similar kind of rp so, if you wish, we can try and think of something cool on PM.

• Brohoof 1