Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music What's your "go to" device for music?

CandyCorn

I barely ever use my phone for that it's always my laptop or desktop at home. I have two different headphones, one to travel with and one for only at home.

• Brohoof 2

33 minutes ago, Frostgage said:

I'll use my laptop if at home; otherwise, I listen on my phone. Neither device's primary function is music but they both do the job just fine :proud:

Same. It's is basically split between my phones and laptops. 

• Brohoof 2

When I'm at home, I would listen on either my laptop or Google Home. The Google Home has a much better sound quality than my laptop but is also much louder, so I only listen on the Google Home if no one else is at home. :P 

If I'm not at home, I plug my earbuds into my phone and listen on that. :) 

I don't listen to music on the move much anymore. Even with over-ear headphones, it still hurts to have sound so close to sensitive ear drums when using my phone.

At home, I usually just listen on my laptop... while the left speaker is a bit flat it still does the job.

currently phone and PC. my PC's sound system is awesome. I have the bass turned up a lot when alone. I used to use my ipod nano mk2, but i have since removed itunes. Before that it was the old CD walkman. 

Used to have an Ipod with 10 gigs of brony music, and ten gigs of all other types of music. Then i spilled chocolate milk on it and now its a reminder never to drink and vibe.

Now I use my Iphone X cause i need a reason to justify buying an Iphone X. Also Pandora, Tunein, and Soundcloud host some great music and podcasts you cant always find on Itunes.

Believe it or not, but this thing:
1915380692_MP3FrontUpdateSM.thumb.JPG.aabc0ef952f5fe42ba16b66e478e383c.JPG

This is an MP3 player I built from a kit (well the circuit board & components were a kit... I made the housing from scratch) almost exactly 10 years ago.  I used to use it as my car music player, at least until I got one that let you play MP3 cds, then it became part of my home Stereo system, where it's plugged into the amp, and I listen to it when doing things around the house.  I just recently did a bit of an overhaul for the first time in almost 10 years, mainly to add the labeling, tighten up some screws, and move the power jack from the bottom to the side of the housing.  Thing is, 10 years after I first soldered the board together, made the housing & turned it on for the first time, it still works just like it was brand new, and I'm going to continue rocking out with it for as long as I can get replacement parts (not that I'll be likely to need them, since even the board & components looked brand-new when I had it out during the power jack shift project).

I also took this thing to BronyCon this year as part of my steampunk Cosplay (along with a suitably steampunkish battery pack & headphones). :D

• Brohoof 2