Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which Equestria Girls characters do you prefer over their pony counterparts?

Octavia Heartstrings

I personally am more interested in EQG than I am in the main show, so I was just wondering: Does anypony like certain characters more as humans than as ponies?

I like Rainbow Dash's and Pinkie Pie's EQG versions more because I find them less annoying than their pony counterparts :D

However, I prefer Princess Twilight to Sci-Twi.

What does everypony else have to say on the matter?

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

personality-wise i don't think i have any, but design-wise they all have so much nicer and fluffier hair, especially fluttershy
p.s. i wonder how sombra would look in EqG

Edited by Lord Valtasar

I prefer all of them as opposed to their pony forms. Yeah, I know that's not quite the answer one would expect for this thread, but then this is how I feel about it.

• Brohoof 1

I prefer human Rarity on the grounds of her sense of fashion being put to better use in that kind of body, as well as her being in a more challenging situation due to her being a high school student.

I also agree with what cmarston1 said about Applejack.

(edited)

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie are definitely a bit mellower in Equestria Girls, although in general I find them fairly similar to their pony versions. Meanwhile, Applejack seems to have a bit more going on in her life than her pony counterpart, which I was a bit confused by at first but have grown to appreciate. I like human Twilight a little less, but the more recognizable she becomes as Twilight Sparkle, the more I come to enjoy her equally. In general, these characters and their pony counterparts tend to behave almost identically at their best, at least in my opinion. 

Edited by AlexanderThrond
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy are the only ones on par to their pony counterparts at the moment.

The rest of them have horseshoes too huge for them to fill at this moment, although, if managed well I can see EQG's AJ and Rarity with the potential to give their pony counterparts a fight, their personalities and environment as humans power up their possibilities to grow.

Twilight and Rainbow Dash are beyond their counterparts' chances if growth, EQG Twilight and Rainbow Dash are too bland in my opinion.

Edit:

Special mention to Trixie, whose EQG conterpart has a potentially greater focus than the pony has had in FiM over the years. We'll have to wait if that's capitalized on her character.

Edited by DonMaguz
Added a special mention.
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I like Sunset's pony form much better I like them all better as ponies I like their human form and all but their pony counterparts can't be beat and I wish they would start showing Sunset Shimmer in My Little Pony Friendship is magic because we don't get to see her as a pony nearly as often as I hoped but even if they don't at least we still know what she looks like as a pony

sad_sunset_by_mit_boy-d8mnm32.png

Edited by NathanW200
  • Brohoof 1

Okay so I find this thread very close to a deep concern I have had for a few years. (Yes years)

Sunset Shimmer

Now hold your horses, but honestly I think that the exposure to her in both forms has allowed me to draw this conclusion PAST fan-work like fictions or art.

With Sunny-buns showing up several times "cannonly" in her true form, frankly...I hate it. Sure i've written an entire 100k fic about her and Adagio as a couple (See The Song of Summer on Fimfiction) and have had long drawn out conversations over skype and at conventions with friends about the introversion and world of EQG, but every-single-time I see, read, watch or talk about Sunset as a Pony again..I grow ill.

Am I alone?

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, heavens-champion said:

How so?

Well, if one thing you can expect of Applejack is: family, farm, and how badly she  adaptes outside farm life. Human AJ is at home to a more modern life as the rest of the teens, without completely forsaking her rural origins with her attire and accent.

Pinks, sadly, has been flanderized to being obnoxious at times, while Human Pinks keep it closer to pre-flanderized pony Pinks 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Steve Piranha said:

Well, if one thing you can expect of Applejack is: family, farm, and how badly she  adaptes outside farm life. Human AJ is at home to a more modern life as the rest of the teens, without completely forsaking her rural origins with her attire and accent.

Pinks, sadly, has been flanderized to being obnoxious at times, while Human Pinks keep it closer to pre-flanderized pony Pinks 

Really? Then why don't they try something like that with Applejack in Generation 5, if she is in Generation 5?

Just now, heavens-champion said:

Really? Then why don't they try something like that with Applejack in Generation 5, if she is in Generation 5?

Who knows? Also, it's presumed that the G5 Mane6 we've seen are actually placeholders to test art-styles, se we may not get a G5 Applejack in the first place