Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if the show ended after S3?

CastletonSnob

2 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

The show was originally going to end after S3, with Magical Mystery Cure being the series finale. What if it did? How would the show be judged?

Then eqg never happened 

Starlight never existed

Even new characters 

Then fandom will be disappointed when the show is over 

• Brohoof 7

They would have had a lot of loose ends hanging, no CMC getting their cutie marks, no Rarity expanding their business, no Parents for AJ, RD or Fluttershy, no RD becoming a Wonderbolt(though considering what we ended up getting, this probably would have been a blessing lol)

• Brohoof 3

9 minutes ago, This Whomps said:

They would have had a lot of loose ends hanging, no CMC getting their cutie marks, no Rarity expanding their business, no Parents for AJ, RD or Fluttershy, no RD becoming a Wonderbolt(though considering what we ended up getting, this probably would have been a blessing lol)

Could be

We wouldn't know what we would have gotten, for better and for worse. To me, that would have been a bad place to end the show, because I'm not a big fan of most episodes in season 3 and in particular I really dislike that finale. I'd consider it a bit insulting if that were the episode they ended the entire series on. 

• Brohoof 3

• 1 month later...

If the show ended at the end of season 3 we'd have a lot of cliffhangers no CMC getting their cutie marks only seeing Twilight as a princess for just that one episode we're she first got her wings and no further not seeing Rainbow Dash becoming a Wonderbolt  Starlight Glimmer wouldn't exist Thorax wouldn't exist AppleJack and Rainbow Dash even Fluttershy's parents would be a mystery Zypher Breeze (Fluttershy's brother) wouldn't exist the School of Friendship wouldn't exist Maud getting a boyfriend (Mud Barrier) wouldn't exist it would all be one big Cliffhanger which would let down a lot of fans I don't think Hasbro would've wanted that plus why would Hasbro want to discontinue FIM at the end of season 3 knowing the fan base was skyrocketing around that time frame

Edited by NathanW200

If the show would've ended on season 3 I probably would've never gotten into the show If I would've known it was going to be a cliffhanger and staying a cliffhanger

I'm really glad the show didn't end on season 3 I would've been so disappointed  

Edited by NathanW200

Fandom would probably be far less active as a whole. Obviously we'd miss out on everything that happened after Season 3, including the movie and Equestria Girls. Many people have mixed opinions on S3, but S1 & 2 are pretty beloved, so I think it would be judged as a good show. Just one with a rough ending.

On 7/30/2018 at 6:03 PM, VG_Addict said:

The show was originally going to end after S3, with Magical Mystery Cure being the series finale. What if it did? How would the show be judged?

You mean by the media :huh:? I think it would have gotten mild attention from popular culture as the phenomenon of bronies, while not as high, it was still rather fresh

Well after king sombra and the crystal empire conquer e questria, the world would be enslaved untill tirek rescues everypony by defeating king sombra. However tirek would be unable due to his emense ego(I mean size) to fend off the changling swarms. Queen crysalis  would then rule all equestria with changlings spys hiding as ponies eveeyone would be scsred to fight back cause the secret police will make them disapear. Unhappy with the chaos not being his DISCORD teams up with the leader of a remote commune of ponies with matching cutie marks, and trixie since she has been traveling the countryside to avoid capture. The 3 will defeat crysalis and DISCORD will rule with an iron hoof/claw/paw/flipper. 

Chaos will reign supreme.  

I think instead of a Season 4 there would be a new MLP series following FIM after demand for more. Twilight's story arc would be done at the end of Season 3. So there would be a new main character to learn about friendship.

• Brohoof 1

If the show ended after Season 3, we would occur many interrupted things or unifinished buisnesses, which were pointed out in the posts above, so I won't repeat.

From the Season 3-time's perspective for me it would be pain, but not to big, since I liked much every episode.

But from today's perspective if I would realise that Starlight wouldn't exist. New ideas wouldn't exist. And a few more things... it would be even more pain.

Anyways: The show didn't end up after Season 3, so I'm glad and most of other people are also glad, that it still exists and develops.

• Brohoof 1

Well, if the show ended at season 3 we wouldn't have the inconsistencies and other problems involved in the proceeding seasons. That isn't really a bad thing though, because the amount of positive features in the proceeding seasons outnumber the negative by far, so with the show ending on season 3, we would have missed out on a lot. :wau:

It would have been like "Transformers Prime" if MLP ended that early. I loved "Transformers Prime" when I was younger, but it only ended on season 3 and had a concluding movie as a finale after that. I wished there was more to it, that future seasons would be made and delve deeper into the amazing world of Transformers, but it didn't happen. :(

If the show ended after season 3 I would demand more and do what I could to get other fans to demand more as well which wouldn't be a problem since much of the fanbase would demand more anyway but it would be very unlikely Hasbro would listen either way Hasbro never listens to their fans they just go along what they think is best and not us I think that's kind of selfish of Hasbro but who am I to judge

Edited by NathanW200

• 1 month later...

It would be ending on a cliffhanger the cutie mark crusaders would never of gotten their cutie marks Rainbow Dash never would of became a Wounderbolt we would've only seen Twilight as a princess when she first became a princess in Magical Mystery Cure and no further Starlight Glimmer wouldn't exist it's a good thing Hasbro decided to continue the series because I'm sure many of their fans would be furious with Hasbro for leaving so many loose plots hanging from a cliff with ending FIM on season 3 of course Hasbro could care less about how their fanbase feels about the series ending on season 3 and most likely no matter how much their fans begged for MLP:FIM to return Hasbro would never listen and Hasbro would keep it a cliffhanger forever but remember fans can always go on strike and to do so they can convince other fans to stop buying Hasbro licensed toys and merchandise stop going to conventions supporting Hasbro and not watching their shows anymore and doing stuff to sabotage Hasbro in demand of the shows return but if Hasbro still didn't listen and Hasbro rather lose money than give their fans what they want than their complete idiots stuff like that can happen if you don't respect you're fans the people that support you can always stop supporting you

Edited by NathanW200

On 7/30/2018 at 7:04 PM, This Whomps said:

Admittedly, "Newbie Dash" was.....pretty bad. But, we also got "Top Bolt", "Parental Glideance", and "The Washouts".

• Brohoof 1

Well, it would have ended with a s*** fest. Season 3 as a whole was absolutely terrible, MMC in particular being total f***ing s***. Would have definitely been a bad end for MLP and I would honestly not consider it among the best cartoons of all time, because Season 4 would never have happened and Twilight's Kingdom wouldn't have totally floored me.

The thing is, it wouldn't of ended after Season 3. Hasbro had many more years to milk the fandom for all it could. If it did? Well... It wouldn't of been pretty since Season 3 was awful.

On 7/30/2018 at 7:04 PM, This Whomps said:

no RD becoming a Wonderbolt(though considering what we ended up getting, this probably would have been a blessing lol)

Maybe it's just me but I don't see the way they portrayed RD becoming a wonderbolt as troublesome.

• Brohoof 2

15 hours ago, TwilySparky said:

Maybe it's just me but I don't see the way they portrayed RD becoming a wonderbolt as troublesome.

Yeah, I could have done with her embarrassing herself a bit less in that first episode, but I also think it does a good job of capturing how far she's come. I like that she tries to overcompensate for her insecurities. That's what makes her interesting to me. 

• Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, TwilySparky said:

I think that most of the initial backlash that "Newbie Dash" got was because we assumed that this was the last of the Rainbow Dash Wonderbolt storyline, and because it didn't play out the way many of us expected/wanted it to play out.

Every post-Newbie Dash Wonderbolt has been great and helped re-contextualized "Newbie Dash". Even though the show was unpleasant for Rainbow Dash, it was necessary for the character's growth and development. 

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, Theanimationfanatic said:

I think that most of the initial backlash that "Newbie Dash" got was because we assumed that this was the last of the Rainbow Dash Wonderbolt storyline, and because it didn't play out the way many of us expected/wanted it to play out.

Every post-Newbie Dash Wonderbolt has been great and helped re-contextualized "Newbie Dash". Even though the show was unpleasant for Rainbow Dash, it was necessary for the character's growth and development. 

The thing is, I didn't hate Newbie Dash. People keep on saying how awful of an episode it was, but it just isn't in my eyes.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, TwilySparky said:

The thing is, I didn't hate Newbie Dash. People keep on saying how awful of an episode it was, but it just isn't in my eyes.

I think most of the criticism stems from two factors:

1. The use of cringe humor, mostly from Rainbow Dash's desperate attempts to fit in with the Wonderbolts.

2. The unusually unpleasant and mean-spirited tone of the episode From the cruelty of Rainbow's nickname, to the flashback in which even the teacher is laughing at her, the unflattering portrayal of the Wonderbolts, the third act which many people felt went too far in punishing RD, and finally, people took issue with the moral and the episode's take on bullying.