Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky
Message added by Jeric

Warning, there will likely be spoilers in the Episode discussion threads so venture in at your own peril. 

Road to Friendship  

91 users have voted

1. 1. Like or Dislike?

• Trixie: "Well, since you're SO concerned about space, YOU CAN HAVE IT ALL! I'll sleep under the stars, where at least the wild animals will be QUIETER THAN YOU!!" (I HATE IT! >__<)
    • Hoo'Far: *smoke bomb, coughs loudly* "That…was…the worst friendship chant I have ever heard!" (I dislike it!)
    • Starlight & Trixie: *backs away nervously as Twi and Cadance chant* (…meh…)
    • Starlight: "Thank goodness we're not like Twilight or the others. They'd probably sing a song about it." (I like it!)
    • Trixie: "I think it's made our friendship greater and more powerful than ever!" (I LOVE IT! <3)

Note: Please keep all content and discussion not officially published by Hasbro under the "spoiler" tag, and don't link to or paste leaked assets.

The episode was first announced on Zap2It. More to come as September approaches.

Title: Road to Friendship (aka, On the Road to Friendship)

Airtimes:

Disc. Family/U.S.: September 1, 11:30am EST
Boomerang/AU: August 17, 6:30pm EST

Writer(s): Josh Haber

Synopsis: When Trixie is invited to bring her magic show to the far off land of Saddle Arabia, she can think of nopony better to bring along than her great and powerful assistant, Starlight. But not all friends are meant to travel together.

How about an animatic? :D

Episode link:

• Brohoof 3

53 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Note: Please keep all content and discussion not officially published by Hasbro under the "spoiler" tag, and don't link to or paste leaked assets.

The episode was first announced on Zap2It. More to come as September approaches.

Title: On the Road to Friendship

Airtime: September 1, 11:30am EST

Writer(s): N/A

Synopsis: When Trixie is invited to bring her magic show to the far off land of Saddle Arabia, she can think of nopony better to bring along than her great and powerful assistant, Starlight. But not all friends are meant to travel together.

How about an animatic? :D

Episode to be linked after it airs.

Yikes! People are still aiming their cameras at the TV screen? Someone send them a tripod, STAT!

J/K!

I'm looking forward to Starlight and Trixie on a road trip!

It's interesting in all the times the Mane 6 have gone on a trip the entire journey is glossed over. No hiccups, no trouble, no issues arise until after they've arrived. I can think of only two times we actually got to see the journey. "MMMystery on the Friendship Express" but that conflict came mostly from the cake and not themselves and "Pinkie Apple Pie" but again less of a friendship conflict between Applejack and Pinkie and more just Applejack's family in-fighting (huh, that also had a road trip song).

I'm excited to see a real struggle of a journey where hopefully they play off each other fairly and not just "Trixie drives Starlight mad; 'All Bottled Up' on the road retread."

However, if that rocket toy is in the ending act I can already tell their friendship is going to be stronger than ever with how happy Starlight is riding it and confident Trixie is steering it.

• Brohoof 2

On 7/31/2018 at 8:56 AM, KH7672 said:

It's interesting in all the times the Mane 6 have gone on a trip the entire journey is glossed over. No hiccups, no trouble, no issues arise until after they've arrived. I can think of only two times we actually got to see the journey. "MMMystery on the Friendship Express" but that conflict came mostly from the cake and not themselves and "Pinkie Apple Pie" but again less of a friendship conflict between Applejack and Pinkie and more just Applejack's family in-fighting (huh, that also had a road trip song).

I'm excited to see a real struggle of a journey where hopefully they play off each other fairly and not just "Trixie drives Starlight mad; 'All Bottled Up' on the road retread."

However, if that rocket toy is in the ending act I can already tell their friendship is going to be stronger than ever with how happy Starlight is riding it and confident Trixie is steering it.

What about in "Dragonshy" (season one, episode seven) when they have to pretty much drag Fluttershy up a mountain?

• Brohoof 2

The more StarTrix; the better. I look forward with great anticipation to any episode where this duo plays a part. <3

• Brohoof 5

4 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

What about in "Dragonshy" (season one, episode seven) when they have to pretty much drag Fluttershy up a mountain?

I'd say that's a little different because the conflict comes from the reluctance to go on a journey. The other two episodes I mentioned they already were all prepped to head off to their destination and same with Trixie and Starlight here. What I was pointing out was just the curious lack of conflict and in fighting among eath other during that kind of journey. The closest we got was "Over a Barrel" with Applejack caring a lot about Bloomberg and the late night "tree" conversation. But any other time the journey is glossed over (to Griffenstone, to the Pie Family Farm, to the Crystal Empire, even the main walking segments to Klugetown and back in the MLP movie.) It's just an interesting observation I had about how this story does work the best with these two.

Although they did make it back and forth to Starlight's Village with no issues but maybe that's because Starlight was too stressed to notice anything Trixie did and Trixie knew not to push her. Now that their both more open and relaxed, well now comes the real test of friendship and I can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...

Excited! Startrix is a great combo with loads of potential.

Season 8 is kind of a lackluster season, wonder if we'll get a few amazing episodes to top the others.

That

Was

AWESOME! ^_^

Hands down the best episode of the season so far! First of all, it's a Trixie and Starlight episode, which is an insta win! Second of all, Saddle Arabia, SA horses, woah! This also confirms that Somnambula town IS a part of Arabia, who knew... That was the first Arabian horse since... Equestria Games, I guess? Kinda confused as to why there aren't too many of them even in the Somnambula town. That song was pure fire, first Trixie song aand I believe second Starlight song? Waiting for JTH to remix it, that would be a banger! 

That Starlight's exchange was ridiculous was sure, I'd get even more pissed off than Trixie if I were her, I do get why Starlight saw nothing wrong with it though. That scene when Trixie was just laying on the ground. You Arab dude, how much tea do you have?! He's been drinking the same cup for a day, that's a deep cup for sure! 

How come did these two mares hear the entirety of the song though? They were just starting to travel, so they couldn't hear most of it, that was confusing. Also, that dance/chant, I'm really sure I've just woken somebody up.

Overall, this gave* me high hopes for the rest of the season, a solid 100/100, lovely <3

Edited by Buttaflight
  • Brohoof 1

Spoiler

Really enjoyed the episode, as a traveler I found it quite relatable, though there was two major disappointments. First, we didn't actually get to see Saddle Arabia, and second, no rocket. Is it actually going to show up in the show? 

Act 1 over!

Spoiler

The chemistry in this episode's outstanding. You can really see the close connection Trixie and Starlight have with each other. The way they speak to each other feels like they knew each other for years. The dislogue's tight, organic, and woven together well.

Now in the middle of Act 2! :D

• Brohoof 2