Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever since his debut in this Season 8's premire "School Daze", and with what was previewed at SDCC in the trailer for the 2nd half of Season 8.  The Question everyone/everybony/everypegasister has is, "WHAT'S HIS PROBLEM?" "WHAT'S HIS BACKSTORY TO MAKE HIM LIKE THIS?

Well here, I try my best to figure that out and answer that question.

Comments are Welcomed

1 minute ago, strongwilled_pegasus said:

He's the enforcement arm for the EEA

You call what he's done and will done EEA Enforcement? Really? Why?

(edited)

when some one goes rouge in a bureaucratic organization do you really not think that the upper leadership does not know about? someone has likely warned them more than  once about a certain members unstable ways yet chose to keep him (or them) on board.  so The EEA in this case gets no sympathy from me

when power hungry administrators are protected from  the consequences of their bad behavior not expecting something like this is the height of lunacy.

PS: I should've stated that he started out an enforcer

Edited by strongwilled_pegasus
  • Brohoof 1

When Zecora first went into ponyville, everyone feared her. When Dash and Pinkie Pie were sent to Griffonstone, Dash was not excited to meet any griffons, assuming they'd all be rude like Gilda was. Mules are openly considered ugly, stubborn, and uncool, and apologies do not negate their namesake being used as a generic stereotype. When the Bison tribe and Apploosa were having a land dispute, there was no intervention by a government official for reconciliation. When Thorax first appeared, everyone was afraid of him. In the MLP Movie, we see a street vendor selling unicorn horns. When Twilight, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie were under cover in the dragon lands, there were several times that Garble was disrespectful and threatening towards pony kind. I'm sure their are other examples but I think you get the point. There is an undertone of racism in Equestria, and although Neighsay takes a harsher stance than most ponies, he's not exactly in the minority.

There are three reasons for this I think. Firstly, people and ponies alike, tend to fear the unknown, so when they encounter a creature they know very little about or has the potential to bring harm to them, they run away from it.

Secondly, Equestria has the highest quality of life, from what we can tell, compared to all the other lands we've visited. This could result in a sense of exceptionalism, which can result in a society that looks down on others.

Thirdly, and I know the correct term is speciesism, but I'm going to use racism because these creatures are all sentient and they're similar enough that everyone will understand what I'm saying. In the world of MLP, diversity doesn't just come in the form of different colors, ethnic backgrounds, beliefs, and so forth. We have groups that can do things others can't. Not everyone can cast magic, fly, be in tune with nature, shape shift, wield immense strength, live underwater, breath fire, ect. It's not like our world where differences are only superficial. For them there's actually some merit to the question of who's superior. Sure they could all accept that they're all unique in their own way and have a place in the world so that they can live in harmony, but that sentiment has a tendency to ebb and flow.

52 minutes ago, SharpWit said:

When Zecora first went into ponyville, everyone feared her. When Dash and Pinkie Pie were sent to Griffonstone, Dash was not excited to meet any griffons, assuming they'd all be rude like Gilda was. Mules are openly considered ugly, stubborn, and uncool, and apologies do not negate their namesake being used as a generic stereotype. When the Bison tribe and Apploosa were having a land dispute, there was no intervention by a government official for reconciliation. When Thorax first appeared, everyone was afraid of him. In the MLP Movie, we see a street vendor selling unicorn horns. When Twilight, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie were under cover in the dragon lands, there were several times that Garble was disrespectful and threatening towards pony kind. I'm sure their are other examples but I think you get the point. There is an undertone of racism in Equestria, and although Neighsay takes a harsher stance than most ponies, he's not exactly in the minority.

There are three reasons for this I think. Firstly, people and ponies alike, tend to fear the unknown, so when they encounter a creature they know very little about or has the potential to bring harm to them, they run away from it.

Secondly, Equestria has the highest quality of life, from what we can tell, compared to all the other lands we've visited. This could result in a sense of exceptionalism, which can result in a society that looks down on others.

Thirdly, and I know the correct term is speciesism, but I'm going to use racism because these creatures are all sentient and they're similar enough that everyone will understand what I'm saying. In the world of MLP, diversity doesn't just come in the form of different colors, ethnic backgrounds, beliefs, and so forth. We have groups that can do things others can't. Not everyone can cast magic, fly, be in tune with nature, shape shift, wield immense strength, live underwater, breath fire, ect. It's not like our world where differences are only superficial. For them there's actually some merit to the question of who's superior. Sure they could all accept that they're all unique in their own way and have a place in the world so that they can live in harmony, but that sentiment has a tendency to ebb and flow.

We have to take into account that the species half of the young6 belong to have subjected Equestria in some form of hostility. AND if take into account supplementary material as well, the griffons are on the list as well. Leaving only the seaponies/hippogriff and...... ponies as the only not know history of hostility. So Neighsay has some merit in his racism

• Brohoof 3

9 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

We have to take into account that the species half of the young6 belong to have subjected Equestria in some form of hostility. AND if take into account supplementary material as well, the griffons are on the list as well. Leaving only the seaponies/hippogriff and...... ponies as the only not know history of hostility. So Neighsay has some merit in his racism

Exactly, the whole scene where they confront him for not being accepting of them confirmed his fears.

Also, from Cadence's explanation of what changelings were back in a royal wedding, that knowledge I'd bet came from interactions of the past. Before the established the hive in the badlands, I imagined the changelings as having been the Japanese in a world war 2 scenario and them and ponies arrested under suspicion of conspiracy would be locked up in internment camps because when the enemy can blend in, you kind of have to round everyone up.

Neighsay is an antagonist that legitimately holds Twilight accountable for her mistakes in the first episode. Then the second episode, Starlight talks her into the "Screw the rules, I'm a princess."

It was a string of Twilight's mistakes of deceiving him, mismanaging her school, and her students skipping that lead to a panic which nearly got some ponies crushed by a part of the school. That was the trigger and pushed him. Maybe the worst debacle he's seen in his career.

There was a lot going on in that first episode that his racism became the main focal point and the rest is buried in the second episode. It overshadows him chastising Twilight and the six students' guardians.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 1

I think that Neighsay's story is that he had heard myths about other races growing up as a filly and therefore developing the views he has in the show. If we get to see more episodes later this season, it may reveal much more sinister things about him. 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...
On 2018-07-31 at 11:31 AM, bwrosas said:

Ever since his debut in this Season 8's premire "School Daze", and with what was previewed at SDCC in the trailer for the 2nd half of Season 8.  The Question everyone/everybony/everypegasister has is, "WHAT'S HIS PROBLEM?" "WHAT'S HIS BACKSTORY TO MAKE HIM LIKE THIS?

Well here, I try my best to figure that out and answer that question.

Comments are Welcomed

Theories:

1. Grew up in a family of haughty unicorns descended from Platinum. 

2. Got his cutie mark scarred by a non pony since he didn't show his cutie mark in the show. 

3. Tempest was his childhood friend and went apart because of the Ursa Minor