Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

humor Visual Impairment

Octavia Heartstrings

This is just a short story that I wrote on a whim :twi:

One day, Sunny Flare was at her locker organizing a stack of books. She was almost done when someone bumped into her and nearly knocked her off balance.

She turned around to see Neon Lights, sporting his trademark solid black shades. "Seriously, Neon!" she snapped. "Watch where you're going!"

"What?!" Neon shouted. "Who's there? Who turned out the lights? I must be hearing those voices again!"

Sunny sighed. "Take off those shades! You've been blind ever since you put those goddamn stupid things on!"

She was right. Ever since he bought his shades, Neon had believed himself to be visually impaired, and had no idea what was going on around him. But he refused to take them off no matter what. "Nah, shade-free ain't my style! My shades are a fashion statement. You ought to know that."

"I know what a fashion statement is, and those shades aren't one!" Sunny snapped. "And you're not actually blind! Just take them off already!"

"Sorry, no can do." Neon replied. "And don't blame my blindness on my cool shades. That's offensive."

Sunny Flare rolled her eyes. There was just no way to argue with him. "Fine." she said as she walked away. "Enjoy your self-inflicted visual impairment."

• Brohoof 5