Banner by ~ SFyr

What are your religious beliefs, if any?

AveryGamerDude

What are your religious beliefs, if any?  

44 users have voted

1. 1. What are your religious beliefs, if any?

• Christian
    • Jewish
    • Muslim
    • Wiccan
    • Satanism
    • Buddhism
    • Hinduism
    • Daoism
    • Taoism
    • Shintoism
    • Other (Please Specify!)
    • None (Agnostic)
    • None (Atheist)

I'm doing this out of sheer curiosity. I'm pretty sure there's already a post like this, but eh. I'm personally an atheist, but I don't care what your beliefs are. I just REALLY wanna know! (If you don't mind) So please tell me, what are your religious beliefs, if any? Feel free to leave a comment below. ;)

• Brohoof 1

I'm a Christian. Catholic to be specific. I believe in the Holy Trinity of Father, Son and Holy Spirit. 

1 hour ago, A French Derpy full of Salt said:

I only believe in science

There's nothing wrong with science, but as I see it God created science, as with all things, so there's no reason they should be considered mutually exclusive. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit

Agnostic. 

I'm open to the possibilty of God being real. 

But religion? Any religion? That stuff is a bunch of superstitious non sense.   

To imply any knowledge of the divine and their will takes incredible audacity and a combination of ignorance and arrogance. Even more so if you believe your actions and your actions alone demand enough importance to sway the hand that made all things. 

• Brohoof 1

Badges

I don't believe into a god or several gods. I can not say that there is definitelly no god (that is why I call myself an agnostic atheist), but I personally just don't believe into something spiritual or paranormal. My atheism is the result of my interest into natural science (for example, I believe into the evolution theory or the big bang theory) and some personal experiances. I tried to believe into a god when I was a child (I was catholic before I became an atheist), but I came for me to the conclusion that there is no god and left the church. 

I don't have any religious beliefs. I don't even want to say I'm agnostic because they counts as religion to me. :/ I believe in angels, but I'm not even sure if I believe in god or not anyway. I mean, the only reason I believe in angels is because my grandfather is one. He's actually my guardian angel because my mom said he was many times when I grew up and what not. It's just like that one song "Angels Among Us", which is one of the songs that really make me think of him.

Spoiler

Oh, I believe there are Angels Among Us,
Sent down to us from somewhere up above.
They come to you and me in our darkest hours
To show us how to live
To teach us how to give
To guide us with a light of love.

Badges

I like your poll because it is careful to designate atheism and agnosticism as not religious!

Anyway, I'm an atheist. To put things simply: I was raised a Christian, but only ever believed because my family and community did. Once I got into high school/started joining internet forums and my horizons were broadened, childhood beliefs which kept me "believing" were removed. I can't lie, even though I didn't have any reason to believe in God for myself logically, it was the immorality of the Bible and Christianity that pushed me over the edge and helped me recognize that.

1 minute ago, AveryGamerDude said:

Then in that case does anime qualify as a religion? lel

It could if someone took the time to create one out of it I suppose. Jediism was actually created based off of the works of Lucas, his source materials for the Jedi of fiction, and the works of Joseph Campbell among other things. For some its a philosophy/way of living, for others its a religion. 

Just now, Jedishy said:

It could if someone took the time to create one out of it I suppose. Jediism was actually created based off of the works of Lucas, his source materials for the Jedi of fiction, and the works of Joseph Campbell among other things. For some its a philosophy/way of living, for others its a religion. 

Eh I'm not surprised that Jedism is a religion, considering how big Star Wars is. (I'm a huge fan myself!)

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, AveryGamerDude said:

Eh I'm not surprised that Jedism is a religion, considering how big Star Wars is. (I'm a huge fan myself!)

Its not as nuts as it sounds. Think of Taoist beliefs mixed with Stoicism, Chivalric codes, and a mandate to be of service to mankind. 

Been leaning kinda towards satanism as of late. Though granted, that's more of a philosophy and less of an actual religion. 

5 hours ago, IronM17 said:

My atheism is the result of my interest into natural science (for example, I believe into the evolution theory or the big bang theory) 

Just going to point out that interest into natural science and religion doesn't have to be mutually exclusive. In fact, the guy who came up with the big bang theory was a catholic priest. 

Edited by Yamet
  • Brohoof 1

Badges

Just now, AveryGamerDude said:

I never said it was nuts, I just wasn't surprised it exists!

Nah I did not even read that you implied it. I just know that it can come off that way to those that do not know much about it. So I acknowledged that it could be seen as weird and gave a broad overview to further explain what it's about that's all. I am never afraid to acknowledge the oddity or weirdness of things that I am into. Fear of being odd causes too much misery. Embrace your oddity so long as it hurts nopony are my thoughts. 

1 minute ago, Yamet said:

Been leaning kinda towards satanism as of late. Though granted, that's more of a philosophy and less of an actual religion. 

LeVay has some interesting views. Never got my red card but I own all the basic works and read them from time to time. 

I was raised Christian, became an atheist later down the line, and am now mostly agnostic. I don't believe organized religion or irreligion work, but I'm still not going to subscribe myself to the belief in an all-powerful deity without the proper evidence.

5 minutes ago, Yamet said:

Been leaning kind towards satanism as of late. Though granted, that's more of a philosophy and less an actual religion.

Guess you're also leaning towards being my kind of guy as of late. I'm also intrigued by Satanism and have always maintained a strong interest in the occult. :orly:

Edited by CloudMistDragon