Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you prefer Sweet Potatoes or Mashed Potatoes?

Dashy 4 Ever

Do you prefer Sweet Potatoes or Mashed Potatoes ?  

43 users have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer Sweet Potatoes or Mashed Potatoes?

• Mashed Potatoes
    • Sweet Potatoes
    • None. (Which begs the question why)
    • Both.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE sweet potatoes. It's just that I ate mashed potatoes longer and I prefer it since you can make multiple dishes with mashed potatoes.

Edited by Sondash Studios

Mashed potatoes for me too. Though I'd take sweet potatoes over other kinds of whole potatoes, whole potatoes still just don't really appeal to me. I was also borderline addicted to the sweet and buttery taste of mashed potatoes mixed with plenty of salt and butter at one point too. :bedeyes:

I like both. Though, I usually only get to eat sweet potatoes during Thanksgiving and Christmas time...

EDIT: I felt bad for sweet potatoes not getting any votes... so I chose them. :laugh:

Edited by Fangirl Mode

Mashed Potatoes, if made well, are godlike. They are amazing with any meal and even great on bread. I like to put mine on bread, because I am weird. :P Sweet potatoes, I was never a fan of them. I simply don't like the taste. Mashed potatoes I have loved since the dawn of time.

I like both but I'm going to go with Sweet Potatoes. I've had mashed potatoes with almost every meal my whole life so it's nice to have the variety of sweet potatoes. I especially like sweet potato fries with marshmallow dipping sauce. Absolutely to die for! :sunbutt:

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wait just a sec... I might get this wrong because of language barrier or some cultural thing, but isn't that question little off? :confused: I mean, you can make mash both from normal potatoes and also from sweet potatoes (or batata/camote). Just as fries and other dishes are been made from both of them.  Would it be more coherent to ask something like 'do you like mash/dishes made from potatoes more than ones made from sweet potatoes'?

No matter, the guestion is what it is and no other seem to have problem with it, so why should I? :P I picked second-to-last option 'none', I think that both normal and sweet potatoes are at their best when they are just boiled.

• 4 months later...

I hate sweet potatoes. That underlying sweetness that gives them their name makes me gag. I prefer the more robust taste of a regular potato, mashed or otherwise. Usually with some sort of butter.

The wording of this thread bothers me immensely... 

Personally, I find sweet potatoes to just be straight-up nasty. Regular potatoes are better. But the best way to have them is baked and loaded with butter, sour cream, bacon...

I don't really enjoy mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes can get tiresome after having them for an amount of time.  I prefer roasted potatoes and baked sweet potatoes.  I picked "both" on the poll because they both have qualities that I enjoy...

• 1 year later...