Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is it accurate to say the fandom is overall right wing/right leaning?

ShadowSJG

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

No I don't believe so, everyone in the fandom comes from all walks of life, so we got a good mix of both political sides in here (Though if I was being SUPER analytical, I would say that the fandom in general tends to lean more left based off of what I've seen from users on this site to others in the community at large) but I've seen plenty of both sides in my time here, so I'll leave it at that. 

Personally it depends on who is in charge. Just because queen crysalis sits on the thrown doesn't mean all right wing is wrong. And just because thorax lacks nuts, doesn't mean the feelings forum is useless. 

Man do I miss celestia.

1 hour ago, King of Canterlot said:

No I don't believe so, everyone in the fandom comes from all walks of life, so we got a good mix of both political sides in here (Though if I was being SUPER analytical, I would say that the fandom in general tends to lean more left based off of what I've seen from users on this site to others in the community at large) but I've seen plenty of both sides in my time here, so I'll leave it at that. 

The fan base might be older than the intended audience, but it’s still pretty young, and younger people tend to lean left. On the whole, politics isn’t really a part of the show (thank god), so the political leanings of the fan base doesn’t get dragged up much.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

Well I don't really look into the politics of the fandom much, so I wouldn't exactly know. From what I've seen, it seems like the majority of the fandom is left-leaning. That being said, the good thing about this fandom is that anybody can enjoy it!

• Brohoof 2