Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What things freak you out the most?

Dashy 4 Ever

For some reason I've been afraid of pretty much every type of drain/sewer since I was little...I just don't like the way they look. :sealed:

Oh and also pool skimmers freak me out. I can't be the only one that wouldn't go near them as a kid, right?

• Brohoof 3

Nothing really freaks me out anymore... 'cept bees... fuck those things.

16 minutes ago, Purrtergeist said:

Oh and also pool skimmers freak me out. I can't be the only one that wouldn't go near them as a kid, right?

That thing that would roam around your pool and clean it? Yeah, I had an older sister who told me it would suck me up if I got near it. Parent's would have to pull the thing out of the pool just to get me and my younger sister in.

Edited by Snow Frostflame
  • Brohoof 1

Spiders, thunder (I don't like noise. Plus, thunder is unpredictable), hospitals, needles/IVs, horror movies... the list goes on. :c I also freak a teensy bit when I see people with amputated limbs. I mean, it's nothing against the person... I understand that something bad happened to cause it. It's just a bit freaky to see someone with a stub leg or arm for me. ><

Edited by Fangirl Mode
  • Brohoof 1

The ending of 4g. (Wipes back tears)

23 minutes ago, Thanos said:

Moslty eyes

Like eye surgery

I always hate when people do something in their eyes 

I was at an eye exam and the doctor wanted to touch my eye with some sensor. I ended up having a panic attack and feeling ridiculously hot so I started taking my cloths off. The doctor said that in 28 years of performing this exam she's never had a patient take off their shirt.

Don't touch my eyes. 

I generally like all living things...except Wasps. Screw Wasps.

Stairs and escalators always freak me out. Elevators too, but not as badly as escalators.

Very few things made to be intentionally scary creep me out, it's almost always overly saccharine, children's stuff that get reactions out of me. Teletubbies for example used to creep me out but I got over it in the last few years. While they don't creep me per say out, Halloween is Grinch Night made me realize how effective Dr. Seuss's monster designs can be used for horror. I really want to see a horror movie done in his style.

• Brohoof 2

• Deep Water
  • Heights
  • Tornadoes/Other natural disasters
  • Creepers
  • Walking outside alone at night

Then on the less rational side of things (phobias, so to speak?):

• Bugs, especially moths
  • Dead/decomposing bodies

Heights, riding in passenger seat, and mirrors in dark rooms. I use to be afraid of getting shots at the hospital, but I've gotten a lot better in the last several years. 

Wasps and hornets, swimming in anything but a pool, heights (Though I have no problem with airplanes) and the thought of being hypnotized (not so much anymore, but it still is kinda a thing I am scared of.)

Edited by cpl_dixon

• 2 weeks later...

Things I'm afraid of:

• Heights, even though I like hiking in mountains. Just don't put me near a cliff.
  • Deep water (70% of the Earth)
  • Being tortured for being Christian
  • Becoming homeless

I used to be afraid of bees, but I got over that fear when I had to walk through loads of bees to remove the outdoor trash when I worked as a janitor. Then I had to do the same thing on numerous days, including once when there was a mini swarm of bees all over the trash. Wasps and hornets are still awful though.

I was afraid of mirrors in the dark too, but I don't remember how I got over that.

Edited by Methuselah

12 minutes ago, shyabetes3939 said:

Centipedes

Bees, wasps, hornets and other flying insects that sting

Germs (sometimes)

Various parasitic insects and fish

Heights (sometimes)

Diving head first into a pool

That's my biggest freakout! Parasites, even just fleas, scare the, um, stuff out of me!

• Brohoof 1