Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Thoughts on cursing in Equestria?

Unity

We know that they have "curse words" as we have seen it a few times.

But what are your thoughts on it?

Do you think they have all equivalent's to all of our "Human" curse words? 

My thoughts are that while fewer Ponies actually do it, and less often, they do have them.

Edited by Unity

I feel like since there is such lack of hardship in Equestria until of course some 1,000 year old monster comes to be again they wouldn't curse. I do, though, believe that their are those ponies who are more "edgy" and as result would curse more than others even if at a low rate

Fluttershy does say what i would say the equivalent to our F word would be.

she said " That Nopony gives a flying Feather about" so I would assume that's it.

but again "Feather you!" don't exactly seem right.

• Brohoof 1

Since real curse words in our world originated from differences in class, I don't see why curse words wouldn't exist in their world that has shown itself to have a history of being strongly divided by class in the past (see Hearth's Warming Eve). I'm sure there are some ponies in Equestria that indulge in some pretty dirty rap music and daytime TV shows being censored by "BUY SOME APPLES!". ^_^

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Since real curse words in our world originated from differences in class, I don't see why curse words wouldn't exist in their world that has shown itself to have a history of being strongly divided by class in the past (see Hearth's Warming Eve). I'm sure there are some ponies in Equestria that indulge in some pretty dirty rap music and daytime TV shows being censored by "BUY SOME APPLES!". ^_^

Lol. I agree. Though I think as time has passed some of those got lost to time. It does make me interested in how relations worked after the unifying of the tribes

• Brohoof 1

I think they have a rich variety of curse words, but the show isn't ever going to let us hear them simply because swearing doesn't sit well in a kid's show. The whole 'peeved is a bad word' thing, to me, was just a one-off joke and not really an indication that it's actually seen as an offensive swear word, but I'm sure ponies can get quite colorful when they want to.

That said, for fanfics I'd still stick to 'ponified' versions of swears, like 'bucking' instead of 'fucking'.

On 8/5/2018 at 3:09 PM, Wonderbolt Slipstream said:

Of course they do act like "Peeved" is a curse word so I guess curse words to them are our less severe kind.

I agree with this right here, I'm sure they do have curse words, they're just not nearly as severe or vulgar as our own curse words, and I'm sure as many others have said here that even with the less vulgar curse words, they still don't say them super often as most of Equestria in general is portrayed as a friendly sunshiny place, leaving little reason for the ponies to really be using swears, even if those swears are pretty soft compared to ours.   

• Brohoof 1