Miles Rarity Edgeworth

Staticthor Draconus

Pinkie_D_Pie

Cammie827

Replacements(1/3)

Pinkazoid-Replacing Nevermore

I need 12 players for this set up

http://forums.mtgsal...ad.php?t=151417

Is where you can get the basic ruleset and some theory. Don't worry you dont have to read it all.

Mafia is a game with two basic teams: the "town" and the "mafia." The town is always the larger of the two groups (typically 2.5-3 times the size of the mafia), but they suffer from a lack of information. In general, no member of the town knows any of his teammates, and is therefore put into a position where s/he cannot trust anyone. Each townie is inherently dangerous, because they have a vote, which they can cast at any other player. If a majority of players vote for a single player at any time, that player is lynched. S/he is then "dead" and can no longer participate in the game.

The mafia members, on the other hand, do know the identities of each other member, which gives them enormous potential power. They will never be put into a position where they must risk losing a team member unknowingly. In addition, they have the ability to nightkill a player.

The game is divided into days and nights. Days are the times when conversations in the thread take place. Any player may generally post any opinions, ideas, or lies they feel like posting, as long as they are within the guidelines set forth by the mod. This may include accusations, arguments, defenses, speculation, and most importantly, votes. Once a player is lynched by a majority, the Day - which may take weeks to conclude – ends. The game enters a period of Night, during which the mafia may converse via PM, and the mod will manage any abilities, such as nightkills. The mafia’s conversations will eventually end with a decision as to who to nightkill; the final choice is sent to the mod. That player is then "dead" and may no longer participate.

Any number of other abilities may also be used, though these are specific to each game. One of the more common roles with abilities include cops, which can investigate a player each night by sending that name to the mod. The mod will then respond to that player with a result of innocent or guilty – an indicator of whether or not a player is a member of the mafia. Another common role is the doc, who can send in the name of a player at night with the hope of defending them. If that player would have been killed that night, the doc's ability prevents the kill.

Many mafia games have themes that make them very interesting to play in. Game mods often go to great length to make games saturated with flavor, which often bleeds into game mechanics. Thus, every game is different, and some of them are very complex. Strategies and counter-strategies have been developed for hundreds of situations, and yet, the thrill of uncertainty that made the original game so exciting to play is still present. Go sign up for a game, and see what the craze is all about!

That's majority of what you need to know.

I foyu think you have fantastic investagative skills and are always one for a good mystery, why not join in. Don't worry if you've never played before this is a very beginer friendly game.

Please post if you're intrested and if you've ever played this game before.

Pnoyvile is under seige, the changelings have taken over the whole of canterlot. A small group of fourteen ponys have survived by hiding out in an undergroud cavern. Their goal is to reach the princess and save her before the evil queen gets to her. The guard who is leading you, a tall handsome colt guides the way, however, one of the ponies has changed back into a changeling and thrown him off the side of the narrow walkway, leaving him falling deep down. The rest of you know something is up and proceed to give the changeling the same fate. However, you suspect that there are more changelings among you.

Edited by Lostwanderer

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can have you as a replacment if you'd like, so if someone drops out or does not confirm you may take their place.

okay, just quote me back here, and hopefully I might see it xD