Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could the Storm King return?

dragoonanime

That's rather unlikely, considering the possibility of Liev Schreiber's availability or payment. On the other hand, he accepted the role so his kids could actually see (or hear in this case :dash:) him in the first place, so he may be open to reprise the role just for that. This latter is possible considering....

Spoiler

He'll make at least one more appearance this season, not to mention being the cause of the conflict next EG special

• Brohoof 2

Other than Liev Schreiber's availability, there's the fact that he's only useful as driveway gravel now.

Edited by ggg-2
  • Brohoof 2

It may be more of a "See the Movie, buy our toys" sorta thing with all the hints and appearances.

Well, any villain could be revived. I fail to see the benefit.

1 minute ago, Sunlight Glisten said:

Wasn't he turned to stone and smashed into 1000 pieces?

In the end credit while everyone was partying, Storm king eyeballs moved. So he's still alive..it's only a matter of magic to bring him back.

I think Storm King will be unlikely to reappear since him and the rest of the movie characters are exclusively for the movie only. ALthough I don't doubt that  the IDW might someday will pick him up to do more on his character. But I do wish they'll bring the movie characters into the series later in the future.

2 hours ago, Sunlight Glisten said:

Discord returned from being turned to stone... maybe a reunification spell....

It's probably not canon but The Official Movie Sourcebook implies he survived and turned into an astral projection/ghost form, thing.

2 hours ago, Sunlight Glisten said:

The Storm King could return as a cyborg, as was the case with Darth Maul.

2 hours ago, Thanos said:

Oh god he a Terminator 

Could be worse, he could be Barry Dylan.

As for whether or not he could return... honestly, I wouldn't put it past the show. I mean, yeah, he had kind of a Disney death, but he's not dead dead, just... kinda turned to stone and shattered. With a bit of care, glue and ass-pull magic, he may as well come back. Hell, they gave Discord a second chance, and he tried to break reality itself.

6 hours ago, TBD said:

In the end credit while everyone was partying, Storm king eyeballs moved. So he's still alive..it's only a matter of magic to bring him back.

Saaaay, I didn't even notice that! Sweet!

• Brohoof 1

19 hours ago, EpicEnergy said:

Reveal hidden contents

I saw storm creatures' shadows in one of the promos for the second half. It is most likely that they will return in season 8 and not the Storm King himself, but anything is possible.

Promo (spoilers!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m6zL5c0GRs

Spoiler

I have a feeling that's just a teaser, like maybe an villain made  a cloud of smokes out from their fear or something. But it if not, then just as @Jordan D mentioned a ghostly storm king came back and take on revenge. 

If Storm king return, I would want Tempest to return as well.

Edited by TBD

Probably, but it's up to the writers, just like with King Sombra.

At BronyCon 2013 or 2014 (one of those) people asked the writers if King Sombra was dead, they basically said yes. Fast forward to this year and that question was brought up again (to M.A. Larson) and they scooted around that question, bringing in the possibility that he's not. Same thing can happen with Storm king, even though he looked pretty dead to us.

• Brohoof 1

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:36 PM, Sunlight Glisten said:

This would not be a great idea, because he would be alive in those 1000 pieces. Not a sight I like to see. ^_^