Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The origin of . . . (Make up an origin story for an Equestrian event)

Senko

Just a little light hearted idea that popped into my head and I decided why not make a forum game of it to see what others come up with. The way it works is you pick some even in the world of Equestria and make up a silly origin story to explain how it all came about. To start the thread off (hopefully) . . .

Daylight savings in Equestria originated with Celestia deciding she wanted to sleep in one day.

• Brohoof 1

Summer Sun Festival: simply known as a recurring festivity, it was originally meant to be the anniversary of the victory of Celestia upon the old kingdoms and their annexation to the Equestrian Monarchy. However, this fact was modified lately, since some equestrians were using this as an excuse to pretend a modification on the Princess' command.

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Kevin Tang said:

The grand galloping gala is an event made by Celestia only to troll the high-class ponies by secretly cause troubles by inviting discord, Twilight, and her friends.

If this were true, I wouldn't be the least bit shocked.

• Brohoof 1

The ponyville annual running of the leaves began when a skittish pony was too embarassed to admit they'd triggered a stampede because of a harmless spider.

• Brohoof 1

The Apple family selling cider started when Equestria banned cider. Granny Smith was a cider runner. She could only transport a certain number of barrels before the police would catch up with her. By the time they caught her she had already sold them all. That is why they only make a certain number of barrels to this day.