Sign in to follow this  

Golden Oaks Suggestion Box

As this section and type of event is relatively new to MLP Forums, we're bound to either run into a few speed bumps here and there or manage something in a redundant fashion. If anyone who has any ideas of how better to streamline this event or make things more accessible, please either leave them here or if you are uncomfortable leaving a public post then get with a member of staff so they can talk with you about what you'd like to do.

I think it would be an awesome addition to have the ability to apply as a reader for other people's stories and/or apply your stories for other readers to read live here

• Brohoof 3

I have an Australian Americanised accent that people seem to like, I could read a story or two if you like?

• Brohoof 2

Badges

17 hours ago, Lord Valtasar said:

I think it would be an awesome addition to have the ability to apply as a reader for other people's stories and/or apply your stories for other readers to read live here

I gotta second this. Having people submit their fan fic for the readers ( so long as it meets the rules ) will ensure that there is always material available. I might get back on my Winters Wanderings and submit it for others to read if people are interested. 

• Brohoof 2

It could prove useful - for both practical and aesthetic/organization purposes - to somehow designate oneshot readings that can be read in a single session, from ongoing stories that will be read across multiple sessions. As a writer myself, there are most definitely two different crowds of people when it comes to readers - those who enjoy the returning pleasure of reading (in this case hearing) ongoing stories, and those who's attention span is best captured with contained stories. Perhaps certain days of the week could be seen as 'oneshot days', ranging 2-3 days per week, where oneshots are selected and read from whatever suggestions list/running staff list the moderators have, while there is then regular ongoing days/times throughout the week where ongoing stories are read. These days could overlap of course, but starting with designated days for oneshots might be a good idea to start with.

• Brohoof 5

Badges

On 8/11/2018 at 1:56 AM, ~Chaotic Discord~ said:

It could prove useful - for both practical and aesthetic/organization purposes - to somehow designate oneshot readings that can be read in a single session, from ongoing stories that will be read across multiple sessions. As a writer myself, there are most definitely two different crowds of people when it comes to readers - those who enjoy the returning pleasure of reading (in this case hearing) ongoing stories, and those who's attention span is best captured with contained stories. Perhaps certain days of the week could be seen as 'oneshot days', ranging 2-3 days per week, where oneshots are selected and read from whatever suggestions list/running staff list the moderators have, while there is then regular ongoing days/times throughout the week where ongoing stories are read. These days could overlap of course, but starting with designated days for oneshots might be a good idea to start with.

My personal focus is going to be on one-shots that can be read aloud in a single sitting. 

• Brohoof 1
  • yay 2

@~C. Discord~ So this section is kinda dead, but perhaps one of the issues is that people are kinda shy and aren't comfortable speaking to a live crowd or having a voice tied to their anonymity online.  

Perhaps we fix that, by allowing an option for readers to apply and perform anonymously. That way, secret identities are kept and we still get fics being read. Cool? 

27 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

@~C. Discord~ So this section is kinda dead, but perhaps one of the issues is that people are kinda shy and aren't comfortable speaking to a live crowd or having a voice tied to their anonymity online.  

Perhaps we fix that, by allowing an option for readers to apply and perform anonymously. That way, secret identities are kept and we still get fics being read. Cool? 

That’s definitely an idea. This is on hold until after the MCM since I will be personally reinventing it along with ... other things ;)

• yay 1

2 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

If one of the issues, a minor one tbh. The big reason this died is the lead left at the drop of a hat and I'm too busy to be an active lead, as are most of the admins. :mlp_please: As Jeric said everything regarding management needs to be looked at again.

• Brohoof 1

Badges