Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The writers could be saving the best for last

FirePuppy

Many of you guys think the writers are struggling with good ideas for episodes focusing on certain characters. Well, this may not really be the case. Have you guys ever heard of the phrase, "Save the best for last, do the worst first?" Well, I think that's what the writers are actually doing. They're getting rid of most of the worst episodes (like Non Compete Clause and Yakity Sax) out of the way first and saving all the best stuff for last.

Another thing to know is that anything we don't see in one season can always be moved to the next, especially for the fact that there's a 26-episode restriction per season, and most often times, the best episodes take the longest to make, just like box office successes. For example, Fluttershy's brother, who was unveiled at SDCC 2015, didn't appear until Season 6.

So even though Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie didn't get any main roles in School of Friendship episodes or anything focusing on just themselves together this year, and knowing for the fact that many fans think Fluttershy always has the best episodes, as long as the writers are taking more time and saving the best for last, perhaps by then, these two will finally get something for sure by the final season.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Starlightglimmer15 said:

I would like to see starlight pinkie pie and fluttershy all have 4 Episodes next season.

Uh... maybe not THAT much, until after we know what we've seen in all of Season 8.

Remember, it's best to think quality over quantity at this time.

Edited by FirePuppy

37 minutes ago, Starlightglimmer15 said:

I would like to see starlight pinkie pie and fluttershy all have 4 Episodes next season.

That's a lot. For the final season, each of the main cast needs a decent amount of episodes to finish off their story arcs! 

4 minutes ago, Starlightglimmer15 said:

Starlight  4 +Starlight and spike episode 

pinkie pie 4

Fluttershy 4 

Cmcs 3 

Twilght 3 

Rainbow 2

Rairty 2

AJ 2 

thats not a lot if you ask me 

4 for Spike is generous! But still we have the Student 6 now! And maybe a princess episode and a Discord episode!

1 hour ago, Starlightglimmer15 said:

Starlight  4 +Starlight and spike episode 

pinkie pie 4

Fluttershy 4 

Cmcs 3 

Twilght 3 

Rainbow 2

Rairty 2

AJ 2 

thats not a lot if you ask me 

2 hours ago, Starlightglimmer15 said:

How would you guys rank the mane 7 from best to worst here’s mine 

1. Starlight glimmer-best pony

2. Pinkie pie- 2nd best pony

3. Fluttershy 

4.  Twilight sparkle 

5. Rainbow dash 

6.  Rarity 

7. Applejack

I find an amusing correllation of your fav pony preference vs the amount of episodes they should have :twi:

Ideally I'd love to see enough of each pony really. Sure you could have 3 per each + 2 for Spike for example and 1 random to put in there, like CMC, but truth is you could always used duo starring. Like, just as an example not my actual wish, Look Before You Sleep, which was an entertaining AJ/Rares episode in my eyes. You could always do so for Pinkie+Flutters or whatever combination really.

But back to topic at hand, I'm not really sure. If the above was true, about keeping best for last I would have expected them to do so earlier. I did not have a chance to watch the latest season yet at all, but haven't they released some good episodes either way already? Plus, isn't it subjective to say which episode is best in one's eyes?

What no  not  4 one for spike but it’s a starlight and spike episode but the episode will  focus more on starlight than spike and starlight will have more lines and diagloue In this episode than spike this means I I dont want spike to have his own episodes just an episode with starlight and then he’s finished. Hey your lucky that I’m giving him any episodes at all. After all he still hasn’t had a season yet where he gets no episodes to himself so I’m thinking this would  be the season.

Oooh I didn't know you were in charge of the show! Didn't know your word was final for them! :P

The thing about Spike compared to other main characters is that his arc isn't finished yet! I mean even after he finds his origins, he still needs to find his purpose! It says in his character description! He's gonna need at least 3 episodes to finish all that! Pinkie and Flutters, what do they have left in their story arc? I agree with @FirePuppy to the respect that Pinkie and Flutters do indeed need an episode together, and do need a fair amount of episodes! 4... I don't think ANYONE's gonna get 4 next season if every character is gonna get an even amount of stuff! Pinkie had 4 episodes in seasons 5 and 7, and Flutters had 4 episodes in season 1!

Yunno what season 9 needs? No fooling around episodes! No episodes like Yakity-Sax or Fake It! I want this season to go off with a BANG! And if Pinkie and Flutters are gonna get episodes (Starlight too), what they need is episodes that put the finishing touches to their story arcs! No need to force them to get 4 episodes if 2 of them are gonna be just foolin' around episodes!

24 minutes ago, Starlightglimmer15 said:

Spikes story will be finished in fathers knows best unless the dragon is not his real dad what else do we need with spike were gonna see his family in the end of the season he has wings now he is a ambassador to the dragons what else can you do with him except having a starlight and spike episode. And I don’t recall Fluttershy ever having 4 episodes in a season which is what she needs to make up for the lack of appearances as far as I know she only had 3 episodes A bird in a hoof, Green isint your color, Stare master Dragonshy and swarm of the century focus on all the mane 6. Any yeah you might be right about pinkie having 4 episodes but the reason i chose 4 for her is because she hardly has any combo episodes with the mane 6 except for Rainbow rarity and Aj. All 4 of those episodes I would like to be combo episodes. As far as starlight goes I only choose 4 for her because she’s best pony and dosent get enough appearances equal to the mane 6 and spike. Plus there’s still so much you can do with her plus spike stole season 3 from rarity so I thinks it’s fair if he has a season where he gets no episodes hey it’s fair right Rarity didn’t get any episodes in season 3 speaking of rarity I also like to say that one of the rarity episodes is the episode where spike gets over his crush on rarity but it’s more of a rarity episode and I know I’m not in charge of the show I’m just saying  how many episode  I want each mane character to get next season.

The discord episode would also be a  fluttershy episode   And I don’t think we’re gonna see the student 6 next season I think the school of friendship is just for this season looking at the finale. The princess episode would be a Twilight episode also.

Not so fast! The intro for Season 8 is locked in permanently, and as a result, the School of Friendship is also a permanent thing.

• Brohoof 2

But we don’t know that for sure that’s the problem.

Just because the Student Six is the main focus of the finale does not mean they automatically graduate right away. They still have a lot to learn.

• Brohoof 2

Spikes story will be finished in fathers knows best unless the dragon is not his real dad what else do we need with spike were gonna see his family in the end of the season he has wings now he is a ambassador to the dragons what else can you do with him except having a starlight and spike episode. And I don’t recall Fluttershy ever having 4 episodes in a season which is what she needs to make up for the lack of appearances as far as I know she only had 3 episodes A bird in a hoof, Green isint your color, Stare master Dragonshy and swarm of the century focus on all the mane 6. Any yeah you might be right about pinkie having 4 episodes but the reason i chose 4 for her is because she hardly has any combo episodes with the mane 6 except for Rainbow rarity and Aj. All 4 of those episodes I would like to be combo episodes. As far as starlight goes I only choose 4 for her because she’s best pony and dosent get enough appearances equal to the mane 6 and spike. Plus there’s still so much you can do with her plus spike stole season 3 from rarity so I thinks it’s fair if he has a season where he gets no episodes hey it’s fair right Rarity didn’t get any episodes in season 3 speaking of rarity I also like to say that one of the rarity episodes is the episode where spike gets over his crush on rarity but it’s more of a rarity episode and I know I’m not in charge of the show I’m just saying  how many episode  I want each mane character to get next season.

The discord episode would also be a  fluttershy episode   And I don’t think we’re gonna see the student 6 next season I think the school of friendship is just for this season looking at the finale. The princess episode would be a Twilight episode also.

Dude, Rarity made up for all those episodes she lacked! Spike lacked 5 and 7, and Rarity just lacked 3! What's more unfair? 

I'm trying to make it equal for all characters and you're trying to cheat out my favorite character again for a 3rd season by thinking your way is fact! If you want that I won't stop you, but you keep trying to tell me otherwise is starting to become harassment! So please, if you wanna reply to me directly, tell me something different, please?

Oh sweet Celestia!

Nobody here, I repeat nobody, has the power or influence to change anything on the show. I can sit there and say I want five more Rarity episodes per season, and that certainly isn't going to change anything. Nobody is depriving anyone of anything by suggesting they want to see x, y, or z. 

• Brohoof 5

2 minutes ago, Starlightglimmer15 said:

Do you mean solo episodes or combo episodes or both.

Fans can't deprive other fans of any character and any episode type. 

10 minutes ago, Starlightglimmer15 said:

I guess your right it’s just the clip shows chancellor neighsay trying to shut down Twilght school so what’s gonna happen we don’t know yet.

But if rarity were to get 5 episodes every season would you want more combo or solos for her.

The point is we can want something but only the staff can make the choice, brah!

11 minutes ago, Starlightglimmer15 said:

But if rarity were to get 5 episodes every season would you want more combo or solos for her.

I don't want any character to have any set number of episodes. I love many of the characters and just want good stories with cute animation and the occasional song and heartwarming episode. Whatever characters the writers use to hit those .... fine by me. 

3 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

The point is we can want something but only the staff can make the choice, brah!

Still, I hope they're saving the best episodes for last. The most recent awful episodes are driving me crazy.

• Brohoof 1

16 minutes ago, Jeric said:

I don't want any character to have any set number of episodes. I love many of the characters and just want good stories with cute animation and the occasional song and heartwarming episode. Whatever characters the writers use to hit those .... fine by me. 

Same here.

Something to add: Even at their "worst" or "most forgettable" I always find something in every episode no matter how small that made me glad I saw the episode. Honestly, I care how many episodes each characters as long as there was something interesting in each episode. Even if the episode mostly stinks.

19 minutes ago, Starlightglimmer15 said:

But what if we got an episode without any ponies would you still be okay with it

If the story was good, yes. 

17 minutes ago, Starlightglimmer15 said:

But what if we got an episode without any ponies would you still be okay with it

What is the big deal with having an episode that doesn't focus on ponies for once exactly?

• Brohoof 2

Could be? You mean "definitely". ;) Don't forget that this is the same creative team who never rests on their laurels with a season finale that always offers something new and series-changing to the show regardless of your opinion on the finale. Twilight's Kingdom was only in the middle of the series. Especially with the talk of Tirek returning, how can one not be excited for the finale of this season, let alone the finale of the series? 

5 minutes ago, Starlightglimmer15 said:

What I mean is no pony appears at all not one no pony in the background no pony speaks none at all an episode with no ponies appearing at all and just dragons and hippagriffs  would  that be okay with you.

In one episode from last season, we had Starlight and Trixie as the ONLY ponies in that one, while all the rest were Changelings.

I highly doubt we'll ever get a no-ponies episode because it doesn't fit the show's flagship title.

• Brohoof 1

I agree with your idea that they could be saving the best for last. I like to maintain a positive attitude regarding future seasons that I have not seen regardless of the quality of preceding ones.

However, I disagree with your suggestion that they are getting the worst episodes out of the way. They should be striving to do their best each episode, and if an episode does seem to be bad, they should not make it. The episodes "Non Complete Clause" and "Yakity Sax" were not meant to be the worst, it just happened that way.

3 hours ago, EpicEnergy said:

I agree with your idea that they could be saving the best for last. I like to maintain a positive attitude regarding future seasons that I have not seen regardless of the quality of preceding ones.

However, I disagree with your suggestion that they are getting the worst episodes out of the way. They should be striving to do their best each episode, and if an episode does seem to be bad, they should not make it. The episodes "Non Complete Clause" and "Yakity Sax" were not meant to be the worst, it just happened that way.

Oh man... but I still do not want more Rarity or Rainbow Dash episodes than others in Season 9. They made up for Spike in Season 8 after Season 7; they should do that too for characters like Fluttershy and Pinkie in Season 9 as well either way.