Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Bookhorse | A Minigame for the Twilight Day

Rikifive

23 minutes ago, SparklingSwirls said:

Aww Riki this is adorable! yay Twilight's neck is going to be a little sore after all that :P 

Aww thank you! :catface:

Hah, so maybe that's good she can't do full circles as @TheTaZe preferred. :laugh:

34 minutes ago, Floppy Snow said:

Oooh, there's even little sparks that fall on the floor when Twilie is shooting! :pinkie:

Great job on this game! Love the little details and the Dashie! :ph3ar:

I also always appreciate the little details. :P I planned to add these details in many many things, but I ran out of time, due to deadline, which was this Twilight Day here. :twi: 

Dashie is my favorite. :laugh:

31 minutes ago, Rixton said:

Works under Wine well. Good job!!! :twi:

Oh I recall you mentioned having os different than Windows and if I recall correctly, Ubuntu/Linux releases would not help, right?

Then I'm limited by licences I don't own, sorry.

But that's good to hear you managed to get it to work. :)

• Brohoof 3

(edited)
9 hours ago, Nye said:

I just don't know how to make it let me bypass Defender. Be sure to drop the .rar file when you get home! :twi:

I got back home and tried that myself. Indeed running that .exe file triggers the Defender. If I'll run it after creation, it's fine, but if I'll upload, then download it, the Defender doesn't recognize it anymore. It doesn't say, that the file has viruses, it just tells, that it can't recognize it and asks if you are sure about the file (probably due to being randomly downloaded from the forums).

And yup, you should be able to "Run it anyway" after clicking "more information". It works normally afterwards.

Spoiler

Kxut6Qt.png

XsmurOF.png

I think me not providing enough information may be what makes it look suspicious.

Spoiler

SyURAef.png
(~it stands for "Unknown publisher" or something along these lines.)

Just to be sure, I scanned it with the Defender and it didn't find anything wrong in the .exe installation file, nor in the game folder after installation.

Oh, I surely made it all look appealing. :rarity:

Either way, forget about that. :derp: 

As promised, I have added the compressed .rar file to the download section. It doesn't require any installation, just extract and play. :) I tried that myself and I didn't bump into any troubles, hopefully everything will work fine for you this time. :P 

If you'll have any troubles working with .rar files, feel free to notify me, I'll help. :fluttershy: (just saying, because I saw some members not being aware of .rar files)

And yet another time, sorry for the inconvenience. :rarity: 

WtvmtpT.png
Oopsies I double posted.

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 2

20 minutes ago, Starlightglimmer15 said:

I love this game it’s fits perfectly for Twilght sparkle day.

I'm really happy to hear that! :yay: Thank you very much! :) 

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Rikifive said:

Why I have mentioned you is the fact, that Rainbow Dash here plays a role of "Sanic" - the Sonic meme. So it basically is a meme-crossover of Rainbow and Sonic. :laugh:

It made me think of you, because you like both of them in particular. :P

OOHHH! I'M PLAYING IT RIGHT NOW! !

Oh and, thanks!

3 minutes ago, Sondash Studios said:

OOHHH! I'M PLAYING IT RIGHT NOW! !

Oh and, thanks!

Hah, have fun then! :yay:

:) 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Totally Totally said:

@Rikifive Why'd you make this so awesome? I gotta get to bed sometime within the next few hours but I can't stop. xD

(is this a good score?)

It could have been awesome if I had more time. I'm laughing when just thinking about possibilities. :laugh: Nobody shall sleep. :D

Not bad! It's average I'd say. ;) 

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Rikifive said:

Oh I recall you mentioned having os different than Windows and if I recall correctly, Ubuntu/Linux releases would not help, right?

Then I'm limited by licences I don't own, sorry.

But that's good to hear you managed to get it to work. :)

Yes, I generally use Lubuntu/Linux (the small brother of Ubuntu/Linux), there was no trouble installing it under Wine.
Licenses are...licenses, not owning them is an understandable thing, since they are incredibly expensive and often given to you for a limited time.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
19 hours ago, Rixton said:

Yes, I generally use Lubuntu/Linux (the small brother of Ubuntu/Linux), there was no trouble installing it under Wine.
Licenses are...licenses, not owning them is an understandable thing, since they are incredibly expensive and often given to you for a limited time.

There most of the licences are lifetime (exceptions are some for consoles), but each one costs way more than the whole software itself. :P For example, just adding a licence for mobile devices would cost me $399!  :o My current licence allows me to develop for Windows, Ubuntu (Linux) and Mac and I think I'll be fine with that. ^_^

So if you use Linux's small brother, I'm curious if Linux release would work nicely. I haven't tried any other platforms, so I'm kind of curious how that would perform. :P 

Also @Everyone, I have featured "let's plays" in the OP, so if you're not a gamer, but would like to take a look at the game nevertheless, go ahead and watch these! :) 

If anybody would like to have your video featured, just post it here or poke me! ;) 

Edited by Rikifive

2 hours ago, Nye said:

Thank you for this game. I had such a good laugh when I used RD.

Ah happy to hear that! :laugh: Thank you for giving it a try! :) 

• Brohoof 1

• The topic was unfeatured

Wow...you should probably warn viewers that profanity is a lot more socially acceptable in some of the countries where these Let's Plays come from than in others!

Just tried it, filmed a Let's Play of it, and sent you a PM with a link to my Let's Play.  It was surprisingly challenging!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Oh you mean that one let's play I've put in the OP? Yeah, I was worried when I heard these friendly words. :derp: I was thinking about putting a warning, but didn't add any in the end for some reason. Either way, I added it now, is it good enough?

Okie dokie! I've added your LP to featured videos. :yay: I know the game lacks of many, many, many things, but you know... the deadline. :adorkable: I'm not really proud of its current state, but hey, at least it works! ^_^My main goal was to make it playable and post before the deadline, which was that Twi's Day. :P Either way, thank you for giving it a try! I really appreciate that! :) 

Edited by Rikifive

• 9 months later...

uxEs5BI.png

jk jk

Truth be told, I'm not really proud of the quality the game has, but I guess that's acceptable, considering the amount of time I had to make it. :twi: Thank you Lyra! Glad to hear you had some fun with it. :D 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...