The Golden Oaks Library

Twilight Sparkle

6 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

The Golden Oak Library sounds awesome! :squee:

I'm excited to see what it will be like in the future. :D

Me too! Subscribed! :) 

• Brohoof 2

11 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

I'm admittedly considering trying this out. More deer representation never hurts~

Yeah, as part of a misunderstood minority (bronies), representation is rather... deer to us all.

Anyway, I hope to take part in this, even though I may not necessarily catch live sessions (if there are any) due to timezones.

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, bornAgainEquestrian said:

Wow, Princess Twilight, how much magic did it take to put this back together?

Using much unknown, unsafe, even dark magic from outside of Equestria mixed with the time lord paradoxon technology, now the good old library is back, I hope we don't have to worry about that the space-time continuum is damaged.

By the way, this was a good idea to create this corner!

15 hours ago, Quinch said:

Actually, here's a different question - do they have to be live readings?

That is the idea behind it. We have been looking at ways to record those live readings, but for now, unless the reader has the recording software themselves, then live over Discord is the only format to hand.

9 hours ago, Quinch said:

That does raise a question - what would be the proper etiquette if one feels like reading out a story of their own?

Well, it's mentioned in the rules that we may discourage Readers reading their own literature if it becomes a problem, but it isn't a hard and fast rule. Prior to this in MLPF, I used to help out with a very similar event and two of the readers were notorious about ignoring their recommended readings for their own stories. Suffice to say, they were terrific readers but poor writers and we ended up losing a lot of viewership over it. For now, it -should- be fine. But we'll have to constantly evaluate as these get more popular.

2 hours ago, Sunset Rose said:

Well, it's mentioned in the rules that we may discourage Readers reading their own literature if it becomes a problem, but it isn't a hard and fast rule. Prior to this in MLPF, I used to help out with a very similar event and two of the readers were notorious about ignoring their recommended readings for their own stories. Suffice to say, they were terrific readers but poor writers and we ended up losing a lot of viewership over it. For now, it -should- be fine. But we'll have to constantly evaluate as these get more popular. 

Yeah, that definitely sounds like a possible issue. One way that might be helped would be to have the story vetted by a moderator beforehand, but I have a vague suspicion that might have been tried originally as well?

On 8/8/2018 at 2:58 AM, Feather Spiral said:

even though I may not necessarily catch live sessions (if there are any) due to timezones.

I have a feeling there will be someone for every timezone. We have users all around the world... and some like me that sleep in the day and stay up all night.

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, BlueBook said:

If only my fanfics were decent and not written over 3 years ago so they kinda suck

Heh, mine was... holy crap, seven years almost on the dot.

• The topic was unfeatured
  • The topic was unpinned