Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does/did anyone you know serve in the military?

CandyCorn

Both of my parents were in the air force, my brother was in the navy and served in Iraq for a few months.  My grandfather on my mother's side served in the army and so did his father and his father.  A couple of cousins on my father's side also serve or have served in the military.  A couple of people were disappointed that I didn't enlist too but I'm kinda glad that I never did.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

One of my cousins will be entering the military after high school (well, after basic, of course). He wants to join the US Marines in infantry. His mother is against the decision. She really doesn’t want him to go. I don’t either...

My mother served in the Air Force when I was little. She retired early due to getting sick.

I don't exactly know my father since he left when I was about four, but he served in the Air Force as well before getting kicked out for getting fat.

My former elderly neighbor was in the military, but I don't know what branch.

2 hours ago, Rainbow Dash Swag said:

My uncle and my stepdad served in the army I’m thinking about joining the military too

If there is any advice I can give you, it’s to either go to college first, or join an academy and start out as an officer. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
1 minute ago, Stardust* said:

If there is any advice I can give you, it’s to either go to college first, or join an academy and start out as an officer. 

I’ve done some JROTC in high school so I believe I would start out higher up 

thanks for the advice 

Edited by Rainbow Dash Swag
  • Brohoof 1

Both my grandpa and my brother were former Navy, though the latter got medically discharged before his first year was up. My brothers friends are former marines and airforce. My aunt was in the army and my uncle is active air force. 

Sorta related. Since my grandpa was Navy, my dad would go to the naval hospital whenever he got himself hurt. 

Though this happened so frequently that the staff there would know my dad and grandma by name whenever they walked in.