Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open A New Kingdom

Jedishy

As Granite continued to plant flowers, he felt a sense of relief through his work. However, his relief only masked the slight anxiety he felt after that mare had questioned him. Normally, this wouldn’t bother him too much, but Thorns kept bringing her up almost as if she were plotting world domination.

Go home. Forget your garden. Focus on releasing pain. Don’t let her see again.

Granite didn’t reply this time. He knew it wasn’t always good for him to be talking to a figure such as Thorns so much. Still, he couldn’t ignore the possibility of the mare learning of his condition. It wasn’t her knowing he had health problems being the issue, it was having to deal with Thorns learning about another pony. Thorns likes to turn ponies Granite has connections with against him when he’s not simply putting Granite down.

“Ugh, Thorns, you’re making a huge deal out of nothing! Somepony thought I was acting a little funny, and I could see why! Even I think I look crazy talking to you!”

Granite scolded Thorns, despite his instincts telling him to just let Thorns be. With an angry grunt, Granite moved over to the next row of dirt and began planting some tulips. He came here to do a job and have fun, not to constantly worry about his health.

• Brohoof 1

This other Princess was far less effective at masking her emotions than her sister was. Caleo could see the ancient prejudices etched all over her features as she attempted to seem civil. The way her eyes looked almost bemusedly at his attire, wordlessly questioning why a dragon such as himself would even need 'civilized' clothing almost made his blood boil. It was just like a pony to only see scale deep and write off someone as 'just a dragon.' It was that stigma that he fought against every day of his life no matter where he was. He almost said something he would have regretted, but his charge had other ideas in mind.

"How does your hair do that?" Kapi said in awe as he looked at the two sisters, his feline eyes wide with wonder as he looked back and forth between the two. If someone had said he was just a kitten probably no one would have batted an eye. However he was just infatuated with the moment. He had never seen so much concentrated magic before, and it made their manes flow in such beautiful colors. 

@Loud Opinion

"We'll discuss that on the way. Luna, would you help answer the ambassadors questions while we walk back?" Celestia asked, hinting not so subtly that she wanted to speak with the Dragon more privately. Though Caleo didn't verbally object, he definitely stiffened at the idea of being even a bit further away from his charge in this environment. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Buck Testa

And with Celestia and the stoic dragon leaving the room, Luna was on babysitting duty. Now that she was alone with the other person, she noticed that the more talkative of the intruders was an Abyssinian. Luna had mixed feelings about their country. The place was plagued by all manner of rumor spurred by loquacious citizens. Mostly, the general image was of a land filled with theaves and petty crime. However, those speculations were of little credit. Some stories would paint a picture of their land being one of occult ritual for sea gods. Her business never lead into Abyssinian lands though, so she decided against forming an opinion on them altogether.

However, now that she looked at the ambassador, the innocent act would fit well with the scheming and conniving Abyssinians that her citizens of old were convinced existed. Perhaps she was just being paranoid. A thief going unrecognized wouldn't be the end of the world, so Luna decided to buy into the ambassador's appearance. Still, she wasn't going to fade into the wayside cooped up in one room. 

"Well, let's see about answering all those questions you might have over a tour of the castle," Luna suggested and gave a light chuckle before continuing, "I believe the first one was about my hair?"

Meanwhile, just outside the castle walls where all the silvers were congregating in an over the top display of punctuality, Limbo Dreams started to get restless. The other Silvers were honest ponies. You could tell that their fortunes were all well earned just by the way they talked. Limbo learned that quickly. What took some reading between the lines was how competitive they were toward one another. They would constantly capitalise on one another's mistakes to make themselves look better. To see such traits so uniform across the family was a little strange, but still a far cry from the world Limbo was familiar with growing up. That wasn't what had Limbo Dreams so restless though.That pony she saw earlier was such an effective curiosity. From what Limbo knew about Silver Tongue, he was a patient stallion, not like the rest of his family. Perhaps a little too patient. Perhaps she could put an end to her curiosity by playing on the Silver family's competitiveness.

Limbo shifted her mingling to be more inquisitive, asking about connections to the princess, what it was like in the castle, and finally if they could get her in early. There were some that were silent. They knew she was Silver Tongue's plus one and didn't want to get involved in another of his schemes, but others weren't so knowledgeable. Thankfully, one of those less knowledgeable ponies did have what Limbo was looking for.

"I could get you in if you're really curious. I'll have to stay here though. Don't want to make us Silvers look selfish."

Walking up to the guard at the door, the Silver Limbo was following spoke up. "Excuse me, sir. You see, I'm the owner of Silver Horseshoes Incorporated, and this young lady won my contest for a tour of the castle, but there appears to be an event that's getting in the way. If you don't mind putting her on the tour, I'm sure their's plenty of time for that before the ceremony starts don't you think?"

The guard looked back at the two with a hard expression, silently asking himself why he had to deal with situations like this. How was he supposed to know about some contest a Horseshoe company was holding, and this event was so sudden. The stallion's story was very believable and his shift partner wasn't helping. Besides, a Silver wouldn't lie, would they? Resigned, he opened the door and gestured for Limbo to enter, "This way ma'am."

Edited by Loud Opinion
  • Brohoof 1

Arete and Thanos mingled with the crowd looking for the Princesses to return to start the festivities. Both kept up polite conversation attempting to keep the air of normalcy going while they awaited word from Luna as to her sudden departure. They did not want to cause a scene by leaving the room so they kept friendly conversations flowing and moved from group to group ensuring that the guests were at ease. 

" Thany are you worried about what's going on?  I can feel something old and powerful going on here...can't you? "

" Arey don't worry if something seriously went wrong we would know.No matter the age or power there are four Alicorns in this castle. It would be unwise to cause an issue at such a juncture.... 

Oh, sir please set the tables against the wall. Id like the room to have an open feel so we can all see each other and get to know everypony.

Thanos appeared relaxed and even kept the decorations going smoothly. He wanted an open floor plan to the room so they can talk to the visitors. He was sure that if something was wrong that the power of the Princesses could handel it and if the siblings had to join in he doubted much would stand against that combined magic. 

• Brohoof 1

Jaded had been sitting in the cemetery near the castle for some time, that was until the sounds of the festivities disturbed her silence. With a slight grumble, she stands onto her hooves and using her magic to pack up her things, placing them into her saddlebags. After saying goodbye to whomsoever she was conversing with, she trots off towards the castle and the sounds and sights of what was going on. 

Despite her appearance, and yes, her name, the aura that could be felt around her was one of calmness, which, in her line of work and her interests, was imperative. She had decided to just mingle with the crowd, even though she seemed to stick out like a sore hoof. She looked around the castle, noticing there were a few well known ponies, dignitaries of sorts, and it would seem that there was excitement over some new ponies in town, Alicorns from a long lost and forgotten kingdom at that.

• Brohoof 1

Cadence became swarmed with ponies at the party, answering questions about the new kingdom she had recently come to rule.  She did her best to answer, noting that she didn't see auntie Tia or Lulu there.  She was the only princess, and the one ponies knew the least about.  She could only hope she was up to the task.  She had hoped to get more information from Thanos during the celebration and his sister, Arete, about their old customs, and traditions, about ways they could work together to help both countries transition to the modern day and help bridge the gap of the time they missed.  Now, that seemed unlikely.  Plus, there was a weight on her mind.  Why weren't her aunts out mingling?  They wouldn't just leave her alone like this unless...unless something didn't go as planned.  But what.  Was there an attack, like in the dreamscape, or was it something less drastic...it could be as simple as they ran out of bread for all she knew.  No matter what, she couldn't let on that something was amiss.  It was her job to keep ever pony happy and content until they came back, "Thank you, Fillies, and Gentle Colts, for attending the celebration.  As you all know by now, I am Princess Cadence, the newest ruler to the Crystal Empire, which has resurfaced after 1000 moons.  What you may not have heard is that a neighboring country has also resurfaced, having faced the same dreaded fate from King Sombra, and with this neighboring country, I am delighted to introduce two young Alicorns who rule it, "  She pointed her hoof over to the two, "Prince Thanos, and Princess Arete.  I genuinely hope that you help give both of them the same warm welcome you gave me when I was first introduced to you, and show them our best Equestrian hospitality.  Thank you, and please enjoy the festivities!"  She beamed before continuing to answer questions from creatures of all sorts.  It seemed like, for the moment, every pony was happy with that.  She could only hope it would stay that way.

Derpy nearly choked on her food when Luna had asked about the Doctor.  It was one thing to talk to Thanos about it, but Princess Luna?!  How could she try to tell Princess Luna of all ponies about the TARDIS?!  She was extremely thankful that the busy day most likely caused her to forget for the time being.  Before she knew what was going on, she was at the celebration with ponies much, much more important than she would ever be.  In all of the time I've traveled, I have never met a creature who wasn't important.  Derpy remembered the Doctor's words.'But, I'm not saying I'm not important, just that they are far more important than me...I feel out of place, Doctor.  I wish you were here...'  She thought.  Thanos seemed quiet for a bit until Arete came over, asking about something that felt old and powerful.  "Is everything okay?"  she asked, worried about the way Arete said that.

• Brohoof 1

@Loud Opinion

Kapi was enthralled by the sights and sounds around him as he walked with Luna during the tour. Well, walked isn't exactly the right word for it. The feline was positively leaping and climbing all over every conceivable thing while he maintained his conversation with The princess. He was just so excited by the new scenery around him, so much different than what he had at home. He could practically smell the magic in the air. There was something about Equestria that made it just feel like something he would have read in a story book as a kitten. His body felt almost lighter there with how clear the air was too. His homeland was steeped in industry, and they were plagued with a smog that would simply choke out this wonderful pure air. 

"Ponies are some of the most magical creatures on the planet." Kapi said as he casually hung upside down from his nimble tail that was wrapped around a pillar, making him seem more monkey like than feline "They're so full of it that they can do amazing things one would only think possible with ancient magical devices or a team of skilled magus's. Your Mane is a great example of this! You're so filled with magical power that your mane simply behaves different rules than ours do. I heard that it looks light blue and shorter when you're out of energy correct?" 

He launched himself into the air, performing several rather impressive flips before alighting onto the ground next to her without a sound to speak of, it was almost like he had instantly slowed his decent before touching down, making his landing so soft that his knees didn't even buckle, not skipping a beat as he kept walking beside the princess. 

"I know it must seem mundane to you, but to me it is like stepping into a magical Story book! Oooh I'm so happy I got to come here." He seemed quite genuine about that sentiment too. 

-------------

"...When did you take the Dragon egg." 

Celestia's jaw clenched at the question. She had known it was coming the second he had arrived using her connection with Twilight's number one assistant. This was going to take some explaining. 

• Brohoof 1

The best way to describe Luna's time her ambassador friend was refreshing. She didn't have to worry about celebratory preparations or conspiratorial plots. Just keeping the easily impressed ambassador busy was all she had to worry about for now. "Youthful eye's, filled with wonder, are never mundane to me... Pardon," Luna interrupted herself in realization, "I don't think I caught your name yet. I am Luna, princess of the night."

Limbo was locked into her decision. The whole time, she would get sporadic blips of that harsh tone through her horn at varying intensities, projecting the location of that gardener. She could have found the gardener in a matter of minutes, but the tour meant that she would be observed and guided by a royal guard the whole time. That changed though when she saw a spry feline next to a blue alicorn she didn't quite recognize. As if on queue, the alicorn announced herself as the princess of the night. It looked to her like the two parties were going to intersect. With more than herself on the tour, perhaps there was hope that she could slip away, and if the princess was introducing herself like that, that could mean that the feline could also be on a tour.

Meanwhile, the show was about to begin with Luna and Celestia off on other business. It was now that the Gold family poured out of the train station. If they were not swift, they might just be late; so Gold Dust flew ahead in an effort to avoid being crowded. As he flew toward the castle though, He noticed his cursed ring starting to lose some power. Just as he was flying over a cemetery, his wing strength gave way, and he landed harshly on hollow earth. His ring was losing its strength, and intern, he was losing his flight. To make matters worse, the Midas touch the ring suppressed was returning as the air around his right forehoof condensed into a fine golden powder that would shed from his hoof as he trotted out of the cemetery.

Silver Tongue was having trouble as well. Limbo had found a way inside the castle. Silver Tongue didn't have a problem with that. Ponies needed to feel autonomous, and they would both be in the castle eventually. The only problem is that he would need to do some searching to find her again, and that would take time that could prove invaluable. If she was successful in finding that other piece of the puzzle though...

• Brohoof 1

@Loud Opinion

Jaded, feeling bored and wanting out of the castle, decided to leave and explore around the outside some more. As she was exploring, she could hear a soft voice, that sounded as if though it was calling to her. She shrugs, it was probably a lost or bored spirit and wanted to chat with her. Jaded then decided to go back to the cemetery. She finds her usual spot and sits down, closing her eyes and entering into what could be called a meditative trance. As she meditates, she sits and waits, waiting for whatever spirit wanted to speak with her. She sighs "Too noisy still?" she thinks to herself just as the voice of her guide Salvador sounds through her mind Aah, young Jaded, so young and yet so tired of life already? Is it really your to leave this plane of existence? he asks "Salvador, no, I just..wait, you usually call to me near cemeteries, I only come here because it's usually peaceful"

• Brohoof 1

@Scarlet Rose,

Gold Dust was about to leave the cemetery when he heard a voice. He turned his head when he saw a mare talking to herself while looking above a grave at nothing.

Against his better judgment, Gold Dust trotted up to the mare with heavy steps. Gold Dust paid no mind to the hollow earth and tapped the mare's shoulder "Ma'am, are you alright?"

As soon as Gold Dust's hoof left her shoulder he winced at the realization that he used the wrong hoof, watching as a few fur follicles, freshly transformed by Gold Dust's 'birthright', noticeably shinned in the fleeting sunlight. It was a painful reminder that the curse wasn't the only thing keeping that ring on his hoof. Even if he could be rid of the ring, would he even want to? What kind of life is one where your very touch would threaten someone's life? To forever be forced to keep one hoof tied behind his back his whole life is not a fate Gold Dust is eager to meet. If the trend of his ring losing its power kept up, he would need to see Silver Tongue no matter how lowly he thought of the unicorn.

@Loud Opinion

Jaded blinks a moment before fully opening her eyes and seeing the stallion before her. "Oh, oh yes i am fine thank you" she says, "I was just conversing with my spirit guide" she says, standing on her four hooves again "I was curious about the festivities going on at the castle, but it was a little too loud and noisy for me, not to mention boring" she says, seemingly brushing something off of her shoulder and smiles a little at him "I don't believe I got your name, mine is Jaded Requiem" she says, extending a hoof for him to shake. 

Meanwhile, in her mind, Salvador kept watch, he was silent, for sure, but he kept watch none the less, until he finally speaks up So, my little filly is finally making friend then? he asks in her mind Try not to scare this one away, as much as I love keeping you company, you really ought to make friends with some living beings. He says, making her shudder just a little.

@Scarlet Rose,

A spirit guide? Gold Dust had never heard of such a thing. Gold's first conclusion would usually be dark magic, but she said it so casually that insanity was more likely. Still though, if there were a time and place to be so casual about dark magic, a cemetery where the only other person around isn't a unicorn, this would be that time and place.

Gold wasn't certain but it was probably worth asking about. Maybe, if he played his cards right, he could avoid talking with Silver Tongue altogether. Worst case scenario, Gold concluded, he will have insulted a stranger. Best not to mention it now though. Probably best to save that for if they become friends. Helping one another was what friends did, not strangers, was the principle Gold decided to operate on.

Gold Dust was a little confused by how Jaded Requiem's description of the event. Silvers would never be late, and their presence tends to quiet the tone. There was the possibility that she had mistaken the festivities for the busy preparation rush of such a short notice event. The staff rarely have a uniform, Gold Dust had noticed in his few occasions of seeing a royal event set up, and they gossip enough to easily be mistaken for guests. Still, it wouldn't hurt to ask. Gold Dust was careful to use the correct hoof in shaking the one Requiem provided before responding.

"Are you sure we are thinking of the same party?" Gold Dust asked jovially and lifted his ringed hoof inquisitively, sparse gold mist still shedding --ever so slightly-- from some unseen source as he continued, "I've been told the Silver family were attending, and let me tell you: if you want some subtle intrigue, hang out with a Silver. They have to be the most vindictive, subtle ponies I've ever met. They're eager, but I wouldn't call them loud. At least, not in the way that makes a lot of background noise". As Gold Dust continued though, the gold shedding didn't stop, as if he were sweating it from the bottom of his one hoof. This was the air touching his hoof being transformed but one couldn't be faulted for assuming he was generating it himself.

Regardless, Gold Dust was in his grove now. Talking about his sister family was something he felt like a bit of an authority on. The Gold and Silver families were always competitors and that didn't allow too many friendly relations between the two families. Most of the Gold family was indifferent to the Silver family with its comfortable competitive lead. Gold Dust had always been fascinated by the Silver family though. Their motives weren't as simple as capital. Silvers seemed to operate more like a brotherhood than a financial venture. Aggressive business and political moves against Silvers were treated as an assault on all Silvers, sometimes even on the very idea of being a Silver. It was infinitely more interesting to Gold Dust than the other high society families. Gold would have to be swift if he was going to show this mare that before the famously oblivious Golds bring the tone back to the noisiness that is typical of events hosted on short notice.

"This event's a little exclusive, but if you come with me then I can show you what I mean."

@Loud Opinion

Jaded looked at him and then blinks, "Oh right, I guess not many ponies know what I talk about" she says, listening in on what he was talking about, she had heard the name of the Silver family "Oh I know all about that family" she chuckles as she looks around "You see..I have a unique ability to...see into the Spiritual Realm and talk with the Spirits that haven't quite passed on yet. I am a..Spiritualist, and my work, other than my store, is seances" she chuckles and shakes her head "And most of my clients are..the wealthy upperclass ponies of Equestria, anyway, you wanted to show me what you mean, lead on then" she smiles at him before closing her eyes briefly to bid farewell to Salvador and then begun to follow him. "I mean, I heard that there were these new..ponies from a new kingdom were arriving, that's all I know of this party"

Arete and Thanos mingled continued to engage the crowd hoping that Luna and the others would show up soon. They did not want to cause a disturbance so they kept up their smiles and their well-wishing. But tensions within them grew as the last time powerful Alicorns vanished as old magic appeared they lost their entire lives as they knew them. Suddenly with a gasp Arete disappeared in a shimmer. She had forgotten the gifts for the sisters. 

" No nothing is wrong Derpy. The princesses had to take care of something and I am sure it is all fine. We are just a bit stressed with everything being so new and all the responsibilities coming up at once. "

Thanos hated not being totally honest with her to the point of it hurting. But he did not want to worry anypony needlessly. He was sure it was just the siblings' nerves being frayed that lead to the feelings of dread. With another shimmer, Arete appears holding two small beautifully wrapped packages. 

" Sorry, Thany I almost forgot the gifts! I can't believe slipped so much... "

The stress was clear in her voice the young alicorn was starting to crack for the first time since waking. These events were too like what lead to the loss of their parents for her. Thanos put a steadying hoof on her and spoke firmly while letting a bit of icey wind cool the tensions within her. 

" Breath little sister it will all be ok. And if its not I will reap souls from one end of Equestria to the other and fore it to be

Derpy bit her lip in frustration.   Anger boiled through her.  That look.  She inew that look!  How many times had she seen that look so many times hefore.  It was the look the Doctor gave her when he was hiding something.  She wanted to confront him right then and there.  She wanted to let him know that she knew better.  She couldn't.  Not here.  She breathed.  Maybe ue couldn't explain now.  There were a lot of other ponies.  She would demand an answer as soon as they weren't around so many ponies.  For the moment, she let it go.  Arete seemed the most anxious.  "Is there anything I can do to help?" It was a question to both show she knew better as well as try to help her friends.

Princess Cadence bowed, talking with ponies.  Most wanted to know about the two kingdoms that came out of nowhere.  Ponies were interested in the past of the Crystal Enpire.  One dignitary came up, "Why is it that we have never heard of these hations before now?  There are no books of them."  Cadence froze.  Hadn't Twilight said the same thing?  There was very little about the Crystal Empire known, and even littler outside of its borders.  "Perhaps, Sombra refused to share information during his reign?" It was a guess.  Other dignitaries seemed at least acceptung of the idea.  One kept a skeptical gaze as she bowed, "Pardon me.  Have to check on our guests of honor."  She moved back away from the onslaught, checking on Sombra and Arete.  In all hinesty, it was Arete's face that bothered her, "Are you not feeling well?" She asked.  Sweet, Celestia, she hoped not.  If she had to do this all by herself with no answers to the questions posed to her, she might loose it.  

• Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare,( @Buck Testa)

Limbo Dreams had just about run out of time. If a princess got involved in the tour she'd never get a chance to talk to the gardener about Silver Tongue's plan. Maybe, just maybe, her horns weren't just receivers. If that was true she could project a small amount of whatever has been building up in her head since this morning, since her walk through the dream world with Silver Tongue, maybe she could distract the guard enough to slip away.

Figuring that there couldn't be too much harm in trying, she started by trying to focus on her horns and clearing the way for the pressure in her head to move into her horns. Her horns, instead of glowing like a unicorn, hummed deeply. By the time the guard noticed though, Limbo had lost control of the pressure now in her horns. With a rumble, the guard next to her was enveloped by a heavy detachment from his surroundings. Dissily, the guard slumped to the ground in a clatter of pony and armor on polished stone.

Limbo Dreams was surprised, but then again, she didn't know what exactly she was expecting. Deciding to take what she got, Limbo darted to the direction of the last signal projected from the gardener.

Once she got to the garden Limbo took a moment to catch her breath, walked up to Granite and tapped his shoulder.

@Scarlet Rose,

Gold Dust meanwhile was busy leading the way for his new plus one. Gold Dust was half convinced that Jaded was delusional. Speaking with the dead without dark magic was something Gold Dust firmly believed was impossible. Maybe she was just really good at hiding her dark magic, or maybe she wasn't playing with a full deck. It was a toss-up. A toss-up that seemed a lot more inviting than having to talk with the bad apple of the Silver family. Even so, there was a charm about Jaded that Gold Dust couldn't deny. There was no reason he shouldn't try to give friendship a chance even without the chance to circumnavigate Silver Tongue.

Which reminded him, "Where are my manners," Gold Dust spoke up, "My name is Gold Dust, black sheep of the Gold family, and, paradoxically enough, spokesperson of said family".

Of course, Gold Dust hadn't actually read the invitation, and so didn't know the event was for a new kingdom. He knew it had to be important for both the silver and gold family to get invited and he had figured out when and where it was by asking his father --much to his annoyment.

"Anyway, I don't know too much about this new kingdom either, but even my dad knows that one doesn't ignore a first impression when silvers are involved. A new kingdom is about as big a first impression I can ever hope to see."

Edited by Loud Opinion

@Loud Opinion

Jaded nods "I know that look, you're trying to decide whether I'm insane or using dark magic" she says with a smile "Honestly, I have wondered if I was just insane myself, but then I remember that I wasn't always like this" she chuckles and shakes her head "Some take being bullied in their stride, some run away from it and some, like me, try to hide their feelings behind a mask" she says somewhat sadly, "I am essentially the 'black sheep' of my family as well" she says. then smiles a little at him "and no, I didn't read your mind, just simple facial expression recognition" she giggles a little. 

As they walked, she listened to him some more, but then noticed the pendant around her neck "I wonder..I'm sure this is what.." she closes her eyes and sighs, before turning to Gold, "Hiding? what good does it do? I'd have to come out of it soon enough, right?"

@Scarlet Rose ,

It was beginning to get a little suspicious to Gold Dust how aware she was of his suspicions toward her, but the fact that she said she wasn't reading minds means this wasn't the first time someone's been suspicious of her perceptiveness. Maybe she was just that perceptive, or maybe... "That's just what a mindreader would say," Gold Dust chimed in before listening on.

At the sound of Jaded mumbling behind him, Gold Dust turned to meet Jaded's gaze and hearing her go on about hiding and its futility. Gold Dust had a feeling that this was leading somewhere he didn't like. He had seen this kind of ominous introspection once before from Silver Tongue. That coupled with her perception made her seem a lot more like Silver Tongue than he first realized, and once bitten twice shy. What kind of pony would he be though, if he bailed on ponies just for being ominous? With his ring losing strength, his will seemed to return to him. It was like he was rediscovering just how durable he was in more ways than one. 'He couldn't let the past rule him': a sentiment he picked up on in his youth, was now ringing truer than it had in years. With this resolve returning to him, he stopped and asked the question, "Jaded, is there something you'd like to tell me?"

Edited by Loud Opinion

Thanos overheard the conversation with Princess Cadence and strode towards her with his expression blank. The skeptical pony was not face to face with a rather irate Prince who spoke with cool authority. 
" Princess Cadence is everything ok? It seems some ponies do not wish to wait for answers that even we might not have just yet?

He rounded on the pony who seemed to have the greatest issue.

" Or are you implying that Princess Cadance or myself are lying to everypony?

Arete was drawing a breath to respond to Princess Cadance when she overheard her brother. She sighed and decided to let him work off some steam. Nopony was going to respect them if they allowed some dignitary to speak to royalty as these ponies appeared to be doing. 

" Yes, Princess I am ok. It's just with all that is going on its....well it's finally all catching up. My brother let off his stress in doses whereas I did not even realize how badly I was impacted until now. I thought I had settled it all. But with Princess Luna running off and everything it just feels like that terrible night all over again.

Just talking about it seemed to release the pressure some and allowed Arete to regain some of her chipper demeanor 

• Brohoof 1

@Loud Opinion

Jaded just looks at him and then uses her magic to hold up the Planchette that was normally around her neck, but this time, it was being held by her magic aura. "This...this thing is what changed everything for me" she says to him "Without this, I'm just an ordinary pony, I can't see into the spirit realm, or speak to spirits" she says "It lends its..powers to me to allow me to do that.." she says and looks around "But I'm sick of it, sick of the looks I get" she says and sighs, sitting down. "I used it to hide from everypone who made fun of me, who bullied me when I was a filly and at school, but the thing is..something I just realized, due to my time with you, short as it has been so far" she says, "I don't need to hide, not anymore" she says "Plus, I do not want..the darkness that this thing brings to me" she looks at him and sighs. 

She waits for a moment to let it all sink in, "there is just one thing, this thing is what gives me this..appearance, so once I dispose of it, I will look differently" she looks at him "You're the first pony who has given me the time of day in a long while, well one who hasn't wanted anything from me, so I felt I should be honest with you..I'm going to destroy this and stop hiding who I truly am"

Even though Luna and Kapi had a headstart, Celestia and the nobleman Dragon arrived around the same time to the heart of the party. Luna and the feline seemed to have been getting along just fine. Kapi seemed to have shattered Luna's preconceptions about his people, and she seemed to appreciate his wide eyed wonder for everything going on around them. Celestia and Caleo on the other hand seemed rather tense as they walked next to each other. Celestia was visibly shaken by whatever they had been talking about, but only to those who truly knew what her moods were like. To the average pony she looked as unshakable as ever. 

"Trust me Luna, Our lands are much different than what you were talking about! Why that stuff was a thousand years ago! A lot changes with that much time!" Kapi said with a broad smile towards the Princess of the night. He had introduced himself and given his name, and they had had quite the discussion about their two cultures on the way over. @Loud Opinion

@Loud Opinion

Granite had finished planting the last flower and was ready to head over to the ceremony. He began to gather all of his supplies up so he could store them away. He started with his shovel and brushed off the excess dirt before he placed it carefully in his wagon. Next, he took his watering can and shook out the excess water on a few of the flowers before he stored that away as well. Finally, he packed the rest of his things away before he began to strap himself to the wagon. Before he could, however, he felt a hoof tap lightly on his shoulder.

“Huh?” Granite said, startled. It was strange for somepony to be out here besides him unless they were a guard. Maybe this pony had gotten lost? Turning around to face the stranger, Granite’s eyes widened as he realized it was no stranger. It was the silver pony that wouldn’t leave him alone from before. The presence of the pony sent Thorns into a small panic as he urged Granite to get away from her.

Run. Go back. Go home. Open your wounds. Don’t let her see.

Granite Rose inwardly gasped, nervously waiting for the pony to address Thorns. Now that he was present, there was no easy way to avoid the subject.

• Brohoof 1

Cadence felt relieved when Arete said, putting a supportive hoof on her "I can understand how you feel.  Going through all that you have would prove a lot for any pony.  For what it's worth, if you need somepony to talk to, I am more than willing to listen.  We are bound to be neighbors from this time on.  I would like to befriend my neighbors."  She smiled sweetly, hopong to give Arete a friend to lean on.  "At any rate, it seems your brother has that pony handled.  I am a little relieved for the reprieve."  She admitted, staying close by in case he also needed help.

Derpy stayed by Thanos.  He Seemed to turned his attention to a frusterating Dignitary.  The tall unicorn backed down from Thanos.  "Well...that is..."  he started until he was safely around other dignitaries, "I suppose I can understand the case for Princess Cadence.  She was tasked to go to this Empire.  Did you even know what you might be faced with?"

Cadence realized the question was directed to her, "Um...well.  Princess Celestia told me about the Empire and the possibility of Sombra still having a hold on the nation in some way.  Shining and I went as soon as possible to protect the ponies."

"And yet, you knew nothing more about these Crystal ponies than that they were ruled by an evil dignitary.  Who can say that the ponies themselves aren't also biding their time to strike other nations.  Not only that, but these two have their own nation come out of the blue, WITHOUT Sombra around it.  How can we be certain that they weren't with Sombra in enslaving ponies?!  We can't.  I, for one, do not plan on giving my trust over to these strangers so easily.  For Celestia's sake!  One of them looks more menacing than Nightmare Moon, and yet we are just supposed to act like they both seem friendly.  Look at how he acts when ponies asked simple questions."

Oh, boy...this might get messy.  Maybe she could fix this.  "Judging based on looks is not how ponies should-"

"HOW DARE YOU!" Derpy interjected before she thought.  "Thanos is an amazing pony.  He's compassionate, and willing to help his fellow ponies.  If any pony should not be trusted, it would be a pony that would so easily mistrust others before knowing them!"

Oh, no....

"I'm sorry, but I have never heard of a Pegasus ruler with....your eye condition.  Which nation do you hail from?"

"Right here.  I'm Thanos' plus one."

The tall unicorn laughed, "So, let me get this straight, a simple, Pegasus, with no authority at all, thinks she can speak to Dignitaries in such a fashion?!  My, Princesses Celestia and Luna have had a lax reign."  he looked to some others, "My son, Prince Blueblood had told me that the Gala had riff raff in it.  That should have been my first clue.  I can't help but wonder why this lax reign started.  She used to be more stricked.  She certainly wouldn't have alout a simple Pegasus with no royal title to be a plus two even twenty years ago.  Was it the happiness of having her sister saved by some common ponies, or, perhaps, it was because she didn't want to draw attention to the fact that a common pony became a princess?!"  HE shot a snide grin to Cadence, unaware that other dignitaries walked slowly away from him.

"Look," Cadence sighed, realizing now who this dignitary was, "I'm certain you are aware that Prince Blue Blood harbored....feelings twords me, and I rejected those feeling.  I can understand your anger about that.  However, my princess ascention has nothing to do with this matter.  What truly matters is thatwe have two cultures that were completely erased before.  We are here to celebrate that amazing fact, not bicker like school ponies."

"It's funny that you of all ponies talk about erasing history.  Rumor has it that you have kept the fact that you were only a simple Pegasus under lock and key.  Perhaps the 'princess of love' doesn't want her own kind taking away her new control."

Cadence bit her lip, far too aware of the crowd around her.  She could not loose her temper.  It was true that she wanted her past hidden, but only because there were too many parts she didn't know herself.  She pictured her tiny village, and the pony who had lead her to her destiny questioned all the time, and knew they would be miserable.  It was for their sakes that she let it go, and, what's more, was she was adopted.  She didn't even know where she was originally from!  She pushed herself harder because of it.  She kept her composure around Twilight because Twilight needed a calm mentor.  The only pony she lost it around was Shining, and he was nowhere to be seen.  Still, she could feel anger and embarrassment with these fact.  How this must look to Arete and Thanos.  "I apologize to our honored guests.  I promise, MOST of our dignitaries are welcoming, kind, and understanding.  Unfrotunately, not every pony is civil, and this one in particular holds a grudge that his son did not marry into royalty."  she bowed to Thanos and Arete, ignoring the disputes of the pony behind her.  Oh, how she wanted to break down.  She was subtly shaking with anger, and sadness, and pain.  This one pony had gotten under her skin.  Still, she maintained as best as she could.  Celestia and Luna were counting on her, and she had to do what she could until they came back.  She couldn't breakdown...not at such a crucial time.

Arete gasped and started to recoil from the situation when she heard the dignitary suggest that they were with King Sombra. But then she looked up and saw her brothers face. She started to surge forward but it was too late. That pony had made a grave mistake and her brother had lost his temper. Ice slowly crept from his hooves and his eyes flared white then black. He snapped his wings open and stalked forward. With each step, he transformed into the avatar of death a bit more. Until he was nose to nose with the offending dignitary in full Reaper visage. 

" You DARE insinuate that I Prince Thanos would work with the pony who cost my parents their lives?! My family gave everything to protect our kingdom and people when Sombra attacked. I have slept for an untold amount of time and woke to find my parents died as a result! Countless ponies gave their lives in my kingdom trying to stop him and you have the gall to make this insinuation! "  

The chill of death was starting to howl around the out of control prince and his royal Canterlot voice boomed across the hall with a chilling whisper to it. Thanos was enraged almost as bad as Arete had seen him when he helped get her to safety. She leaped forward pushing her brother back. Her own magic was flaring around her is a soft violet shimmer. She contained the howling winds and cold as best she could but the clash of hot and cold created the occasional spark of lightning. She spoke softly trying to reign in her brothers' anger. 

" Thanos please calm down he did not know what he was saying. He is an arrogant nopony dont ruin this new beginning by giving into darkness. "

Thanos pushed forward face contorted with rage and hurt. This fool had insulted him, his sister, his first friend, and most dangeriously of all his parents. 

" You dare insult my friends and family and think you can do so with impunity? You say I am intimidating? Well I can give you that a thousand times over you petty little.....

With a mighty shove, Arete backed her brother up a few steps.

" Princess Cadance please help me. My brother is normally so restrained that when somepony pushes his buttons..... Derpy please go get one of the Princesses Luna or Celestia. We need their authority and guidance right now. My brother is not used to such situations and is a bit emotional

The wind slowed and the ice retreated but Thanos stood there glaring and breathing heavily He was fighting the desire to flatten this dignitary where he stood but was torn between that desire and not wanting to end up scaring the crowd. 

@Scarlet Rose,

Gold Dust was taken back. It was like looking in through a mirror. A pony with a trinket to hide away their true self. Gold Dust couldn't help but smile. He knew now wasn't the time, but he couldn't help but find the coincidence humorous.

If there was any doubt in Gold Dust's mind that Jaded was lying about her past, there weren't any now. This pony, to have the expectation of people getting along with her without wanting something from her, well, it was unheard of to Gold Dust. Friendship was all about helping each other out, wasn't it? Gold Dust, in his entire life, had never met a pony that didn't want something from him, but that didn't mean they wouldn't grow to like him as a person. That took the smile off his face. The situation was delicate. Maybe there was some fancy, long term strategy to make telling the truth painless, but his bravery had gotten him this far, so he might as well keep with it.

"There is something I wanted from you though," Gold Dust held up his hoof, "This ring is cursed. I- I'm actually an earth pony with a golden touch. I thought you knew something about curses and could help me if I showed you a good time."

@Buck Testa, @Jedishy, @Janicethelight,

Luna was finally back at the party to see dignitaries all over the room. The event wasn't supposed to have started for another five minutes, yet the new royals were being swarmed with dignitaries. Luna should have expected this. As if dignitaries would just wait their turn for anything. Some things never change, Luna noted as she tried to hide the anger on her face. With only an instant to compose, Luna let out the Canterlot voice, "There will be order in the room!"

When Luna was confident she had gotten the attention of the room, she continued at a softer, yet firm tone, "Please take a seat at the table and abstain from approaching the guests of honor. Becaue you clearly can't be trusted to organize yourselves, we will select you one at a time to speak with our guests. Please refrain from any accusatory or insensitive questions as this is a celebratory occasion. If your questions are so pressing, then you can make the trip to their kingdom yourself."

"With that being said," Luna continued less firmly, "Please welcome the Prince and Princess of seasons Thanos and Arete. Beyond that, please enjoy the confections at your leisure."

After addressing the dignitaries, Luna made her way to Arete and Thanos, "Please forgive my negligence. I had thought a thousand years was enough to teach our dignitaries some respect. You should not have had to deal with this so early in your rule. If you'll excuse me, I have to ask Celestia to start the party early, seeing as some attendants are already here." That wasn't the only thing Luna would talk to Celestia about. What kind of president did her sister think she was setting to have her look after a single creature and not attend such a critical event in her stead?

Before motioning to leave, Luna pointed to Kapi, "This is Kapi. He has kept me in good company and should be a good company for you. Why don't you introduce yourselves and I'll be right back."

Luna was so wrapped up in her thoughts that she never noticed the cold chill in the air or the tension in the room. Perhaps it wasn't the best idea to not sleep last night.

@ExplosionMare,

Limbo Dreams looked at Granite and tried to parse out what she was going to say, "I- uh, how did I say this?"

"I'm Limbo Dreams and, well, I noticed something harsh inside you."

"No, that doesn't make any sense," Limbo interrupted herself, still used to her dream walks where ponies couldn't see or hear her, "I- I need to know if you are aware of it, or if you have any control over it, or-" Limbo quickly composed herself. "A stallion by the name of Silver Tongue is looking for you, but I don't think he understands what he's dealing with."

Limbo realized she had painted her friend in a bad light and quickly added "You have to understand, he's in a desperate situation, and he really means well. I just think he's in over his head this time."

• Brohoof 1