Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open A New Kingdom

Jedishy

@Loud Opinion

Jaded laughs a little and shakes her head "ah see, I was waiting for that" she says "And yes I do know a bit about curses and dark magic, and I do believe that I can still help you, even after revealing my true self to you" she says, following him "I can't promise that I can completely lift the curse from you, but I can promise that I will do my best to try" she says and listens to him, inspecting the ring "First, I will need to know how you got this curse, how this ring helps you and how you believe that this curse can be lifted". She trots alongside him, keeping their surroundings into account. "I'll be more than happy to help, and you needn't show me a good time, I would have done it for you regardless" she gives him a small, reassuring smile. "You'd be surprised how many ponies come to me with curses on them, but they keep saying they cannot afford to pay for anything.. I willingly and happily do my best to lift curses from others..Being cursed is something I'd never wish on anypony"

• Brohoof 1

Derpy's eyes widend.  She had seen Thanos's transformation when he was checking her over.  This seemed different.  The chill carried malice.  She moved foreward to help, but his sister held his rage first.  She turned to Derpy to help.  Derpy nodded.  She turned to rush off.  A large group had gathered.  Pushing through would prove difficuly.  She flapped her wings, flying to the top.  The icy chill clung to her feathers once they were spread.  Her wings felt heavy, and flying was just as hard.  Still, she flew as fast as the chill would allow.  She got to the door when, surprisingly, Luna turned the corner, and, in one booming voice, took control of the situation.  Derpy herself landed, glad to see they came.  But, then she left to find Celestia, leaving the party with the same amount of tension as when she came.  What?!  Did she not realize the icy malice?!  Derpy had no idea what to do now?!

Cadence nodded to Arete.  She couldn't blame Thanos for his anger.  She still held her own.  She stepped up, holding Thanos' powers along with her new friend, "Please, Thanos, don't let one bad seed ruin this chance." She asked.  Luna's voice rang out.  She grabbed hold of ever pony's attention in a mere moment.  In that moment, Cadence felt the gap between herself ajd the other princesses...if Luna had stayed with the dignitaries, there may have never been an incident to begin with.  The room went quiet with her as she spoke.  Then, just as suddenly as she appeared, she left.  Most dignitaries started to go to their spots, but King Blueblood stayed, either too scared or too stubborn to move.

King Blueblood  stood in terror.  This thing was no pony! His sister, who he had no doubt also held a dark side, kept the monster back.  He was so relieved to see Luna.  With her one majestic voice, the other dignitaries were silenced.  She would kick this monster far from their lands.  Then, shock took him when she just...left.  she saw the situation, the monster, an attack...and left.  Truely, the Princess didn't mean to leave them.  She had said Celestia.  Yes.  Thats it.  She had to pretend it was nothing so the monster wouldn't know what's coming.  Soon both princesses would take this vicious 'prince' back to his own time!  A triumphant grin spread across his face.  He didn't listen to a word the monster said.  Once he turned, Blueblood knew his suspicions were right!  He said nothing, biding his time.

Thanos could feel the dignitaries arrogance and smugness. He wanted to flatten him. To teach him to never dare speak such vile rumors again. He was breathing heavily his chest heaving and his nose flaring. Ice flared out on every breath as he shook from mane to hoof. He was too enamored with Luna to disobey but it was taking everything in him not to respond. With his magic flaring and swirling within him, he felt Derpys concern and it shamed him. He looked at Cadence and managed to speak between gritted teeth. 

" Going...to...get...a...drink. "

Arete looked after her brother with concern. She knew he rarely lost his temper. But the few times she had seen it left devastation in its wake. An angry Alicron was a terrifying sight. Her brother was fighting hard to not embarrass them and to obey Luna and she knew it. Deciding to try to lighten the mood she reached out with her magic. A slow feeling of everything being possible crept through the room easing tensions. It even slightly took the edge off of her brothers' anger despite his glare in her direction when he felt it. 

" Come now everypony this is a happy day where our kingdoms get to know each other. Let's not tarnish it with rumors and anger. As we have a few moments I will take any questions or requests anypony might have that they can voice in a civil and kindly manner.

• Brohoof 2

Cadence sighed in relief that at least was over for now.  Thanos seemed like he needed some space, which sye would give him.  She calmed down a bit, noting a feeling of easiness...like anything was pissible, and noticed Arete's magic...it was similar to hers.  Somehow, it felt lightly familiar as well.  She couldn't pin point it.  Still, her own intuition pushed her to close her eyes, a lighter version of her live magic mixing with Aretes.  Not enough to move a ueart to love, but hopefully enough to help ponies remember what they enjoyed about one another.

"Yes, actually."  The Dignitaries from Saddle Arabia raised a hoof, "If we may, that is.  As the...rather rude dignitary Blue Blood pointed out, tuere is vary little of you...your culture, your way of life...would you kindly engage us in a tale of your usual days before Sombra sank your country away in time?  We are curipus to know what you do, what you like.  How you are similarsind different from other ponies?"

King Blue blood huffed.  The magic would not deter his feelings.  He felt the want to feel in ease...the damn witch...could control emotions?!  And Cadence was foolishly helping.   This is why she needed a noble hoof beside her.  His son would never allow uer to help such an obviously evil pony.  He pressed his mouth shut, pretending to comply untio the princesses...the real princesses returned.

Derpy heard Thanos.  She didn't help...again.  she sighed.  'The mare 9f 8nfinate possibilities.' That's what tue Doctor called her.  Then, why did she keep feeling like she failed?  Thanos needed some pony.  She flew over to him, getting a drink next to him.  "...I'm sorry..." she managed, hoof on his.  "Not all ponies are such jerks.  I promise."

It was worse than Caleo had feared. Ever since the dignified drake had stepped into this supposed Celebration with Celestia, he had passively observed along side her as the open bickering and accusations flew. His eyes shifted from each individual pony engaged in the heated discussion, keeping track of their names and their seeming alliances. The first he had noticed was named Cadence by a few of those in attendance. The pink mare had an intricate mane of sharp gradients of yellow to purple, and she wore similar regalia to Celestia and Luna. However her bearing and her composure was a far cry from her obviously older contemporaries. As things heated up around the mare, she was quickly losing control of the situation, trying to placate ponies with weak words and platitudes. She was supposedly one of the newer rulers of Equestria, and this was her inauguration as well as a meeting of foreign dignitaries. Clearly a poor decision given her inexperience and obvious lack of leadership skills. 

The next obvious actor in the room was this King Blueblood character, whom appeared to have a checkered past with Cadence considering she had seemingly spurned his son. Elitism and Bigotry emanated from his person as he spoke down to what he called 'crystal ponies.' It appeared to be in reference to the fall of one King Sombra, a name that Caleo recognized. He was one of the more prominent evils that had tried to take over Equestria at one point or another, including the likes of Discord and Lord Tirek. This Blueblood, aptly named, seemed to believe that one of the newer rulers was in league with Sombra, and appeared to have blamed the plight of the crystal ponies on themselves. A mark of a xenophobic mindset, blaming the ills of a dictator on his subjects. Caleo's long standing idea that ponies were fundamentally innocent creatures if a bit arrogant was being thoroughly challenged the longer he heard this simpering king speak. 

Thanos meanwhile was giving Caleo pause for different reasons than the Bigoted King. He had recognized him from his water based magical projection from earlier, but now it was clear that he was wielding an uncomfortable amount of power. Perhaps similarly to Nightmare Moon, Luna's alter ego. Much like her, he had an alternate appearance he dawned in a fit of rage and used it to make himself seem more intimidating to his accuser. The words he bellowed, trying his best to make himself seem intimidating and imposing, did nothing to assuage fears that he could be a secret dark warlord in their midst. If anything it made the dragon take note of him and how truly untamed his anger really was. The small cross eyed pegasus could defend his honor all day, but the very fact that a simple remark from an admittedly bigoted dignitary could make him fly off the handle that quickly was a cause for concern. Especially when all of this was taking place in front of foreign ambassadors they themselves invited. It exposed great weaknesses among Equestrian leadership. 

"It is rather impressive that a country that was ran by one princess for a thousand years is suddenly having so many problems when that leadership has expanded manyfold." The dragon commented to Celestia as he kept his arms behind his back. Celestia sighed as she looked on at the chaos that had taken place. Surely this was not the best hoof they could have placed forward, especially with so many important things up in the air. 

"I trust them Caleo. I know they will do what is best for Equestria, just as I did for the last Millenia." 

He looked over to her with a raised eyebrow. "Do you believe that?"

She didn't look at him, instead keeping her eyes forward as she tried to keep track of everything. "I have to believe that." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kapi meanwhile was absolutely mesmerized by what had transpired. He stood next to Luna, his eyes sparkling with abject wonder as Thanos turned into that being of darkness. Somehow the little feline had managed to find a bag of popcorn with red and white stripes and began to eat it slowly as he watched the argument taking place, the unholy aura glowing off of the ruler reflecting off of the Abbyssian's eyes. His tail was swishing about and his ears were flicking around like crazy as he took it all in, the casual display of high level magic like nothing he had ever seen. He knew Caleo could do impressive magic too, but the Dragon would NEVER show him when he wanted! It was a travesty that that uptight teacher of his knew all those flashy spells but never did any to entertain him! Why couldn't he be cool like this Sombra Stallion! 

"Can you do that?" Kapi asked Luna as Sombra wandered away, his face glowing with excitement as he wanted to know if the princess of the night could still transform into an awesome shadowy beast! 

@ExplosionMare @Jedishy @Loud Opinion @Janicethelight

• Brohoof 1

@Buck Testa

Luna was not happy that the dignitaries just let themselves in before the party actually began, but the situation was tense. She had wanted to use her Canterlot voice to grab everyone's attention. For her sister's sake, if those ponies could be so bold as to be rude to royals then a loud voice wouldn't shake them up too bad. However, the situation was tense. With a power emanating from Thanos, Luna was looking at something surreal. In the years leading up to her betrayal, Luna would have these fits of what she liked to describe as a primordial alicorn surge where our power as alicorns would blind us to the future. She herself would lose sight of all concept of personal responsibility and be lost to whatever pain hurt the most. Thanos looked to Luna like how others must have seen her all those years ago. Thanos' situation also reminded her of her return to the sane world where ponies were convinced that she had somehow been mentally altered by the elements of harmony. Most were afraid of her, but, like anyone that had an excuse, she had sympathizers that saw the use of the elements as an unethical erasure of Luna's personhood. Of course, that wasn't how the elements worked. With proper usage, all it did was expel Luna's power long enough for her to consider the future and how futile her betrayal was to her own happiness. It was Luna that made the choice to give Equestria another chance, nothing else.

It took her a minute to return from her introspection, Luna had just enough time to catch Kapi's question. Deciding it wasn't a question she felt like answering as it hit a little too close to home, she decided to see if she could put her guest to good use, "You see the pink alicorn and the grey pegasus? I have to speak to my sister, but those are some good friends of mine that would be delighted to meet you."

Luna then purposefully made stern eye contact with Celestia, silently beckoning her over.

@Scarlet Rose,

Gold Dust was relieved, to say the least. He was fairly certain that he didn't have the grace to handle such a complex issue that he originally suspected. "Well, that's a load off my mind." Gold Dust smiled back,  "I'm not entirely sure how the curse works, but I know who might. I was going to see him anyway so I can lead you to him after you show me what all this 'true self' business is building up to."

Gold Dust wasn't entirely sure why he was so ready for this, but if he had to guess, it would have to be because he doesn't expect it to be any worse than how Silver Tongue turned out to be when he betrayed him with the cursed ring. Regardless of the reason though, Gold Dust was still ready.

Winter slowly sipped the cider he had grabbed. Hearing Derpy say she was sorry just inflamed him more. She did nothing wrong it was all that arrogant little diplomat. Seeing his first friend upset made his ears ring and head throb with the stress of containing himself. he would not allow another outburst but he hated that she was upset at herself. 

" Derpy... its not your fault. You did everything you could possibly be asked to do. Dont beat yourself up.

Arete was worried about Thanos she could feel the tension. She knew the possibilities of what could happen if he lost his cool and did not hold back. She looked over at her brother with a sigh and shook her head. The dignitaries from Saddle Arabia had spoken and she had to get her act together. 

" Well honestly as it stands we are still very much recovering from the attack by King Sombra. But prior to this our ponies often tried to look to Canterlot for fashion and popular cultural trends but we found that such designs always had to be modified. You see we are highly emotional people. Our feelings changing and flowing with the seasons and in some particularly sensitive ponies even the weather. So our own food, drink, and fashion tends to fluctuate wildly with the seasons. In the summer its hard to get all but the most mature ponies to do much work so sping the time of potential is a flurry of work to cover the lost productivity in the summer. In the fall we need special counseling ponies to smooth over the tempers that gust and grow icey with the coming change of seasons. But the winter brings somber minds and slow methodical work to our ponies. Even our paint reflects this shifting and changing with the temperatures of the seasons. Our capital is divided into four sections one for each season and the royal castle sits at its heart each tower matching the section it represents. 

" As for how we are the same..well we are all ponies. We enjoy the same foods and trends that you might find here in Equestria but with a bit of seasonal twist. We celebrate the summer sun the same as anypony and we pay our respects to the sisters just like you. I myself share a fondness for apples from your farms here as the fluctuation of our ponies shows in the food and there is something special about the steady hand of an apple from Appleoosa or Ponyville.

Arete spoke firmly and clearly hoping that she did her kingdom proud. She smiled and bowed politely in a show of respect towards the dignitaries that had been so polite and open with their questions. 

• Brohoof 1

@Loud Opinion

Jaded nods and smiles as she levitates the pendant with her  magic before igniting it with what could be said to be balefire. As she did, her appearance started to change, she was no longer white with blond mane and tail, but a light blue with a teal mane and tail. Her eyes had gone from blue to green and she wore a friendly smile on her face as she stretches. "Aah, it's so good to be free from that cursed thing" she says, smiling at him, "Hi, you may have met my cursed counter part, Jaded Swansong, my true name is actually Tranquil Serenity, it is nice to meet you" she says, reaching a hoof out to him. "Oh and don't worry, I am still able to do my best to help you lift your curse, or at least, try to" she smiles at him "Oh and no need to worry, I won't be doing any of that spooky stuff that Jaded did, especially talk with spirits, that stuff creeped me out to be honest" she says with a small smile. 

Derpy nodded, though she felt like she could hcouldone more...maybe she could now.  "Thanos.  That anger isn't who you are.  It's okay to be angry.  Sweet Celestia, you should see tye Doctor when he is angry, but tue difference is using that anger.  You are a talented alicorn with an amazing heart.  You were able to show me that if just a few moments.  We just need to show these dignitaries how amazing you are together.  What do you say?  I'm sure that between the two of us, we can show these ponies your true nature.  We just need to think of how...and ignore the jerk!" She smiled, her bad eye traveling to King Blueblood as her good one stayed with Thanos.

Cadence listened as well.  Emotions...it sounded similar to tue crystal ponies, at least.  One of the few things she had found was that crystal pony's coats dulled under sadness or stress and shone brilliantly with happiness and love.  She wondered if it was because they were neighbouring kingdoms.  Though, the ponies from their country had emotions that changed the area around them...it must have been difficult some days.

"We thank you most graciously for the answer." The Saddle Arabians bowed, "Itsoundas as though your weather changes often.  In Saddle Arabia, we have very little change in weather.  It seems we have much to learn from your land.  If I may, what kinds of things do you do to celebrate?"

@Scarlet Rose,

Gold Dust was both relieved and, though he didn't want to admit it, he couldn't help but be disappointed. On one hoof, he was glad that he didn't have to convince the royal guard to let some monstrous beast or wicked spirit through to the party. At the same time, something about the whole reveal felt unsatisfying. And something about the remark with Jadded spirit talk just rubbed Gold Dust the wrong way. 'Creeped me out,' Gold Dust thought to himself in a mockery of Tranquil's original tone, 'who does she think she is?!'

Gold Dust was taken aback by his own thoughts. 'Wow, I haven't gotten that worked up in a long time.'

The whole encounter suddenly felt so formal. It was only natural. The pony before him might as well be an entirely different person, one painfully similar to the countless representatives from the businesses he met with. All smiles no matter the situation. They would always act like the person in front of them was the best thing since sliced bread. The Silver family was the exception to that rule though, which was probably the catalyst for his admiration toward them.

Regardless, the game had changed for Gold Dust. Instead of a friend that happened to be helpful, the goal now was a useful acquaintance. Suddenly it was just another workday for Gold Dust.

After starting and stopping a few times, Gold Dust spoke with a smile and a surprised tone, "Wow!" Gold Dust exclaimed and interrupted himself with a chuckle before continuing, "I've never seen anything like that. Well, we better hurry before we're late to the party."

@Loud Opinion

Tranquil raises an eyebrow "The sarcasm is real with this one" she teases and pokes her tongue out at him playfully. "Just kidding, but come on, lets go see this friend of yours, and see if we can lift this curse from you" she says, trotting along side him and looking around, she then spots a change in his demeanor "Hey Gold, you okay? You seem to be..different" she says in a somewhat worried tone, she didn't like this change in his tone or behavior much.

She shakes her head "aanyway, why don't tell you me more about how you acquired this curse?" she asks "I mean you told me your, cousin,wasn't it? gave you this cursed ring, but what is the story behind him giving you the ring? Was it supposed to be a prank on you, or something more serious?" she asks, because, despite her change in appearance and a little bit in her personality, she had told Gold she would do her best to help, and she fully intended to fulfill that.

@Loud Opinion

Celestia moved forward upon seeing the signal from her sister. It was clear that this whole party's stability was hanging by a thread and it was going to need every princess on board to make sure it didn't turn anymore south than it already had. She was mildly relieved that her new friend  had opted to not follow her. The dragon was rather off putting to say the least. Especially after the conversation they had had about Spike's Egg. Dragons normally would not have taken such an interest in how she had acquired it in the first place, but Caleo did not behave like a normal dragon. She didn't really know what he was. His whole aura was a mixture of sophistication and this undertone of danger that played beneath it. He had not dropped his guard the second he had arrived here. He seemed ready to spring into a fight at any moment, but not in a jumpy or agitated kind of way. Rather he was just prepared for any outcome at least as far as she could tell. As he prowled slowly through the party, keeping his hands behind his back as he politely greeted ponies, she could tell he was gauging everypony with an appraising eye. She didn't like him much at all. 

"Well, this certainly could be going better." Celestia spoke to Luna as she walked up to her. She was not able to keep some of her exasperation out of her voice. She had intended on that line being amusing and relaxing, but with that tint of stress it just ended up sounded sarcastic. She plowed through, not letting it get to her ", How are things going? Do you think the worst of it is over or should we think about wrapping this up early to avoid an international incident.  

@Janicethelight

Meanwhile Cadence was soon beset upon by a new bright eyed and bushy tailed diplomat. Kapi seemed to have sprung up out of nowhere when he had popped up in front of her and waved at her inches from her face. He seemed rather like a certain party pony in his demeanor, though he had a starry eyed wonder about him that made him seem younger than he actually was. 

"Hi! Why isn't your mane flowing like the other two princesses? Is that a style choice? Or is it something else?" He leaned around as she looked her over, curiosity bubbling through his facial expressions like he was a tourist rather than a government official from another country. "Princess Luna said I should talk to you! That one pony was really neat! I think his name was Thanos right? The one that turned into that spooky thing earlier? That was so amazing, I wish I could do that." 

@Loud Opinion

Granite’s panic was put on hold as the strange pony started rambling. She sounded confused yet curious at the same time, and it bewildered him. The only thing Granite could comprehend out of the pony’s dialogue is that she was very intent on learning about Granite’s diagnosis. Inwardly sighing, Granite Rose carefully pieced together what he was going to say with out revealing too much.

“I-It’s fine, really. I have everything under control. You don’t need to worry about me.”

Granite hoped that would be enough to convince the pony to leave. He was running late for the ceremony as it was and he didn’t want to be more late just because some random stranger took an interest in him. Slowly, Granite returned to his things, hoping that would be a signal for the pony to leave. He hated to be rude like this, but he felt extremely uncomfortable sharing any part of his personal life with ponies other than close friends. He knew he had to leave soon if he wanted to avoid more conversation.

Leave. Don’t let her know. Don’t let her see. Go where you can hide.

Granite hated to admit it, but he actually agreed with Thorns for once. They both knew they would have to hide. They couldn’t let that mare find out the truth. 

• Brohoof 1

@Scarlet Rose,

That had to be the third time now. Jadded, or was it Tranquil now? had looked right through Gold Dust. He knew he wasn't the most careful pony in the china shop, but this perception was admirable. Either that or dumb luck. Regardless, this reignited Gold Dust's interest to a degree.

Beyond this, she had taken more interest in his curse which Gold Dust was all too happy to see. More so because it had to do with him then it had to do with the curse. The streak of self-importance continued when he gave his explanation, "Well, this all happened when I was just a colt. You see, Silver Tongue gave me this ring on my third birthday. He must have done it because I- uh." Gold Dust paused. He had an answer in his head just a second ago, but when he thought about it now it just didn't make sense. It was something along the lines of Silver Tongue being jealous of his accomplishments, but he was just a colt back then, he hadn't done anything of significance yet. He still hasn't done anything all that extravagant yet.

"Sorry, but I can't think of a good reason for him to do that,"  Then --his streak of selfishness still persisting a little-- Gold Dust added, "I was just an innocent little colt. He hasn't talked to me since, but there's no way he'll miss an event like this. I was planning on asking him about it when I saw him."

@ExplosionMare,

Limbo Dreams was relived. She knew Silver Tongue had big plans for the ponies he's sapposed to find, but if Granite had control over his situation, there was a chance that so could Silver Tongue.

"Thank you for reassuring me," Limbo said more politely then her rambling a moment ago, "You're a good pony. You were patient with me, even with -whatever that is rattling around. I know I'm not the easiest of ponies to be patient with, so I appreciate it."

Limbo Dreams didn't want to push her luck, so she left to the party room, hoping to meet Silver Tongue there. Now that she had her peace of mind she could go along with Silver Tongue's plan a little more easily.

@Buck Testa,

Luna regarded her sister harshly. This was a problem of Celestia's own making and was not pleased that she looked to her for input while ignoring her just minutes ago. She couldn't let that cloud her judgment though, so she decided not to dwell on it and spoke no more firmly than she would normally, "The ceremony was set up for the sole purpose of sating our citizens' curiosity while their peers put pressure on them to be fair and respectful. I trust it was no mistake that you invited so many diplomats that would love to show off how easily they can talk with foreign officials. We won't get another opportunity to do so so swiftly.

"Thanos is calm if my experience is anything to go on. To prevent an incident, I suggest we remove the dignitary that started this to prevent anyone else from pushing our luck, let the talents of our more pleasant ponies shine, and for future reference, think twice about inviting the offender to future events. That's funny," Luna added with a smirk, "I almost sounded like you for a moment there."

@Jedishy, @Janicethelight,

The ceremony doors opened once more to reveal the arrival of the Silver family. It would only be a matter of moments before other attendants would arrive now that the party had officially started. Not a single one of them was out of line, not even Silver Tongue, as they collectively and efficiently selected their tables.

They all sat very close together and waited patiently for their turn to see the royals, eyeing the more permaculture people in the room all the while. A select few complained, but they were outnumbered vastly and wouldn't dare make a scene in front of all their relatives. Their presence demanded respect from within and without. Their collective conversations were scarce and barely reached above a murmur. That combined with their hard expressions made them difficult for the dignitaries to approach. This was true for all except Silver Tongue who wore a polite, patient smile the whole time and sat at the edge of the Silver families unofficial territory.

@Loud Opinion

Tranquil nodded, "To be given a curse at such a young age.." she says softly and then smiles a little "Well, I suppose we will see what he has to say about it..hopefully" she says, then smiles a bit more at him "Well, seeing as we have a bit of a way to go, why don't you tell more more about yourself" she suggests, trotting alongside him "I mean, you already know quite a bit about myself, but all I know about you, is your name, what you look like and that you were given a cursed ring on your third birthday" she says "So, why not tell me more, what are your interests, hobbies, likes, dislikes, that sort of thing" she smiles softly "I mean, that is if you want to divulge into it, if not, I'll understand completely" she hums a little whilst waiting for a response from her companion.

Thanos finished his cider and walked back over just in time to hear his sister get asked the second question and see the new diplomats appearance. He was noticeably more relaxed but there was a coldness to him now. Something stern and commanding that was not there before when he was trying to open himself up to the crowd. He looked at his sister and spoke.

" Princess Arete if I might field those questions I believe it would be best if these fine ponies heard from both of us.

Arete was a bit taken aback and then saddened. She could feel the retreat within him. The wall of ice so to speak in his heart. The diplomats had wounded him and his outburst embarrassed him. So he retreated to what he knew rules and formality. 

" Of course brother. I mean prince Thanos.

She bowed and gestured for him to take the lead. 

" Our particular celebrations follow mostly Equestria propers holidays. However, we have two holidays that celebrate the seasonal changes in the charge of the current rulers of the Kingdom. In our case Winter (gesturing at himself and Spring ( gesturing at Arete ). They are somewhat akin to the Summer Sun and Nightmare Night in Equestria "

Winter then turns to Kapi eyeing the strange creature for a moment before speaking. 

" I did not turn into a strange thing sir. That is my form when I must put an end to things as the demands of my royal duties call for. I do apologize for any discomfort such a transformation might have caused but I do not take kindly to crass rumors from ponies or anycreature I hardly know.

His tone was polite but firm and clear as if to dispel any misconceptions anyone might have of him or his roles in Equestria. Looking at the gather throngs of ponies and dignitaries he took a breath and in a measured Canterlot voice called out. 

" Citizens of Equestria and visitors from beyond I am happy to greet you all in the name of the Kingdom of Seasons. I and my sister Princess Arete would be happy to speak to as many of you as possible today if you could form an orderly line. After our meet and greet I would like to formally present gifts of Friendship to Princess Luna, Princess Celestia, and Princess Cadance to bring our Kingdoms closer together.

Arete smiled softly glad that her brother was skilled in such things otherwise she might have informally wandered about speaking to ponies at random leading to somepony feeling snubbed. With this method, they could get to as many as was sensible and it was the line, not the siblings that would cause anypony to miss out. 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Jedishy said:

Winter then turns to Kapi eyeing the strange creature for a moment before speaking. 

" I did not turn into a strange thing sir. That is my form when I must put an end to things as the demands of my royal duties call for. I do apologize for any discomfort such a transformation might have caused but I do not take kindly to crass rumors from ponies or anycreature I hardly know.

His tone was polite but firm and clear as if to dispel any misconceptions anyone might have of him or his roles in Equestria. Looking at the gather throngs of ponies and dignitaries he took a breath and in a measured Canterlot voice called out. 

" Citizens of Equestria and visitors from beyond I am happy to greet you all in the name of the Kingdom of Seasons. I and my sister Princess Arete would be happy to speak to as many of you as possible today if you could form an orderly line. After our meet and greet I would like to formally present gifts of Friendship to Princess Luna, Princess Celestia, and Princess Cadance to bring our Kingdoms closer together.

Kapi pulled away from Cadence before she had a chance to reply to him and moved over to Thanos. His ears had flattened at the reprimand of his choice of words and he had felt pretty bad about it. He was rather known for not thinking before he spoke and it resulted in him making older creatures offended sometimes. He wanted to make this right soon cause he had really liked what he had seen from the up and coming ruler. 

"I'm sorry Mister Prince Thanos sir. I didn't mean to sound mean earlier. I wasn't trying to spread nasty rumors about you I promise." His eyes were big and sparkly with barely held back tears. It was clear the idea that he had offended the ruler had upset him quite a bit. He shuffled from foot to foot and rubbed one of his arms with his other as he continued. "I actually really liked that thi- er, Form you turned into! It was amazing! I never saw anything like it in my whole life. You ponies have so much magic inside of you that it's just hard to wrap my mind around. I'm not even sure what to call everything I'm seeing here tonight. " 

The whole time Kapi was speaking, Caleo was looming in the distance, observing the two with a firm eye. Though his posturing hadn't changed all that much, keeping both hands behind his back and keeping that air of civility, it was evidence in the tightness of his features that he did not like Kapi putting himself in potential danger like that. His wings ruffled behind his back as he fought the urge to rush in just yet. Kapi did step on some toes then, so it would be good for him to make things right with the ruler on his own rather than with his bodyguard hovering behind him. However he was prepared to rush the prince if he tried anything against his charge. Diplomacy or not he would not have Kapi being hurt in any way. He had not taken kindly to his outburst of anger earlier and believed him to be far too unstable for leadership, however he hoped this Thanos would prove him wrong in that regard. 

@Janicethelight @Jedishy

@Dream Walker,

The subject being on himself seemed to only egg Gold Dust on. "Well- " Gold Dust cut himself off with a grunt of pain and nursed the back of his head. Sharp pain in his ring hoof gave away the fact that the curse was fighting back. He assumed that the curse was an inconvenience at worst. After all, wings aren't the worst trade-off to such a dangerous trait as Midus Touch. After such a heavy-hoofed attempt at keeping Gold Dust under control, he knew he had to look past all the cloud perched sunsets his wings gave him and found a way to be rid of the oppressive force.

"Sorry, I, I think this curse does something more than just make me a pegasus," Gold Dust continued to nurse the back of his head as he spoke, "It's funny, I never put this much thought into getting rid of this thing before, but if it has to try this hard to keep me from removing it, then it's gotta be worth it."

@Jedishy, @Buck Testa,

Luna winced when she heard Thanos take charge and present himself accordingly. It was good to see initiative and proper execution of high etiquette, but the hard expression on Thanos' face betrayed the fact that Luna had shorted him. It was a regret to consider, but Luna had to pay attention to her sister despite her disappointment in her. Luna would want the same thing in Celestia's position.

Meanwhile, Silver Tongue had already settled into his seat at the edge of the rest of his family when Thanos gave his announcement. Most would see this as an invitation, but Silver Tongue knew better, or at least he thought so. Behind that gesture was a cold expression. 'This was business for him, nothing more', Silver Tongue assessed, and with the cold chill of Thanos' earlier outburst still lingering, Silver Tongue didn't particularly approve of the implied business. Silver Tongue had thought he was only saving his own skin when he got his etherial instructions, but perhaps he would be doing the whole of Equestria a favor in his deeds to come.

After giving his adversary a hard look, Silver Tongue switched his focus to the rest of the room. The Gold Family were still nowhere to be seen which didn't surprise him in the least What did surprise him though was the well-kept dragon of all things. To have such sophistication despite the crucible that had to be his upbringing spoke volumes of the things character. With how still the thing was, one could assume a mindless guardian with all-encompassing instinct carved out for unconditional-obedience, but his eyes had the spark of intelligence. It would follow the conversation, implying understanding. Silver Tongue, with a little thought, concluded that there was intelligence that guided him alongside his obedience.

This would normally be just an exercise in deductive reasoning for Silver Tongue, but when he followed the dragon's gaze, he was pleasantly surprised to see that focus was put on Thanos among other things. It was very likely that the dragon was just as suspicious of Thanos as he was, but there was still a real risk if he wasn't. The dragon could easily draw suspicion that would unravel Silver Tongue's entire plot if he decided to announce Silver Tongue's decent. Maybe the dragon would forgive him on his conservative suspension based on Silver Tongue's age, but dragons weren't known to be forgiving of such things and Mr. Tongue didn't want to gamble on him having shed that particular sentiment.

Silver Tongue casually walked up to the dragon in question and spoke, "A polite gesture, don't you think? Giving gifts to the ponies that matter to him. And the speech wasn't too bad either, for someone so-" Silver paused, faining having to find the right word. In reality, Silver had chosen the word carefully in advance. "Insecure,"  Silver finally finished.

• Brohoof 1

@Loud Opinion

Tranquil nodded, listening to what Gold was telling her but then noticed how he winced in pain "It is imperative we find out how to remove this curse as soon as possible" she says in a low whisper, barely audible but loud enough for just Gold to hear "Of course, if we do manage to lift this curse from you, yes, it would likely take away your wings, as you say it made you a Pegasus, but it seems to be giving you great pain a well" she says, closing her eyes a moment "Gold Dust..now, either your name is just a coincidence or I may have met your family before, back when I was Jaded" she says and shakes her head "Regardless" she gives him a small smile "Let us do what we can to find a way to lift the curse, then we can maybe get more acquainted, as friends?" she asks, following to him where the stallion they needed to see was. "Is  that the stallion we need to see?" she asks, pointing to Silver Tongue.

• 2 weeks later...

Arete was fascinated by the strange creature addressing her brother and was so totally absorbed she was starting to ignore the crowd. Thanos on the other hoof was scanning around feeling the temperament of the crowd. As Kapi started to speak he felt a focus on him centered around the dragon across the hall they were in. He looked over at the dragon and he could feel the mistrust. It was clear that this was the feline creatures protector. Thanos snorted dismissively at the idea of such a creature attacking him out of misguided fear. Hearing Kapi finishes his focus snapped back to what was in front of him. 

" I did not mean to imply that you were spreading rumors. I meant others here. Your statement was a bit tactless but that is not really a big deal to me. However, if you are on a diplomatic mission here I would watch such slips in the future. Some pony dignitaries are easily offended and will storm off at such things. Which could make your mission hard if you hope to learn about Equestria. It's just a bit of advice from one of my only areas of expertise. Always let the other creature make the first mistake.

Arete looked at her brother sadly. She could feel the icy nature of his demeanor growing. He was closing off. Becoming more business-like. This was why he struggled with his role. She was sure his potential lay in opening up. But she could not press him. He was immovable to such things. Worse force or aggression would just result in a fight. She refocused on Kapi 

" I am Princess Arete sister to Prince Thanos and co-ruler of our kingdom. It is a pleasure to meet you.

@Loud Opinion @Buck Testa

• Brohoof 1

Kapi chuckled sheepishly and scratched the back of his head at Thanos's words. 

"You sound like Caleo. He's always talking about how I should think more before I say things. It's so hard sometimes though. I get really excited and the words just kinda spill out."

Caleo was still rather tense, but he seemed to nod in slight approval as to what Thanos said. He would still keep an eye on that rash anger of his, but he at the very least seemed to have a good head on his shoulders when he wasn't raging in a magical state. 

Kapi's face brightened up at the princess greeting him and he cutely remembered to give a respectful bow after a brief second. It was clear he was trying, though he was still green in his execution.

"Its a pleasure to meet you Princess! Gosh I'm sure meeting a lot of princesses tonight!"

Caleo took an intake of breath and pinched the bridge of his muzzle at his charges boundless enthusiasm. He would need to talk to the feline about composing himself later.

A long, stern talk. 

@Jedishy

Granite halted in confusion. After the mare suddenly dropped the issue and left, he wasn’t sure how to handle it. It was almost as if she had decided all her pestering was a waste of time. 

“Huh. That was weird. Well, guess I better get to the ceremony then.”

Granite gathered up the rest of his belongings and headed out near the back of the garden. He was abruptly stopped by a guard at the entrance but, after glancing at his cart full of gardening tools, they allowed him to pass. He headed down the castle halls and made a left towards the ceremony entrance. He continued to trot near the entrance until something dawned on him.

What am I going to do with all this? I can’t just stand around with this cart, there’s no space for it in a crowd!

Annoyed, Granite turned around and headed back. He thought of storing it back in the garden, but he knew leaving it outside would run the risk of somepony stealing it. He thought of asking the guardpony if they could watch over it, but it seemed like a ridiculous thing to ask of somepony who spent their nights guarding ponies as opposed to valuables. Unsure of himself, Granite went down the hall, hoping somepony could help him out.

• Brohoof 1

Arete was amused by Kapi. He was so different from any creature she had ever met and he seemed like so much fun. Without a thought, she reached out with her magic sensing his potential. She wanted to see where he could most fully be himself. 

" Sister! It is rude to try to read the fates of other creatures without warning unless your job requires it.

Thanos's voice echoed in her mind with a sharp crack. She knew he was right and he sounded so like their father her ears folded and she flushed with embarrassment.  

" Kapi what brings you here to Equestria? If that is something you can share with us that is

Arete instinctively started talking to cover her social faux pas while Thanos gestured for the next pony in line who wished an audience to step forward to meet him.  He wanted to give such an unusual dignitary from outside Equestria time with them while avoiding snubbing other ponies that were indeed waiting. He was sure that if they could cycle them around Kapi it would work out just fine. 

@Buck Testa & @Loud Opinion

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Loud Opinion

Tranquil raises an eyebrow "well then, we had better get going to this family member of yours" she says as she then approaches Silver Tongue, keeping in mind what his name most likely meant. She approaches him and smirks a little as she would tap the stallion with a hoof "Excuse me, but are you Silver Tongue?" she asks as she would look at the stallion "Forgive my abrupt entrance, but you see, I am friends with a family member of yours, and see" she says as she quickly glances over to Gold Dust "It would seem a gift you gave him when he was small, is cursed and well it is bothering him quiet a lot. Is there a way to lift the curse?" she asks then glares at him "and I do believe he has already tried taking the ring off, but it doesn't seem to want to be taken off" 

She would then look over to Gold Dust, motioning for him to join her, perhaps he had something he wanted to say.

(edited)

@Buck Testa, @Lady Moonspell,

Silver Tongue gave Caleo another look before resigning that he simply didn't hear him. That was unless he was being deliberately ignored, which Silver Tongue, being the spiteful soul he is, chose to believe. He would have allowed his grievance to fester on his way back to his table, but that plan went out the window when he saw Gold Dust and Tranquil enter the room. He didn't recognize either of them, so normally he wouldn't register such minute detail, but the unfamiliar Tranquil was pointing at him. Silver Tongue knew that wearing his annoyance on his face would make for a poor first impression, so he dropped his tension in anticipation for the inevitable encounter.

Silver Tongue made an effort to pretend he hadn't noticed the two and kept his back to them. He briefly thought about paying Caleo's cold shoulder forward but decided against it when the clearly irate pony tapped him for his attention. At first, he was confused to see Tranquil pointing to a Gold, claiming that he was a relative. It was a little funny. If this pony had said the same thing to any other Silver, they would be quite offended to be compared to a Gold. Thankfully Silver Tongue didn't think so lowly of the Gold family. It was still inaccurate, but when Tranquil had mentioned a cursed gift then it all made sense. Allowing a grin to creep his mussel, Silver Tongue recognized Gold Dust. He hadn't seen him in years, but Silver Tongue still remembered his curiosity with everything that had to do with the rival family. If there ever was a Gold to mistake for a Silver it would be him.

Silver Tongue caught himself smirking despite Tranquil's accusation, and corrected himself.

Gold Dust meanwhile noticed that the rest of the Gold family was absent. Late as usual. When Tranquil pointed out Silver Tongue, he was a little surprised that he had guessed him out first try. Perhaps it was his isolation from the rest of the Silver family gave it away. Such a dastardly stallion didn't really fit in with the Silver crowd. "That's him alright," Gold Dust responded grimly, "Let's get this over with."

With that, Gold Dust took the lead. He marched up to Silver Tongue with a stern face. "You've got some explaining to do."

"Sorry, I'm afraid I don't know much about your ring, Gold Dust. It was an old heirloom from your family that was gathering dust in an attic and I decided it would be better used as a gift. By the way, he isn't family, despite how much he wants to be."

Silver Tongue noticed a glare from Gold Dust and quickly added. "Of course, I feet terrible that such an innocent thing turned out to be cursed, and I've made some for progress on a counter to the curse." 

Edited by Loud Opinion