Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Princess Luna sculpture

Owlburger

I decided to sculpt Luna from my Whisper painting.
She is around 21 cm in height and 14 cm in length. The eyes, moons and stars glow in the dark :D
I used Supersculpey firm, Fimo polymer clay, aluminium foil, wires, acrylic paints.

luna whisper sculpture.png

• Brohoof 13

1 minute ago, Mystic Mane said:

Wow! I really like it a lot, it's beautiful!:pinkie:

Thank you! x)

Just now, Mickey Adaptus said:

Agreed it looks incredible! How long did it take you to make?

Thank you! Probably around 1 week I think :P

• Brohoof 3

11 minutes ago, Kevin Tang said:

Wow! That's great.

Reveal hidden contents

But I don't feel like I'm comfortable with her blank white eyes :maud:

Feels empty.

Thank you! :D

3 minutes ago, Fangirl Mode said:

She is so gorgeous! You did a really great job. <3

Thank you! <3

• Brohoof 2

11 minutes ago, Jeric said:

This is absolutely remarkable. You have some skill with sculpting!

Than you! I've been trying to improve :P

7 minutes ago, Tacodidra said:

That's just incredible! :wau: You did an amazing job with this sculpture! :yay:

Thank you! <3

8 minutes ago, TheTaZe said:

Wow, that is actually pretty cool. I always love when artists sculpt things by hand. :fluttershy:

Thank you! :D

• Brohoof 2

That is some decent sculpting, the shapes are very profound and the stance is preferable for a sculpture.

The colours stand out nicely and are vibrant enough to catch the attention in first glance.

Overall a superb visual experience 

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Entoma Vasilissa Zeta said:

That is some decent sculpting, the shapes are very profound and the stance is preferable for a sculpture.

The colours stand out nicely and are vibrant enough to catch the attention in first glance.

Overall a superb visual experience 

Thank you! I tried to capture the feel of the painting it is based on, I still have a long way to go but I hope to imporve even more! :D

30 minutes ago, Fluttershy Friend said:

I like your precision and attention to details (hovewer these bat- additions to the wings aren't necessairy in my oppinion). Generally very nice piece of work. What do you think  @Alexshy

Thank you! That's actually the armour :') I don't have the best camera and am not very good at taking photos so it's not as visible as in real life:'D

• Brohoof 4

20 minutes ago, Owlburger said:

Thank you! That's actually the armour :') I don't have the best camera and am not very good at taking photos so it's not as visible as in real life:'D

Oh. I understand. In that case I'm OK with that!:squee:

Edited by Fluttershy Friend
  • Brohoof 3

3 hours ago, Fluttershy Friend said:

I like your precision and attention to details (hovewer these bat- additions to the wings aren't necessairy in my oppinion). Generally very nice piece of work. What do you think  @Alexshy

I think the statue is gorgeous *smiles daintily* I'm the epitome of modesty, I know. But @Owlburger did the stunning work forsooth and captured the majestic moment of guarding the Night itself wondrously. Mine congratulations and gratitude! *bows*

• Brohoof 2

49 minutes ago, Alexshy said:

I think the statue is gorgeous *smiles daintily* I'm the epitome of modesty, I know. But @Owlburger did the stunning work forsooth and captured the majestic moment of guarding the Night itself wondrously. Mine congratulations and gratitude! *bows*

<3

• Brohoof 1

This is some damn impressive work.  I say this without knowing whether or not you do commissions already (or even sell any art pieces), but if you don't yet, you should seriously consider doing so.  I'm not aware of that many sculpture makers in the brony artist community, so there's definitely a bit of an untapped market there.  Of course, if it's purely for your own personal pleasure as well, that's just as great, just offering my two bits.

• Brohoof 2