Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why Equestria Girls makes no sense.

Unity

So first of all we know that Pony Celestia is many many lifetimes old and Human Celestia is most likely not thousands of years old. This can be applied to quite a few things, but that means asks the question. When was the human world actually created? I am pretty sure it has been there as the alternate universe since well, forever. So that would mean that human Celestia would have to be very very old and the problem with that is although there is small amount of magic in that world nothing mentions immortal humans. This would mean that the Human world was created not too long ago, and then why was it created when it was. If the human world was created from the start than human Celestia would have died long before we see whst is taking place in EGG. I also have another topic here 

Discussing another thing that makes no sense.

What are your thoughts?

Can you explain?

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, H'rok said:

Maybe people get much older there. Remember it are no humans there. Just like Lotr people can become older. 

We dont know anything for sure.

But maybe Human Celestia is the multi-millenia year old principle.

Also, I do think there's a lack of government in their world as if magic like that was happening a cold shoulder would be the last thing the government would do.

But hey, that's just our human world.

It's a world where the humans are just as technicolored as the ponies. It was never intended to follow real-life rules and instead have a bit more freedom with how the world works compared to our reality.

My advice: Just allow it to follow its own strange rules and let the fans of this spinoff enjoy what they love about it.

• Brohoof 4

16 hours ago, Unity said:

This would mean that the Human world was created not too long ago, and then why was it created when it was.

I sense an upcoming movie... :o

There are many things you have to get past in order to enjoy Equestria Girls. I like seeing these characters in a different setting, so to me it's worth it. 

• Brohoof 2

Holy crap, dude.  I never thought about the time differential with respect to the Sisters!  We know there's a time differential of approximately ten years between the worlds.  The ponies are about ten years older than their human counterparts.  (This makes for an especially bizarre realization that Sunset is actually a 30 year old woman essentially pretending to be a high school student.)  But I never thought about the Sisters!  Damn, dude.  That's a mindf*ck.  Why would everyone else be separated by ten years, but the Sisters are....let's see, I did the math awhile back....I think the Sisters are about 1130 years old, but their human counterparts are presumably just normal-aged, adult humans.  This is either evidence of some kind of inexplicable cosmic distortion/tear in the space-time continuum, or evidence that Hasbro doesn't really think these things through and just wanted to sell dolls.  :laugh:

As for the other point in the OP, all evidence suggests that there are human counterparts for every single pony.  Actually, there are presumably counterparts for every single conscious being, period.  (Spike, for example.)  This indeed means that they could theoretically run into a pony Wallflower or Gloriosa or whoever else.  But I doubt we'll see counterparts of these one-time characters.  Maybe they'll be background easter eggs at some point.  That'd be cool.  Here's a mindblower for you: somewhere in the human world is an Ember dog!  I also wonder a lot about what happens to other species if they go through the mirror.  Like, what happens if yaks, changelings, hippogriffs, or griffons go through the mirror?  The other day, I thought I had come up with the greatest mindblower of all: what would happen if DISCORD went through the mirror?!  But then I realized that it's not a mystery, and we already know the answer:

Spoiler

Q.thumb.jpg.28a928cd2626655a33bf66b2d62544af.jpg

And before you contemplate about this, I highly doubt that Discord has a counterpart in the human world, because he's not from the pony world; he's from the Continuum.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not

14 minutes ago, Justin_Case001 said:

Holy crap, dude.  I never thought about the time differential with respect to the Sisters!  We know there's a time differential of approximately ten years between the worlds.  The ponies are about ten years older than their human counterparts.  (This makes for an especially bizarre realization that Sunset is actually a 30 year old woman essentially pretending to be a high school student.)  But I never thought about the Sisters!  Damn, dude.  That's a mindf*ck.  Why would everyone else be separated by ten years, but the Sisters are....let's see, I did the math awhile back....I think the Sisters are about 1130 years old, but their human counterparts are presumably just normal-aged, adult humans.  This is either evidence of some kind of inexplicable cosmic distortion/tear in the space-time continuum, or evidence that Hasbro doesn't really think these things through and just wanted to sell dolls.  :laugh:

Reveal hidden contents

A few points . . .

1) I'm not actually convinced the ponies are that much older than their human counterparts they just take on their responsibilities earlier than humans because they're guided by their cutie mark destinies. For instance Twilight is literally still at school when the show starts and in one episode Dash wins the "Young" flyer competition. Plus consider the huge amount of development they've gone through Twilight becoming a princess, Dash becoming a wonderbolt reserve then a full fledged member, Rarity opening boutiques in both Canterlot then Manehattan. Even the cutie mark crusaders are being consulted by adults about their childrens cutie marks and they're not even out of school yet. To me they're at best in their early twenties by this point and at worst could well be in their late teens 18/19. Still that's a topic for another thread and one I'd love to debate in.

2) With regard to Sunset remember she was at school when she first went through the portal and then spent her time in the Equestria Girls universe so unless both universes have time passing at the same rate she can't be much older than her apparent age since she's only been back to Equestria to steal the crown.

3) It gets even more fun with the comics and the other realities we see in them like the Dinosaur world. Its a big bowl of wibbley, wobbley, timey wimey with the pony Celestia being over 1,000 years old, the human being in her 30's (or also over 1,000 years old hence her casual approach to magic) and the dinosaur one being dead several million years ago.

Human Celestia is a vampire, that's my head cannon for the show. However in the show they never bothered to explain it. The most likely truth is that they just wanted to cram majority of equestrians into school, whether it makes sense or doesn't.

Edited by R.D.Dash

4 hours ago, Justin_Case001 said:

As for the other point in the OP, all evidence suggests that there are human counterparts for every single pony.  Actually, there are presumably counterparts for every single conscious being, period.  (Spike, for example.)  This indeed means that they could theoretically run into a pony Wallflower or Gloriosa or whoever else.  But I doubt we'll see counterparts of these one-time characters.  Maybe they'll be background easter eggs at some point.  That'd be cool.  Here's a mindblower for you: somewhere in the human world is an Ember dog!  I also wonder a lot about what happens to other species if they go through the mirror.  Like, what happens if yaks, changelings, hippogriffs, or griffons go through the mirror?  The other day, I thought I had come up with the greatest mindblower of all: what would happen if DISCORD went through the mirror?!  But then I realized that it's not a mystery, and we already know the answer:

Reveal hidden contents

And before you contemplate about this, I highly doubt that Discord has a counterpart in the human world, because he's not from the pony world; he's from the Continuum.

I highly doubt that the human versions are 10 years older. They are clearly in high school and there is no proof that they are 10 years older either

2 hours ago, Unity said:

I highly doubt that the human versions are 10 years older. They are clearly in high school and there is no proof that they are 10 years older either

Other way round I think they meant the my little pony versions are 10 years older than the Equestria Girl versions. Not something I agree with.

28 minutes ago, Senko said:

Other way round I think they meant the my little pony versions are 10 years older than the Equestria Girl versions. Not something I agree with.

High school does not last 10 years and it is clear that the Ponies are not older than 20 at the very most.

This could all be solved if we just assume that their government doesn't really care about magic and that human Celestia and Luna are also Magical here.

probably not the case, but meh.

9 hours ago, Justin_Case001 said:

(This makes for an especially bizarre realization that Sunset is actually a 30 year old woman essentially pretending to be a high school student.)

I like to think that, due to timeline shenanigans, Sunset is essentially still a teenager despite all the time that's passed in Equestria. 

2 hours ago, Unity said:

and it is clear that the Ponies are not older than 20 at the very most.

Is it, though? 

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, AlexanderThrond said:

I like to think that, due to timeline shenanigans, Sunset is essentially still a teenager despite all the time that's passed in Equestria. 

Is it, though? 

yes

On 8/9/2018 at 7:42 AM, JasonRatana said:

Maybe time flows faster in Equestria than the human world.

Well considering they measure time with moons and not sun rotations there is credence to that concept. 

(edited)

First year Timelord Academy stuff, really.

image.png.bba2c257a0debfc003c4bc6d09e2bb52.png

I had wondered about the time differential to, not just because of the age thing in general, but I've also noticed that the girls don't seem to mature or learn as quickly as the ponies. Going from the first film to the second, they seemed like they're locked into Season 1 personalities and quirks, such as RD pulling the plug on the game she was playing with AJ, which basically means, at the point of Rainbow Rocks, they still haven't made it to Episode 13 "Fall Weather Friends" (Running of the Leaves). Things definitely feel waaaaay slower in the EG universe.

On 8/10/2018 at 4:27 AM, Justin_Case001 said:

If you send a parasprite there, does it become a tribble?

Edited by bornAgainEquestrian
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, TheTaZe said:

@Unity Don't correct someone else and make a worthless post about it when you are doing so. Just makes you look more like a jerk.

Im not sure i understand what you are talking about.

9 minutes ago, Unity said:

Im not sure i understand what you are talking about.

I hid a post that was only you correcting another person. I don't want to talk about this right here to make this off-topic but I will talk about it through a PM if you are willing to comply.

5 minutes ago, TheTaZe said:

I hid a post that was only you correcting another person. I don't want to talk about this right here to make this off-topic but I will talk about it through a PM if you are willing to comply.

go ahead

On 8/10/2018 at 8:14 AM, Senko said:

On 8/10/2018 at 8:45 AM, Unity said:

High school does not last 10 years and it is clear that the Ponies are not older than 20 at the very most.

This could all be solved if we just assume that their government doesn't really care about magic and that human Celestia and Luna are also Magical here.

probably not the case, but meh.

Just to clarify, yes, Senko, correct: I said that the ponies are about 10 years older than the humans.  We know that the ponies are in their mid to late twenties because Fluttershy's younger brother is a college drop out, and clearly appears to be in his early twenties.  Of course, something else worth noting about virtually all animated shows is that certain aspects of time arbitrarily stand still.  E.g. the Equestria Girls have been in high school for at least twice as long as it would take to graduate.  I believe they were suppose to be seniors in the first movie, (as evident by them looking back at their old freshmen pictures when they were the little CMC size) and yet three movies later and they're still there.  Just like how Bart and Lisa have been in the 4th and 2nd grade for 30 years, and practically every season there's a last-day-of-school episode and summer vacation episode.  It's just how animated shows work.  I for one would love to see a show that breaks that mold.  For instance, I think it would have been cool if the CMC were the size of the mane 6 by now, but I just don't know if they'll ever do that in a cartoon.

On 8/11/2018 at 7:37 AM, bornAgainEquestrian said:

If you send a parasprite there, does it become a tribble?

Oh yes, absolutely:laugh:

Edited by Justin_Case001

9 hours ago, Justin_Case001 said:

Just to clarify, yes, Senko, correct: I said that the ponies are about 10 years older than the humans.  We know that the ponies are in their mid to late twenties because Fluttershy's younger brother is a college drop out, and clearly appears to be in his early twenties.  Of course, something else worth noting about virtually all animated shows is that certain aspects of time arbitrarily stand still.  E.g. the Equestria Girls have been in high school for at least twice as long as it would take to graduate.  I believe they were suppose to be seniors in the first movie, (as evident by them looking back at their old freshmen pictures when they were the little CMC size) and yet three movies later and they're still there.  Just like how Bart and Lisa have been in the 4th and 2nd grade for 30 years, and practically every season there's a last-day-of-school episode and summer vacation episode.  It's just how animated shows work.  I for one would love to see a show that breaks that mold.  For instance, I think it would have been cool if the CMC were the size of the mane 6 by now, but I just don't know if they'll ever do that in a cartoon.

There are three issues with that I can see.

1) First is that while Equestria has a lot of the same institutions as our world it doesn't necessarily mean they attend them in the same way. Take the CMC's for instance they're probably still in their teens (and would have an adolescent model if Hasbro felt it'd work on a new toy line) yet even though they are attending Cherilee's school they're also consulting with adult ponies on their foal's cutie marks, travelling long distances with limited supervision (twilight used them as an excuse to visit Mt Aeris but there was none of the constant supervision they had when younger) and even being awarded positions as tutor's at Twilight's school.

When you add in that they have both college and university + the cutie marks school it implies at least 3 levels of education school - college - university. I can't talk too much about that as its something I think America has but we only have school and university so I don't know what ages a college student normally is. I'd like too our schooling goes for a mandatory Kindergarden to year 10 (16 years old) then two optional years if your aiming for university 11 and 12 (18 years old) then 3 years university (21). So assuming your college is our 11-12 Fluttershy's brother could be 17/18 years old and that's put her again in the early 20's potentially he's 17 and her say 2x.

2) Secondly we have as I said seen a lot of evidence that put's the mane 6 at a fairly young age.

At the start of the series Twilight at least is still in school while Dash, Pinky Applejack and Rarity are working in a limited capacty (Carosel Boutque, Family Farm, Pony Ville Weather and under the cakes respectively). Given what we see with the cutie mark crusaders this could well be school age jobs all limited and in a small town. Then as the series goes on we visibly see their work expanding. Applejack starts exporting her apples to remote towns, Rarity opens 2 other Boutiques, Dash joins first the wonderbolt accademy and then becomes a full fledged wonderbolt and Pinky starts getting given more and more responsability at the cakes store even on occasion both running the store itself WHILE baby sitting the cakes foals. Maud is from what I've seen implied to be  older than Pinky yet she's only getting a PHD equivalent degree in the latest seasons.

Then there's the birthaversary of Dash in season 4 with 21 candles on her cake or her and Rarity both being able to compete in Cloudsdale best young flyer competition in season 1. Young here being from the calender year they turn 16 to the calender year they turn 21 with adult competitions being calender year 22 onwards.

3) It's specifcally mentioned by the Equestria Girls (I think in camp Everfree) that all the issues prior to that point have only take place over the course of a year and I believe the writers said from the first movie to the second was only 6 months.

MOVING ON

Now I don't deny they are older than their EG counterparts I just don't think its the 10 years mid 30's a lot of people think. To me the ponyville versions are all in their teens 16/17/18ish at the start of the series and have aged a year per season after that putting them in a 24/25/26ish range as of the current season while the Equestria Girls versions are still 16/17ish. hmm potentially 10 years afterall . . . >//<

I'm still working on time having passed but I've gotten a little distracted reading fanfics I should get back to that project.