Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lord Valtasar

• This topic was featured, pinned, unfeatured and featured

Time to see how Twilight is coming along with grading papers. Remember you have until noon. If you get one wrong she may give you a shot to fix it. 

• Brohoof 7

1 hour ago, Jeric said:

Time to see how Twilight is coming along with grading papers. Remember you have until noon. If you get one wrong she may give you a shot to fix it. 

No fair. I was asleep the whole time this was going on and only now do I hear of it. It's close to 9 my time.

Edited by Will Guide
  • Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

No fair. I was asleep the whole time this was going on and only now do I hear of it. It's close to 9 my time.

it's has been up for 15 hours,i'd say send one anyway, maybe you can still make it

• Brohoof 3

20 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

I did 10 minutes ago. Who ever is playing Twilight Sparkle better at least look at it and let me know if I pass or fail.

it takes some time to grade all these papers, just be a little patient, thank you for participating

• Brohoof 2

• This topic was unfeatured and unpinned
3 hours ago, Lord Valtasar said:

it's has been up for 15 hours,i'd say send one anyway, maybe you can still make it

Due to wide variety of timezones and whatsoever, 15 hours isn't enough. :twi:

A full sleep time (~8hrs) followed by work (8+hrs) already gives about 16 hours of being unavailable, which is more than enough to make one miss the event, that lasts as long as the one above.

The quiz was posted at around 2AM-3AM (GMT+2) for me; I noticed it right before I was going to sleep (around 5AM). I knew, that I wouldn't be able to participate if I'd decide to wait with this, because there would be work right after waking up, so I simply wouldn't have the time for that. (I'm still at work by the way :P)

Sooo... Uh, I had to cut out some of my sleep time in order to investigate and answer the questions. :muffins: It all took me about 2 or 3 hours, because I actually have watched episodes, that yield the answers etc. etc.. (cheated with wikia on the 4th one though, because I'd end up not sleeping at all) :derp: 

Don't get me wrong of course, I'm not complaining. :squee: I just wanted to say, that I understand the position which @Will Guide has found himself in, as I was close to the same situation.

All things considered, I'd suggest keeping the events happening for at least 24 hours, so that everypony would have a chance to give these a go, which could prevent from potential complaints, that timing was not fair.  :P Timezones wouldn't make any difference in that period of time, as it just would be a full day, that we all could plan. ;)

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 5

the trivia was only part of the event, we actually extended it for a whole second day for that very reason,i myself have different timezones than the US so i can understand, but running every sub-event for 24 hours would mean less events in total,and i don't think anypony wants that

• Brohoof 2

That is true. Timezones always were problematic and sadly nothing can be done about this.

If I'd be asked for an opinion, I'd say that I'd be fine with extended duration of events, where each segment could take even the whole day. That way you still would have the same amount, but just for a longer time. Not many events are there, at least at the moment, so perhaps they wouldn't stack and I believe a proper organization (thinking ahead, that is) would make it all work.

So with what I said a question would arise - Which would be better - slow paced events, where the Twilight Day could last multiple days, for example; Or potential complaints on not being able to participate in some? :ooh:

There already was that problem and judging by what you said, you extended the event anyway, instead of telling the member to deal with it, so perhaps that could be something to consider? :twi:

Either way, I was just sharing some thoughts, nothing else. :rarity:

Edited by Rikifive
Typos - this is an event; gotta find them all...
  • Brohoof 5

1 minute ago, Rikifive said:

If I'd be asked for an opinion, I'd say that I'd be fine with extended duration of events, where each segment could take even the whole day. That way you still would have the same amount, but just for a longer time. Not many events are there, at least at the moment, so I believe a proper organization (thinking ahead, that is) would make it all work.

So with what I said a question would arise - Which would be better - slow paced events, where the Twilight Day could last multiple days, for example; Or potential complaints on not being able to participate in some? :ooh:

some events will lose their flair if they last for too long, that said, we do have events that will last longer, like the World Cup e.g. thank you for the feedback, its always appreciated

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, Lord Valtasar said:

some events will lose their flair if they last for too long, that said, we do have events that will last longer, like the World Cup e.g. thank you for the feedback, its always appreciated

But that way at least something would be happening every single day. :laugh: Just kidding;

You've got a point there. That's a quite tough choice I have to say.

It's just that I'm kind of worried, it's not nice to see ponies disappointed, heh.

Either way, I'll quit bothering you with this.

• Brohoof 3

• The topic was locked