Jump to content
Banner by ~ SFyr

A Returning Pony


Legulus
 Share

Recommended Posts

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

pinkie-pie

How did you find MLP Forums?

Way back, when I first got into the fandom after being introduced to it by some fellow roleplayers, I searched for a community that shared my passion for fictional horses. MLP Forums was one of those communities, and I promptly joined it. Just recently, I decided to return to the cult of horse worshippers, and remembered that MLP Forums was a cult site I partook in in the past. That brings me here.

How you became a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

As described in the previous question's answer, I was introduced to the show and its fandom by some people I roleplayed with. At first, I was skeptical about it. Even after watching the first episode, I was unsure. I kept watching, though, and I believe it was by the end of the third episode that I really started enjoying the show. This was way back when the fandom was just starting up.

Hello, everynyan! Everypony? Everyone? I want to be inclusive here. 

I'm Legulus, as I would sure hope you can gather by my username. You can call me whatever you like, though. People tend to call me "Leg," or some other derivative of my username, but I've even had some others call me "Mocha." Strange, I know. I assure you, there's context behind that. I may not remember what that context is, but it exists. Anyway, I'm a 21-year-old boi from the frozen, barren wastelands of Canadia. I'm in dire need of Tim Hortons. Please ship a store to my igloo, eh?

Did you know that I have interests and hobbies? Shocking, I know. I'm a true man of culture that embraces the land of animu. Praise waifus, and the two-dimensional realm. I love things that make me think, including strategy games, philosophy, etc. I'm a huge music fan. Yes, I can name five of their albums. No, I won't do it, b-but I totally can. I listen to just about anything, besides opera and country. Sure, there are some genres I don't listen to all that often, but I still listen to all genres that I know of besides the previous excluded ones. My favourites include more melodic styles of extreme metal subgenres, and EDM. I've recently decided to start writing some music myself. I haven't come out with anything yet, but I hope to do so soon. I sing, scream, play guitar (though I can't quite record or produce it properly for musical works at this point), and, well, write tunes. I also write poetry. Hopefully, I'll even get to a novel sometime. 

I was a member of this fandom many years ago, but I stopped watching the show, and distanced myself from the community after season 3 ended. I'm only just now returning to the community after I randomly decided to dive back in for a nostalgia trip. I was just listening to some of the show's songs, and it really surprised me when I was pushed to the verge of tears while listening to the season 3 finale's songs. I dived further down, first to season 2, and then to season 1, and I found that it was a very emotional experience for me. I was smiling, and near-crying. It was great. 10/10 would recommend. The nostalgia was real. Those emotions were a huge deal for me because it's so rare that I feel much of anything nowadays. So, because of that experience, I've decided that I'd get back to watching the show eventually. I can't wait to marathon all of seasons 4, 5, 6, and 7 whenever I get to it. I'm curious, though. How would everyone here compare those seasons to the first three? 

Best horse is Sweetie Belle, A.K.A. mini marshmallow. I will fite over her. I'll apologize afterwards, because I'm Canadian, but I will fite you.

So, I'm not sure how long I'll be staying, but I hope it'll be for a while. I'd like to make some friends here. Please?  Please? Please?

:catface: Yes.



 

  • Brohoof 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Hello there, old timer! I'm glad to see someone who has given the show another shot! We are still kicking here even after your multi-year hiatus so don't worry about that! You arrived on Twilight Day too so, just go and look at our events today so you can get yourself a badge or two!

Anyways, welcome back and I hope you take a gander at our community guidelines! :fluttershy:

  • Brohoof 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites


That was beautifully constructed post a joy to look upon it and read. Very informative yet still keeping some distance. Pacing is well done as well usually I don't find myself get immersed in texts like these but this time there was something in there.

You have my respect for that.

Also glad to see you here in the community of MLP  and ponies :)

  • Brohoof 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Hello there! ^_^ 

I've never left the fandom, nor even take a break, but I already have nostalgic feels towards the first seasons and the first fanworks I saw. :P So I know what you mean. :muffins:

Good times... Many things have changed. :P

Welcome back to the herd! :) 

  • Brohoof 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, TheTaZe said:

Hello there, old timer! I'm glad to see someone who has given the show another shot! We are still kicking here even after your multi-year hiatus so don't worry about that! You arrived on Twilight Day too so, just go and look at our events today so you can get yourself a badge or two!

Anyways, welcome back and I hope you take a gander at our community guidelines! :fluttershy:

Thanks! I will most definitely try to get those shiny badges. They'll make fine additions to my collection. *Coughs*

I've already looked through the guidelines. No worries there. I'll only break the rules when the mods are offline. ;)

57 minutes ago, Entoma Vasilissa Zeta said:

That was beautifully constructed post a joy to look upon it and read. Very informative yet still keeping some distance. Pacing is well done as well usually I don't find myself get immersed in texts like these but this time there was something in there.

You have my respect for that.

Also glad to see you here in the community of MLP  and ponies :)

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Writing is a hobby of mine, and if I didn't garner your respect through it, things wouldn't have been pleasant. By the way, what's your profile picture? I've found myself drawn to it.

57 minutes ago, .Wolfe. said:

Welcome back, you! 3jcxwge.png 
sorry if I don't remember you :sunny: But welcome back anyway! uSzaAbr.png

Oh, it's fine! I wasn't exactly an active member of the community nor this forum, and I was only around, like, five years ago. I certainly wouldn't expect anyone to remember me. Thank you~

54 minutes ago, Pr0m4NV14 said:

Hey, sir and/or madam. welcome back! Glad to see returning faces here. 

Sweetie Belle sure is the best pony . Nothing can beat her cuteness, eh?

I am a sir, you blessed birb. Thanks! 

Indeed, Sweetie Belle's cuteness trumps all. Anyone that claims otherwise is a heretic.

54 minutes ago, Califorum said:

I swear your name is familar, welcome back! Feel free to pm me if you want to talk.

Is it? Then the subliminal messaging I've had you exposed to has worked! In all seriousness, I sadly can't say that I find your name familiar, but now that I've seen you around, I can start saying that in the future. I may or may not spam you via PMs. 

33 minutes ago, Admiral Regulus said:

Welcome back!

Your name... lol. Its similarities to mine are uncanny.

Ah, Admiral Regulus. It would seem that our paths crossing was fate. Let us hope that we do not have to cross blades on the battlefield. I would much prefer for the kingdoms of Legulus and Regulus to be at peace.

Thank you, though.

24 minutes ago, Jeric said:

You win coolest welcome back post ever! 

Thanks for giving this site the show a second look. Man that noslagia is comfy like a warm blanket. 

Ayyyyyy. Nice, nice. I aim to please.

Yes, the nostalgia is comforting. I'm glad I decided to try it out once more myself.

---------

I'm hesitant on quoting Sparklefan's response because it contains a video. I don't want to make this post any bigger than it has to be. Thanks, though! I am, in fact, a Cranky Doodle. :yeahno:

----------

Thank you, all, for the welcomes! You’ll all be treated warmly when the Canadian world conquest begins. Or, at least, as warmly as we freezing Canadians can muster. 
 

 

Edited by Legulus
Forgot a word.
  • Brohoof 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, Legulus said:

Oh? Well, then, @Rikifive. Fite me. There can be only one of us. You may have welcomed me, and I appreciate that, but I refuse to be compared to another. :eww: 

XZnT1To.png

I've got a first serious enemy? How exciting! :yay:

But... I don't want to disappoint you, but that approach won't get you far. :fiery: Instead, have you considered, perhaps, working together? :ooh: You mentioned breaking rules only when the mods are offline and you know, this is pretty lame. The best part in breaking rules is when they actually see that.
wwVNt9j.png

Soooooooo, we could work together to come up with TOP 10 MLP FORUMS PRANKS THAT WENT TOO FAR. :love: Doesn't that sound amazing? :umad:

If you're interested, scroll down the page to the very bottom please. Do you see that forest to the left? Yep, that one; Let's go there to talk about details. :ph3ar:

 

Just kidding, I ain't going anywhere. :D 

  • teacup 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 8/9/2018 at 1:41 PM, Legulus said:

Hello, everynyan! Everypony? Everyone? I want to be inclusive here. 

I'm Legulus, as I would sure hope you can gather by my username. You can call me whatever you like, though. People tend to call me "Leg," or some other derivative of my username, but I've even had some others call me "Mocha." Strange, I know. I assure you, there's context behind that. I may not remember what that context is, but it exists. Anyway, I'm a 21-year-old boi from the frozen, barren wastelands of Canadia. I'm in dire need of Tim Hortons. Please ship a store to my igloo, eh?

Did you know that I have interests and hobbies? Shocking, I know. I'm a true man of culture that embraces the land of animu. Praise waifus, and the two-dimensional realm. I love things that make me think, including strategy games, philosophy, etc. I'm a huge music fan. Yes, I can name five of their albums. No, I won't do it, b-but I totally can. I listen to just about anything, besides opera and country. Sure, there are some genres I don't listen to all that often, but I still listen to all genres that I know of besides the previous excluded ones. My favourites include more melodic styles of extreme metal subgenres, and EDM. I've recently decided to start writing some music myself. I haven't come out with anything yet, but I hope to do so soon. I sing, scream, play guitar (though I can't quite record or produce it properly for musical works at this point), and, well, write tunes. I also write poetry. Hopefully, I'll even get to a novel sometime. 

I was a member of this fandom many years ago, but I stopped watching the show, and distanced myself from the community after season 3 ended. I'm only just now returning to the community after I randomly decided to dive back in for a nostalgia trip. I was just listening to some of the show's songs, and it really surprised me when I was pushed to the verge of tears while listening to the season 3 finale's songs. I dived further down, first to season 2, and then to season 1, and I found that it was a very emotional experience for me. I was smiling, and near-crying. It was great. 10/10 would recommend. The nostalgia was real. Those emotions were a huge deal for me because it's so rare that I feel much of anything nowadays. So, because of that experience, I've decided that I'd get back to watching the show eventually. I can't wait to marathon all of seasons 4, 5, 6, and 7 whenever I get to it. I'm curious, though. How would everyone here compare those seasons to the first three? 

Best horse is Sweetie Belle, A.K.A. mini marshmallow. I will fite over her. I'll apologize afterwards, because I'm Canadian, but I will fite you.

So, I'm not sure how long I'll be staying, but I hope it'll be for a while. I'd like to make some friends here. Please?  Please? Please?

:catface: Yes.

Greetings and welcome, o acolyte of the equine!

Surely with you among our ranks the world stands no chance against our grim march of iron and death and hugs.

Not that it would've stood a chance even with you directly opposing us, but that's no ill reflection upon your strategic value; the Legion are relentless and the Legion are eternal.

Key among your warfare-worthy traits are your citizenship in the glorious Canadian Empire (*salutes flag, brushing away manly tear*),  purported skill in thinkering (around here we call subjectivists 'kindling'), awe-inspiring art powers (the closest any mortal can ever come to creating universes at will), ability to scream quasi-melodically (that will come in handy if you're a subjectivist and also if you're not), and allegiance to the one and only true Best Pony's sister.

I am more than willing to assist in your training, if friendships alliances you indeed desire (failing to desire them is heresy; just saying).

Enjoy your bleak future as we grind you into tear-streaked dust to further the cause of Harmony! :icwudt:

 

Protip: One of the Seven Words of All-Consuming Might is 'floccinaucinihilipilification'. Its written form is common knowledge, and if you utter it as it is meant to be said you will gain immeasurable power, but if you pronounce so much as a single vowel wrong you'll implode into a pulp of innards. Not many people want to risk it when they first enlist, but it's your only ticket out of here either way.

Edited by Duality
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...