Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you believe in Soulmates?

Changeling Neon

I guess I do on some level, but at the same time not really? People can find each other perfect but I still don't think that being in a relationship has to do with being "meant for each other". People are naturally imperfect and have flaws so I honestly don't think that there are people that are absolutely perfect together. I also don't like the sound of soulmates when it's made to sound like there's just one special chance only and if you miss that, you're done for.

I definitely believe in soulmates. It's all about having chemistry with someone; it can be a friend, spouse or even a pet. If there's a special deep connection you are soulmates. I don't think of soulmates as a one-time deal where you get one chance and that's it; there are too many people and too many possibilities for that. You don't even have to be the one perfect someone to have that special connection. I believe that people can have many soulmates. 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

in a way yes, I just don't believe that you are destined to meet your soulmate, a person can live there whole life without finding there soulmate.

In my eyes a soulmate is that special someone whom you can really be yourself around, someone who no mater what they will be by you're side and will do there very best to help you through the tough parts of your life, someone who you hang out with and normally have a great time, there will probably be moments where you and your soulmate may argue and it may get heated, lets be realistic no relationship is 100% perfect but if you are real soulmates you will make up and continue making great memories, but I don't believe that soulmates are supernatural i believe that the word soulmate is a metaphor for the special someone you want to spend your life and maybe even eternity with if you believe in an afterlife of sorts.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

To be slightly nihilistic and morbid here, it's been proven humans are wired up to not like monogamy, so 'Soul Mates' just makes you realise how fake the world is and how we were kinda brainwashed into believing things like marriage for life and soul mates being the right way to live happily is the ONLY right route, I say let people do whatever they want as long as it hurts no one, people demonise being single by choice far too much in my eyes.

• Brohoof 1

I have to be honest with myself.... I do. And I only realised that, fully after I found my husband. It sounds cheesy and corny, but hey, he changed my outlook. Other relationships I've been in, while painful at the time, didn't leave a long-term stamp on me. Even when I was with them, I would often not find my life without them all that scary. But the idea of my life without my husband....now that is one of the few things that utterly terrifies me.  As much as he's helped me grow into the person I am today, how he's made me better and brightened up a very depression-riddled life---I am forever grateful to him. To be more honest, if it weren't for him, I don't know if I'd be sitting here and typing this. I owe him my life. So yes, I feel a great and very real connection with my husband. One that'd I'd die for.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...