Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What were your hobbies when you were a kid?

Reecejackox

As a kid I used to play outside with my friends everyday, usually near the playground as there were many things to do there such as playing soccer, hide 'n seek etc. We also played a lot of Pokemon on the Nintendo DS. We used to take them to school and trade Pokemons with each other.

• Brohoof 2

I had a nice balance of video games and outdoor activities as a kid. I enjoyed bike riding, wondering thru the woods, pellet gun target practice, and driving my go-kart. After dark, I played my favorite games on my SNES and later PS2 til bed time.

Is saying that I was too busy being a kid to have or even think of any hobbies a valid answer? Because that's mainly what I did.

But if I think about it really hard, I think me and me friends used to collect Power Rangers stickers. We once went to the local store, all gathered any money we had and bought entire pack of bubble gum, like 200. Eating them took us a while, and we still didn't find the most rare one even once.

I was doing all kinds of things with a girl in elementary school, playing stuff in the garden, swimming, elementary school was more fun then all school afterwards. As a very little child I had a weird obsession with touching rails, so random, kids are weird lol.

I guess my biggest hobby as a kid was playing pretend or going outside and catching frogs/lizards/grasshoppers/lovebugs/ stuff like that. Now I see where my little sister gets it from. :laugh: 

But yeah, really anything that involved me being outdoors and/or with my siblings. :D We would do literally everything together, and still do. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

I loved to dress up and sometimes act out scenes from movies with my sister. We were really good at it and had the dialog down pat. It was also a lot of fun to draw, paint, make up stories and play with Barbie (who made an interesting combo with my 12" Star Wars figures). 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

When i was a kid my principal hobbie was draw I have a lot of comics that i have made with 9 years old, today I still draw, and much better with programs, but i have other hobbies too 

I didn’t really have any hobbies as a child. I kept to myself and found all the entertainment I needed in playing with my toys.

• Brohoof 1

I had a variety of hobbies. I think the most prominent in my childhood was drawing. I drew a lot, including my own comics like in the newspaper. I also liked playing with my doll house and *gasp* actually playing outside (even during the summer) with a child friend I had at the time. I know, me being outside is just such a stark contrast to me today that it is such a shock that it was ever a thing. I also got into video games, which became bigger for me the older I got, pretty much peaking at age 13/14 when I was devastated by my Animal Crossing GCN town corrupting and thinking it was the end of the world. In the latter years of my childhood I started getting into music, too. I started on trumpet, I didn't start playing woodwinds until my teen years. Although when cleaning my closet several years back I found something I had written indicating that I wanted to play flute and clarinet around the same time I started playing trumpet. That took me by surprise. lol

I actually really liked to be outside, until I discovered videogames, and they became my new obsession. It started with MechWarrior 2, then Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, Terraria, and then Skyrim. I never wanted to do anything else.

I still really like videogames, but I've got other stuff I enjoy now.

Edited by Zephyr / Karou