Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky
Message added by Jeric

Warning, there will likely be spoilers in the Episode discussion threads so venture in at your own peril. 

So how was the episode?  

104 users have voted

1. 1. So how was the episode?

• Loved it as much Rainbow and Scoots' sisterly love for eachother! (5/5)
    • Let's hang some posters of how awesome this episode was! (4/5)
    • I'm thinking of a change of fanclubs (3/5)
    • Bad like LD! (2/5)
    • Is that why they called this episode "The Washouts", represents the washed out writing this episode had? (1/5)

Title: The Washouts

Release Dates: September 8, 2018 (official US Discovery Family airdate)

Writer: Nick Confalone (my mane man)

Synopsis: "When Scootaloo becomes enamored with The Washouts, a touring group of stunt ponies, Rainbow Dash is concerned for her safety and worries that Scoot's days as her number one fan are over."

Could be alot of feels in this episode, I presume! This is the only episode where Discovery Family hasn't released any sneak peek sketch footage, so we're probably in for a real treat! :D 

Episode Link

• Brohoof 2

11 minutes ago, TBD said:

oh oh.... an overprotective RD. :yeahno: Who are you? and what you have done to RD?

Actual Character Development for Rainbow after some of the last few episodes in the past few years had her regress back to being selfish and inconsiderate.

• Brohoof 7

This episode sounds like it could be an easy classic, but so did Newbie Dash and we all know how that turned out :yeahno:. It could be a great development for RD, but some have speculated that it sounds like yet another MMDW(which it does) and I swear if the writers have the fucking balls to pull that shit yet again that just might be the breaking point for me. I want to be excited but I'm gonna remain cautious and at the very least hope it's an improved SPTWOM

Just for the love of Christ this one sounds like it could be amazing, please don't fuck it up 

27 minutes ago, TBD said:

oh oh.... an overprotective RD. :yeahno: Who are you? and what you have done to RD?

After bullshit no one wanted like Newbie Dash, 28 Pranks Later, and NCC, this development is more than welcome

• Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, This Whomps said:

This episode sounds like it could be an easy classic, but so did Newbie Dash and we all know how that turned out :yeahno:. It could be a great development for RD, but some have speculated that it sounds like yet another MMDW(which it does) and I swear if the writers have the fucking balls to pull that shit yet again that just might be the breaking point for me. I want to be excited but I'm gonna remain cautious and at the very least hope it's an improved SPTWOM

Just for the love of Christ this one sounds like it could be amazing, please don't fuck it up 

After bullshit no one wanted like Newbie Dash, 28 Pranks Later, and NCC, this development is more than welcome

To be fair with you, I actually didn't dislike Newbie Dash. I keep on hearing about people hating on Season 6 and it has personally confused me. I didn't even think Season 6 was that bad. Then again, I don't really hate any season or any episode. Sure, there has been meh episodes but Newbie Dash really isn't one of them.

• Brohoof 6

10 hours ago, This Whomps said:

What do you mean by SPTWOM?

3 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

I want to watch that episode already. More Scootie the Cutie, and it was suggested that Lighting Dust will return here, and I wanna find out 

Could be she is part of the washouts, but I don't dare to believe. It seems not quite fitting somehow, but I hope you're right. :dash:

2 hours ago, Will Guide said:

What do you mean by SPTWOM?

Somepony To Watch Over Me

An episode I actually like quite a bit but can understand people’s issues such as how overprotective AJ was

13 hours ago, This Whomps said:

13 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Actual Character Development for Rainbow after some of the last few episodes in the past few years had her regress back to being selfish and inconsiderate.

I'm not quite sure what's the problem in 28 pranks later beside the part when others who can't take a joke. I don't  see RD as being a jerk.  I get that RD is selfish and inconsiderate and have no problem about her mature a bit but "overprotective" RD? Tell me that doesn't sound like RD. Since when RD is strict about that?

And I have noticed that s8 heavily implied (in a joking way) that RD has becoming a less of a thrill seeker. The students joked about it and the even the elder mares. I'd agreed with them if it wasn't a joke.

I'm not saying it's wrong to be careful while doing stunts but I'm getting the feeling RD is going to be overprotective, which is out of her character. 

Edited by TBD

This episode will be fun. I don't know who are '' The Washouts '', but we just have to wait for its release in the next month. I cannot wait anymore. The year is almost ends, and they could change the hours and change the hours as they were until March. We would take a lot and it would be sad.

Edited by Van123

9 hours ago, TBD said:

I'm not quite sure what's the problem in 28 pranks later beside the part when others who can't take a joke. I don't  see RD as being a jerk.  I get that RD is selfish and inconsiderate and have no problem about her mature a bit but "overprotective" RD? Tell me that doesn't sound like RD. Since when RD is strict about that?. 

It's not overprotectiveness, it's because Scootie the Cutie it's looking up to new role models and not her. Also, if that suggestion of Lightning Dust being a member is true, it's another reason to fuel Dashie's issues 

8 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

It's not overprotectiveness, it's because Scootie the Cutie it's looking up to new role models and not her. Also, if that suggestion of Lightning Dust being a member is true, it's another reason to fuel Dashie's issues 

what you say might be  true but it's also because of overprotectiveness.

"Dash is concerned for her safety and worries that Scoot's days as her number one fan are over."

2 minutes ago, TBD said:

what you say might be  true but it's also because of overprotectiveness.

"Dash is concerned for her safety and worries that Scoot's days as her number one fan are over."

Because Scootaloo's her protege and may do stunts that can really hurt her if not careful. Dash showed to having limits regarding reckless flying and stunts in the past.

2 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Because Scootaloo's her protege and may do stunts that can really hurt her if not careful. Dash showed to having limits regarding reckless flying and stunts in the past.

True, but I do not want a repeat of "somepony watching over me" episode. There's a different between being protective and overprotective.  If  they have RD being concern without being overprotective, then I couldn't complain.  So we'll see. 

Just now, TBD said:

True, but I do not want a repeat of "somepony watching over me" episode. There's a different between being protective and overprotective.  If  they have RD being concern without being overprotective, then I couldn't complain.  So we'll see. 

I'd rather have a character be overprotective if given the right reason. AJ's trigger made no sense (and in fact showed to be overbearing to begin Act 1). Dash's reason might be justified here, but we'll have to see.

• Brohoof 2

Rainbow Dash really hasn't done anything new to wow and tends to reuse the old I can do a Sonic Rainboom stunt. To Scootaloo, RD could just be boring now.

Right now RD has a weather job, Wonderbolts, friendship quests, and teaching school. Sounds like little time with Scootaloo.

Edited by Singe

On 8/11/2018 at 11:40 AM, H'rok said:

Could be she is part of the washouts, but I don't dare to believe. It seems not quite fitting somehow, but I hope you're right. :dash:

On 8/11/2018 at 11:21 AM, cmarston1 said:

Sounds interesting.  Crossing my fingers that Lighting Dust returns and or we get to see Scootaloo's lesbian aunts.

Big, ASS, spoiler

Spoiler

LIGHTING DUST DID RETURN :squee:

large.png

• Brohoof 2

I haven't been able to watch the French version for obvious reasons, but someone translated the script, and there's some to discuss already.

Spoiler
  1. One of my predictions came true: Lightning Dust returns and leads the Washouts. Unfortunately, Wind Rider doesn't. There are two others: Rolling Thunder (a mare) and Short Fuse (a stallion). LD's fate was also sealed: expulsion from the WB. RT was expelled for recklessly flying during a massive thunderstorm, SF for his combative temper.
  2. The Washouts are a group of highly intense, extreme fliers who care quite little about others' safety. For the climax, the stunt was really dangerous and completely unprepared for. Dust even explicitly showed lack of care for safety.
  3. Scootaloo became suckered in for the extreme stunts and faux-welcoming atmosphere of The Washouts, who gave her a tryout despite her inability to fly.
  4. Her disability's not just addressed, but flat-out stated. She admitted to never being able to be a Wonderbolt as a result of being a flightless pegasus. This was something I guessed, but didn't predict it to happen.

Here's the translation: https://pastebin.com/ZqJpRV6Q

Edited by Dark Qiviut

3 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Big, ASS, spoiler

Hide contents

LIGHTING DUST DID RETURN :squee:

large.png

Spoiler

Ohmygosh Ohmygosh Ohmygosh! :ph3ar: After all this time she finally returned!

Edited by H'rok