Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sparky Hoof

As of fourty two minutes before this post, MLP Forums has received it's fourty thousand and ninth member. I just want to say congratulations to the forums for having a thriving community that has lasted so long and to all fourty thousand and nine fellow bronies who have shared this experience with each other. This place has changed over the years in both structure and staff, along with the many lives it has changed. Good job MLP Forums; let's start counting to fifty thousand and then one million members!! :balloon:

• Brohoof 10

53 minutes ago, Error 404 said:

40k has been broken ages ago newest member is 44 242nd member the count in the bottom is missing banned members I think 

I thought their finger slipped and hit 4 instead of 5 for a sec. Also, that's kind of sad that roughly 1 out of 11 members get banned. Not terribly high but higher than I expected.

• Brohoof 2

7 hours ago, Error 404 said:

40k has been broken ages ago newest member is 44 242nd member the count in the bottom is missing banned members I think 

Spammers, banned members, and house elves are not counted in the final totals.  

Also moving to feedback. 

• Brohoof 4

While it's impressive that the site has more than 40000 members, I'm actually glad that absolutely everyone isn't active. I can just imagine the pandemonium if they were.

9 hours ago, Snow Frostflame said:

Now the real question.... how many of those users are actually active?

I was wondering for the same thing, having so many members but only few who are active makes this achievement felt empty. :/

• Brohoof 1

18 minutes ago, ChB said:

What are house elves?

Hmmm... Maybe this one, it's the most suitable thing I can find from urban dictionary.

House Elf :

Someone who obeys people of higher authority without question or concern for what is right or wrong. This person usually hangs around the authority figure trying to please them at any cost.

• Brohoof 1

Admittedly, 40k is pretty impressive. I agree with Jaspers up here, I am much more of a fan of a tight knit community then one that would have hundreds of members possibly breaking the rules while doing so. Would be a moderation nightmare. But hey, around a 100 daily members is still not a small feat! :muffins:

• Brohoof 1

43 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Dobby is sad. 

:laugh:

But seriously, what did you mean by “house elves” not counting as members? If I have to guess, they are duplicate accounts.

6 hours ago, Jaspers said:

While it's impressive that the site has more than 40000 members, I'm actually glad that absolutely everyone isn't active. I can just imagine the pandemonium if they were.

Yeah, that would be a chaos, and impossible to handle for the staff. :dash:

20 minutes ago, TBD said:

I, member #3156 reporting to duty!

And also I, member #39740 reports for duty. :3

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, ChB said:

:laugh:

But seriously, what did you mean by “house elves” not counting as members? If I have to guess, they are duplicate accounts.

Just me being silly and name dropping a random fantasy creature ... this has no subtext. Though I suppose I am known for that. :P

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, Lord Midnight Madness said:

Whats funny is sometimes if you got to the bottom of the forums page you'll see sometimes 200 guests online to. My theory is there bronies that are afraid to make a user or people who are curious about mlp.

Or that they may just be web crawlers or spiders. Plus, I'm pretty sure quite a few of them are just people who have accounts already but are too lazy to log in. :derp:

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, TheTaZe said:

Or that they may just be web crawlers or spiders. Plus, I'm pretty sure quite a few of them are just people who have accounts already but are too lazy to log in. :derp:

That could be man but you never know I surfed the forums for a week with no account because I thought it would be weird to have an account . I'm glad I created one though

Edited by Lord Midnight Madness
  • Brohoof 1

23 hours ago, Snow Frostflame said:

Now the real question.... how many of those users are actually active?

Enough to keep this forum fun and active, and that's what matters. ^^

• Brohoof 1