Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Flash Sentry

LucasB

I absolutely, entirely, completely, definitely, unquestionably, truly HATE Brad Flash for trying to steal Twilight. :bea:Even the writers knew he was a mistake and that's why he appears less in the more recent EQG films. Even his pony version isn't seen much. And according to M.A. Larson, Flash was supposed make an appearance and ask Cranky why no one likes him. :-D

• Brohoof 2

16 hours ago, Midnight Solace said:

I absolutely, entirely, completely, definitely, unquestionably, truly HATE Brad Flash for trying to steal Twilight. :bea:Even the writers knew he was a mistake and that's why he appears less in the more recent EQG films. Even his pony version isn't seen much. And according to M.A. Larson, Flash was supposed make an appearance and ask Cranky why no one likes him. :-D

Flash Sentry should go and have a FrIeNdLy ChAt

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Twilight has always been a career girl first in the eyes of the writers. All those later seasons after the EG movie shows she's been occupied with friendship work.

Edited by Singe

• 2 weeks later...

Flash is probably the only long-term character that didn’t improve with time. He went from Stereotypical High School Musical Love Interest to Leonard Hofstadter 2.0 (with extra floundering!) and there wasn’t even a happy medium during the transition.

I mean, even friggin’ Stonerwood has more depth than him now.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2018 at 8:03 AM, shyabetes3939 said:

Because as far as love interests go, he sucked. His sole purpose was to be a cliche crush for Twilight, and he had and still has all the personality of a piece of cardboard.

Speaking of which, Timber is even worse...

Finally someone who agrees that Timber Spruce is even worse than Flash!

But yeah, as far as I can tell, characters who are introduced to be a love interest of an established character are usually made of cardboard, personality wise.

The way that I've always looked at potential love interests within a story is that there needs to be some history between the characters that build up to that interest. The thing that I found with both Flash Sentry and Timber Spruce was that they were just thrown in as love interests without any development leading up to it. It kind of shot their characters in the foot resulting in what some have said, 'their personalities being made of cardboard'. Just BLAM! these guys are love interests! But that's really all that irked me about Flash Sentry initially and by extension, Timber Spruce.

On 12/1/2018 at 11:39 PM, Treeglow Flicker said:

The way that I've always looked at potential love interests within a story is that there needs to be some history between the characters that build up to that interest. The thing that I found with both Flash Sentry and Timber Spruce was that they were just thrown in as love interests without any development leading up to it. It kind of shot their characters in the foot resulting in what some have said, 'their personalities being made of cardboard'. Just BLAM! these guys are love interests! But that's really all that irked me about Flash Sentry initially and by extension, Timber Spruce.

I do agree that love at first sight does come off as a cheap gimmick compared to how the series handles friendship. Past that, the other problem is that they're rushing it straight to kissing attempts.

• Brohoof 1