Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

EqG and Changelings

Soaring Symphony

I once read a fanfic where the EQG version of Changelings are like a shady mafia gang. They may not shapeshift  (assuming no Equestrian Magic falls in their grasp), but the fanfic paints them as masters of identity theft and giving falsified identity papers to those who do business with them.

• Brohoof 4

1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

I once read a fanfic where the EQG version of Changelings are like a shady mafia gang. They may not shapeshift  (assuming no Equestrian Magic falls in their grasp), but the fanfic paints them as masters of identity theft and giving falsified identity papers to those who do business with them.

This actually sounds like a very interesting take on the matter.

Sadly, I have to agree with everyone else. If Changelings in EqG would be canon, they will most likely just be in their regular form, but I could see them as some kind of actors or cosplayers. I mean, they would be pretty great at this.

The changelings as humans would be disadvantaged like the minorities of the US, Britain, and other developed countries. I wouldn't be so surprised to see them poor and hated in school as well as dealing with animosity from others, although I do also see the changelings doing positive deeds in the human world. 

6 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Drop a link to that please. This fanfic you have mentioned has really interest me and I want read it. :o

18 minutes ago, TransitPony said:

The changelings as humans would be disadvantaged like the minorities of the US, Britain, and other developed countries. I wouldn't be so surprised to see them poor and hated in school as well as dealing with animosity from others, although I do also see the changelings doing positive deeds in the human world. 

Drop a link to that please. This fanfic you have mentioned has really interest me and I want read it. :o

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/309780/integration

The fanfiction is called Intergration and it deviants from the main show starting with a different outcome to the Season 5 finale. Its short prequel, Aftermath of the Games, should be read first.

Edited by Will Guide
  • Brohoof 1

had this exact topic discussed on a status update recently, to summarise, i think that they'll be able to, now that there is a crack on top of the portal and everyone seems to be getting magic slowly but steady(the mane 7 have it, and trixie also used magic to teleport out of the locked door)

Traditional changelings would probably hang in back alleys selling gem stones (slow down rarity not those kind of gems) 

Thorax's changelings would probably turn into liberal art majors at college, hangin in coffee shops talking about how essential oils will save the world. 

• Brohoof 1

Changelings in the human world would be insane, I wonder what the plot would be. "Give friendship, don't take?"

"Emotional Vampirism & You"

Edited by D.R Oatz

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Would they also feed on love?
I think they would just look like weird humans (with a lot of holes in them), but not have any special abilities.