Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favourite fan songs?

Ezynell

• 2 months later...

"The Pony Fan Music Thread" has been merged with "Pony Music", as they're more duplicates.

Here's a pair of ones I love.

The orchestral version of this song is great too.

"Princess, the lesson I learned today is that sometimes everything...just fades away."

• 3 weeks later...

SLAP!

I'm not partial to only instrumental music like most of the brony music. Nice song with no meaning or real correlation to Carrot Top. My husband hates this and says it's Dubstep and in that case, it's the only dubstep song I like.

~

• 1 month later...

This is a  must must watch on my list.  probably one of the most beautiful pieces i've ever heard.  it's for those of you who feel like you have to hide your brony status from the world  it's also for those of you who have been ridiculed for being different.  and not just because you watch MLP.  the first few seconds or so is forest rain talking about his inspiration for the song.  it will give you inspiration for hte song.  oh man oh man that song gives me a major case of the feels.

• 2 months later...

Well, I already have some.

1. Avast Fluttershy's

2. Discord

3. The Gypsy Bard

3. Love me Cheerilee

4. Loyalty

5. Magic

6. My little pony Alex Sremix

7. Nightmare Night

8. One Trick Pony

9. Pinkie's Brew

10. Sister  Hate

11. Beyond her Tomb.

These are my favorites, but I want new ones!

Can you please recommend some to a bored brony? Would love some Debstep, but I would like all genres.

Thanks and bro hoof /)

• Brohoof 1

There is way too many I can choose, but I can recommend a select few.

1. AcoustiMandoPony's sequel of "Loyalty," "Kindness." It's a soft rock song, but extremely well-done with a great melody.
  2. Ponyphonic's "Lullaby for a Princess." A song with only the piano as its background. Sad, but beautifully composed.
  3. Yourenigma's "Canterlot Wedding," an orchestral song.
  4. "Awoken," by both H8_Seed and Wooden Toaster.
  5. "Great to Be Different," by Forest Rain.
  6. "My Cadence."
  7. "Anthropology," by AwkwardMarina.
  8. "Picture Perfect Pony," by MandoPony.
  • Brohoof 2

There is way too many I can choose, but I can recommend a select few.

1. AcoustiMandoPony's sequel of "Loyalty," "Kindness." It's a soft rock song, but extremely well-done with a great melody.
  2. Ponyphonic's "Lullaby for a Princess." A song with only the piano as its background. Sad, but beautifully composed.
  3. Yourenigma's "Canterlot Wedding," an orchestral song.
  4. "Awoken," by both H8_Seed and Wooden Toaster.
  5. "Great to Be Different," by Forest Rain.
  6. "My Cadence."
  7. "Anthropology," by AwkwardMarina.
  8. "Picture Perfect Pony," by MandoPony.

Those sound awesome man! Thanks a lot! I know what I'll be doing tonight! I've heard of Awoken and Picture Perfect Pony, but never listened to them.

Thanks and bro hoof /)

(edited)

I'm not a huge fan of the brony music

Though I know of one amazing yet highly under rated artist

He goes by the name of TapsFTW

Unlike the other house/trance artists in the fandom

Taps can produce soft and beautiful melodies

That almost sound very atmospheric

Rather than some boring and plain house pianos

With a basic chord progression thrown ontop of it

His music isn't up for free download but it's worth paying for it

And agree with Dark on Awoken

That song has amazing lyrics in it

Edited by Dat Moog
  • Brohoof 1

I would go ahead and suggest the whole Balloon Party album. It has some really good songs on it, and there are a lot of them, so you shouldn't get bored for a while. If you look it up on Google, it's the first response. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Nobody's mentioned SimGretina? mlp-rshock.png

I tell ya, Sim's stuff is top-notch! His music is that of legends! He mostly makes House/French House music, and I can tell he's clearly influenced by Daft Punk.

This one's my personal favorite:

He has loads more, you should really check him out.

• Brohoof 1

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

here's some of my favorites:

-Lost on the Moon (Eileen Montgomery's cover)

-Lullaby for a Princess by Christina Larson

-Changeling by All Levels at Once

If you want to find lots of new music, check out everfree radio, which has all the brony songs in their library except for the ones that were just made 5 seconds ago.

• Brohoof 1

I tend to dislike most fan music, though I definitely have a softspot for pretty much anything by EileMonty. Her voice is nothing short of angelic.

This, in particular, is my favorite song to ever come out of the fandom. It was made by EileMonty, RadioHooves, and Warbalist as part of the Fallout: Equestria radio play, and is an english language cover of a pop song from South Korea.

(edited)

Oh, geez.....

I currently have seven playlists of 32 songs each (well, the last one only has thirteen so far) full of brony fan music, including such genres as dubstep, classical, instrumental, ambient, electronic, Eurobeat, rock, chiptune, jazzy, and even a country song. (Please note that I also included all the songs from MLP in these playlists as well. :3)

This adds up to a total of over two hundred songs each individually collected by me.

WOULD YOU LIKE LINKS?! XD

Edited by Night Shine
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I would go ahead and suggest the whole Balloon Party album. It has some really good songs on it, and there are a lot of them, so you shouldn't get bored for a while. If you look it up on Google, it's the first response. Hope you find what you're looking for.

TBH while the balloon party did do dusbtep and loud stuff very well and the production is good it's a pretty poor pony album. There's just not much an influence on the songs and it's pretty one-note over the whole thing.

I can definitely recommend using the brony musian directory at bronymusic.com. We have both the top song lists of 2011 and 2012,  track highlights for each of the several months (see the bottom right side for ytube playlists), genre searches and highlights, the list of the top brony musicians in the community, and ....(takes breath) highlights for most every brony musician out there (avatar, links, description, and a few of their best tracks) big and small. All these together should REALLY make it much easier to find the music you are looking for.

One thing i will mention is while you will see a lot of the same names on recommendations there's also a lot of other brony musicians who put in a ton of work on their songs and got in a little late in the game and don't have the same instant name recognition. So it's important to realize that there's a lot more to this music than just the big names and many people can put out music that's just as or nearly as good. Such as myself. :D

Edited by Freewave

• 3 weeks later...

Personly this is mine i am i huge fan of electro and dubstep

I would like to find new songs from you, im getting bord of the same old non-sense on my ipod?

• Brohoof 2

Lost on the Moon - eliemontey cover

This has been my favorite since I first heard the original. I also like lullaby for a princess and channeling by all levels at once.

• Brohoof 1

"End of loyalty" by TeiThePony, I think that it is a remix and I'm on iPad so I can't link the song, but it's amazing!

TeiThePony is great he's done some amazing remixes!

Until the Sun by Replacer and Feather. This is such an amazing song and has some pretty good remixes as well. I especially like the Aviators Remus.

VIP Clouds is also a good song.

• Brohoof 1

I don't listen to brony songs as much as I should,but my favourite is 20% Cooler by Ash Kencorp. I don't like the meme at all, but the song is spectacular!

Yes I totally agree this song has to be one of the best briny songs out there :)

Was my favourite for a long time before I found the song I posted above! Used to listen to this song on my speakers really loud :D!

• Brohoof 1