Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you buy art to hang it on your wall?

碇 シンジン

I recently bought another framed piece to hang on my wall so I was wondering if other people do it.

I personally find the walls of a house quite empty without something in there to bring life and breath fresh air into the environment.

Before I used to only appreciate the art through a computer screen but now that I see those same pieces framed on my wall it really is something special. The experience is completely on a different level. Especially if you have communicated with the artist personally or through any kind of system. I think that only adds to the value of the piece.

From the two pieces I currently have I think at the moment the one where I was in contact with the artist is speaking more to me than the one where I wasn't. 

If you have any thought feel free to say them.

• Brohoof 2

I wish I had some money to get a painting for my room's walls. I've got a bunch of posters and puzzles and even a image of penguins on canvus that I got at an indian powwow a few years ago, but a genuine art/painting would really add to my room.

• Brohoof 1

to have some art commissioned digitally is great in itself, but when you print it and hang it on the wall, it becomes something really special, especially if its something you created(an OC of yours etc)I used to have my wall filled with art from my favorite artists, and my own art mixed in between, i moved recently however and only took my favorite amongst them with me

• Brohoof 3

My friends like to paint landscapes over the walls every new year, making entire rooms into statements of art.

My room is painted with tones of indigo and violet. No pictures or other drawings, since I like the walls to be empty for visualizing entire new environments with more ease.

• Brohoof 1

If I can then I would, a most wanted piece is a painting of Patrick Star, similar to this:

Spoiler

DHylaQvVwAAEyFm.jpg

No really, I'd love one.

• Brohoof 2

I don't like empty walls, at least ones in my apartment. :confused: If I wouldn't have any art on my home it would fell too empty and somehow 'asymmetrical', since my pieces of furniture aren't that tall. Without paintings there wouldn't be anything in the upper part of my flat. When I moved in my current apartment it took me a while to figure out why it looked so off... Couple of posters I had as a 'first-aid' fixed this and made the place look more balanced and less empty.

Hanging some paintings or framed photos on the wall is an easy way to make room feel more lively and warm. As Cerberus put it, I have more art to put in my walls than I have room for them ^_^ Some are real paintings I have bought from artists I like and some are just framed postcards and pages of newspapers that I think would look nice on the wall.

• Brohoof 2

I have tons of woodwind art and some general music art hanging up. Some of it I've bought, some of it has been made for me, and one is a photograph I took. I was lucky to find an artist who drew a drawing of the bassoon, saxophone, and oboe (the holy trio!) each, and I have them hanging up just like in my signature.

• Brohoof 3

I have a lot of Star Wars posters that adorn the walls of my bedroom, but a lot of them have become obscured by shelves overstuffed with toys. I love my posters but I don't have enough space to put them all up. 

In the rest of my apartment I like to hang my mom's paintings. She has the most beautiful Impressionist style and her artwork has a three dimensional quality that makes me feel I can walk right into the paintings themselves. 

Art is a beautiful thing; much better than stark white walls. 

• Brohoof 2

A few posters here and there that I picked up at cons, some of which are autographed. My girlfriend and I like to paint, so there's plenty of things in the living room that we/she made. Most of our paintings are fairly abstract, but it's oddly satisfying simply putting paint to canvas, even if you aren't trying to make anything in particular. You can also easily coordinate colors with the rest of your furniture and decor if you make your own art.

• Brohoof 4

I have a couple of cool paintings of fish hanging on my wall, but I usually don't buy a lot of art because family portraits take up a lot of my wall space. I could possibly make room for an Applejack portrait or something. lol

• Brohoof 2

I do have one painting hanging on my bedroom wall which was bought for me by my brother as a Christmas present in 2016. It depicts the Tardis from Doctor Who exploding though I forget when it actually happened in the new series--I know it's somewhere during Matt Smith's tenure.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...