Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

science What are your views on alien life forms?

Luna's Admirer

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 12:57 PM, Olly said:

There is no evidence that intelligent/advanced life exists anywhere outside earth. The End?

Just because there's no real evidence of intelligent life doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. Frankly, it actually means nothing that we haven't found evidence of advanced alien life considering we've only sent satellites as far as Pluto, and that we've only been looking for forty years. Even then, there are fifty-five exoplanets that are considered to be potentially habitable as of right now, according to the University of Puerto Rico. Considering the fact we've just started to look for them, knowing of fifty five habitable planets outside of our solar system already makes it much easier for me personally to believe that it's extraordinarily unlikely that there aren't intelligent lifeforms. Sure, it's not too likely that there's one out of fifty-five, but since the first of those was found by NASA in 2014. At that rate, we find a potentially habitable exoplanet once every three or four weeks, and that would mean that we will find 600 more by the end of the century. That's at that rate. It's likely that we'll actually start finding them faster, assuming that the technology they use to find them gets more and more efficient and acquires a longer and longer range.

We may not find  a Dyson Sphere (A sphere built around a sun to collect its energy) any time soon, but I wouldn't be surprised if aliens contact us within the next century, considering our rate of development, as we likely haven't developed advanced enough of technology for them to notice or want to contact us and our technology is advancing at a progressively faster rate. They may even have rules against it, because Star Trek's Star Fleet does (it's prohibited by the entirety of their Prime Directive, what is linked there). Even though that is from a TV show written by humans, it does stand to reason also that they may be waiting until they can see that we can be responsible with highly advanced technology, weapons in particular. It also stands to reason that they don't want to accidentally interfere in our technological development as a species, and that sort of goes hand in hand with the former. Both of these potential problems could become a disaster for our species, and also a potential threat to theirs or even other species if there are any (which it is quite possible, and arguably likely that there are).

Edited by Barik, the Master Mechanic
  • Brohoof 1

The idea of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is super intriguing, though I suppose we can't know for sure if it exists. Finding evidence of alien life would be very exciting, although it could possibly mean bad things for us :mlp_pout:

• Brohoof 1

I hear a lot of people argue: "If aliens existed, why havent they visited us yet?" Which brings up a good point, but also a scenario that aliens are progressing as fast as we are or slower.

Then i get the whole, "They exist and have been studying us for millennia." which could be a possibility.There has also been instances where government officials or even scientists have alluded to aliens walking amongst us right now. Here is a video that is close to what im trying to say

Personally, I think the advanced Aliens have already visited us and deemed us as a hostile threat or too primitive to talk to. Meanwhile the aliens who are on par with us are in the same "do they exist" mindset. I also think there is another intelligent life form just starting out somewhere and as far as UFOs i think they are mostly recon ships from other worlds or aliens going for a joyride to look at the wildlife. Kinda like how us humans drive to zoos or national animal reserves.

• Brohoof 1

Scientifically, aliens probably exist somewhere, but it’s extremely unlikely that we will ever encounter any. 

Religously, the same holds, though we may meet them in another life. 

Personally, I think aliens have visited us, they just keep themselves hidden. 

• Brohoof 1

It's hard to Believe i may have searched online that some alien's may have exist somewhere out there.

We may see them in another world but that's not likely the case we ever find any at all and i also think alien's visited us at one point as well, they are just hidden Beneath themselves somewhere.

• Brohoof 1

I think there's life out there amongst the stars other than our own. Do they behave in a manner similar to what we've seen on television, books, video games, movies, and other forms of media over the decades? Hard to say because we haven't actually seen aliens with our own eyes but perhaps there could be some truth to it.

• Brohoof 2

Every one have pretty good points to share. I like how our discussion is going so far.

I've another question for my followers, who of you think aliens would have religions and believe system like we do. As for me, I think there might be a alien kind who have a better religious understanding of the universe than us, and possess even greater intelligence. 

• Brohoof 2

• 4 months later...

I believe that there are aliens out there. I feel like it’s just a matter of time before we find them.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I believe that somewhere, hidden amongst the stars, lies a very horsey planet. Its benevolent dictators, the royal sisters, raise the sun and the moon as the populace basks in their radiance :yay:

In all seriousness though, I don't believe in aliens. The only intelligent life that I believe lies beyond the Earth is God, angels, and demons (demons being fallen angels).

On 4/14/2019 at 5:35 PM, Lucky Bolt said:

Honestly I believe in ghosts and zombies more than I do aliens. :-P

Everypony knows the zombie apocalypse is just around the corner :laugh:

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 5:34 PM, 2nd Amendment Brony said:

There is overwhelming evidence that aliens have and do visit Earth. See Project Blue Book Special Report Number 14.

Look at the work by Stanton Friedman. He is a nuclear physicist who had security clearances and worked on nuclear rocket technology in the 1960s. He is a very intelligent man and an expert on the topic. People like him do real research, getting government documents and gathering data. Meanwhile, some jack ass will declare from his couch that aliens don't exist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Blue_Book

'

1. No UFO reported, investigated, and evaluated by the Air Force was ever an indication of threat to our national security;
  2. There was no evidence submitted to or discovered by the Air Force that sightings categorized as "unidentified" represented technological developments or principles beyond the range of modern scientific knowledge; and
  3. There was no evidence indicating that sightings categorized as "unidentified" were extraterrestrial vehicles.[1]'

Aliens can exist though, the universe is quite vast. Statistically life on other planets is a very high chance. Earth-like planets do exist.

47 minutes ago, NiceVillains said:

Could you link us the good reports then?

Look at Stanton Friedman's work. I'm not an expert. But I do know the debunkers like to pick straw man cases, and of course the Air Force is going to deny everything.

• Brohoof 1

Believing in aliens is as far fetched as believing in lizard people and ghosts, so no, I don’t believe in them.

Weird looking aircraft flying over Area 51 - a military base. So strange! :wau:

I wholeheartedly believe in aliens, and other cryptids, and to go further, I believe they are doing things on this planet as of now. I'm more into conspiracies and all thats sorta thing, with the UFO sightings by the US military and other allied nations, it's hard to deny that things are being seen in the sky.

1 hour ago, 2nd Amendment Brony said:

Look at Stanton Friedman's work. I'm not an expert. But I do know the debunkers like to pick straw man cases, and of course the Air Force is going to deny everything.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/21/obituaries/stanton-friedman-dead.html

'He argued that the United States government had engaged in a “cosmic Watergate” to cover up evidence of alien landings, most notably the one that believers say took place in 1947 on a ranch near Roswell, N.M., spawning an enduring fascination with reports of alien encounters.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_lysergic_acid_diethylamide

'LSD was introduced as a commercial medication under the trade-name Delysid for various psychiatric uses in 1947.[11] '

Not saying the link is definitive, but its a curious possibility lol.

33 minutes ago, NiceVillains said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/21/obituaries/stanton-friedman-dead.html

'He argued that the United States government had engaged in a “cosmic Watergate” to cover up evidence of alien landings, most notably the one that believers say took place in 1947 on a ranch near Roswell, N.M., spawning an enduring fascination with reports of alien encounters.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_lysergic_acid_diethylamide

'LSD was introduced as a commercial medication under the trade-name Delysid for various psychiatric uses in 1947.[11] '

Not saying the link is definitive, but its a curious possibility lol.

If you are implying that a well respected nuclear scientist was on drugs then you're not interested in the facts. I have done all I can.

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, 2nd Amendment Brony said:

If you are implying that a well respected nuclear scientist was on drugs then you're not interested in the facts. I have done all I can.

Not him, the people claiming to have seen aliens. Back then scientific knowledge for the average person was lower, so proportionally superstitions would be higher. Also plenty of respected people have tried psychedelics (serotonergic psychedelics increase neuroconnections) like https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertglatter/2015/11/27/lsd-microdosing-the-new-job-enhancer-in-silicon-valley-and-beyond/.

A substance that alters perception heavily could easily cause mis-reportings. And him not being a psychologist but a nuclear scientist may not have had the ability to recognize broad human error potentials, and recognizing such a thing would cause cognitive dissonance because it conflicts with his life interest and purpose and books he wrote etc, so he has reasons to not notice. And technically 'well respected' is not an indication of accuracy only of consensus, scientists who wrote books have been wrong before.