Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

science What are your views on alien life forms?

Luna's Admirer

(edited)

I know they exist somewhere. You'd have to be egotistical to think that, as vast as the universe is, that Earth is the only planet that managed to spawn intelligent life. I mean, there was a report not that long ago that confirmed that NASA and several other government agencies acknowledge the existence of UFOs and the like. 

Edited by PoisonClaw

(edited)
1 hour ago, 2nd Amendment Brony said:

The facts are there, read them if you want.

I don't want to be rude but I am trying to find evidence. There doesn't seem to be direct evidence of anything, some cover-ups(they assert but the documents could be fake) but testing prototype aviation technology they don't want others finding out about would be motivation to cover stuff up as well. Plus the government could try to do fake documents to study how the public responds. Theres no hard evidence on the man's site and it seems more interested in selling books and dvds.

Do you think this looks real, if not, why is he holding it as if it is?

merlin_155160165_16021971-87c4-4a6d-96ca-9a4fe04e50cf-superJumbo.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp

Edited by NiceVillains

If we are talking about if think alien lifeforms exist then yes, I do think they do. It would be foolish to not think that.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
1 hour ago, NiceVillains said:

Do you think this looks real, if not, why is he holding it as if it is?

merlin_155160165_16021971-87c4-4a6d-96ca-9a4fe04e50cf-superJumbo.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp

That is a picture of a sculpture made based on the descriptions from Barney and Betty Hill. I don't know what you mean by "as if it is."

I'm not going to convince you here, and I'm not going to spoon feed the data. All I can say is it is really easy to dismiss something that you haven't studied, and there are a lot of debunkers that do a lot of arm chair resesrch. If you want to learn more then there is plenty out there. There is also a lot of woo woo stuff that is too far out for me.

Edited by 2nd Amendment Brony
  • Brohoof 1

I believe there's probably something out there on some distant planet. It's absurd to think that only one star out of trillions and trillions is being circled by a planet that can sustain life. For that reason, I find exoplanets fascinating.

What I'm skeptical about is stuff like alien abduction. Alien abduction and other forms of human-extraterrestrial contact are fascinating subjects to me, but it's so easy for people to just make up stories and that I have my doubts.

If there’s life here, there has to be life somewhere else, right? It’d be kinda haughty to think only this planet has life on it :laugh: I can’t wait to see if we find any within my lifetime. I sure hope so.

It had to apologize for flattening the atmosphere but i see extraterrestrial life froms really irrrational. As christian i believe God have blessed only this planet with proper conditions for life. But if God would've created several other worlds across cosmos, how different they would be? Will there live other mankinds or lesser/higher beings? Would some planets be like paradise and some hard to live because of hot/cold climate. Would it be overall relevant? Why God would've scatter the life all around cosmos, without living creatures ever meeting or even knowing each other's existence? I see too many conflicts to consider it possible. Anything of this, however, is not mentioned in Bible, that is only personal viewpoint.

This is a universe with possibly billions of galaxies, each containing possibly a billion+ stars and those stars could have multiple planets orbiting them, not to mention moons of those planets too. I have absolutely no doubt that there is more life out there, more than we could possibly imagine, but our limitations will prevent us from knowing exactly what they are.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

This is a universe with possibly billions of galaxies, each containing possibly a billion+ stars and those stars could have multiple planets orbiting them, not to mention moons of those planets too. I have absolutely no doubt that there is more life out there, more than we could possibly imagine, but our limitations will prevent us from knowing exactly what they are.

Good point! It really is aspect worth to consider as well as fascinating thought. Universe is vast and there surely is yet lots and lots beyond our understanding

@NiceVillains That image is hilarious - someone has really thought that people would believe it. :mlp_yeehaa:

storm area 51, lets see them aliens

Aliens undoubtedly have to exist. The scale of the universe is so large that we cannot even see all of it, and only see a very small amount of it. However, when I say alien, I do not specifically mean intelligent life. Somewhere, maybe even in Enceladus' oceans. It is extremely unlikely that NO life exists elsewhere in the universe. I am most certain that there are thousands of planets with some form of at-least single celled organisms, or perhaps even multicellular. Seeing as how many conditions must line up for intelligent life to develop, that is less likely, but still very possible. Given the brain-shattering scale of our universe and astronomical (no pun intended) amount of planets that exist, alien, extra-terrestrial life probably exists, but probably not as advanced as we'd imagine it. I am confident enough to say, though, that basic forms of life exist elsewhere, and closer than we think.

• Brohoof 3

On 7/13/2019 at 6:17 PM, DuskSong said:

storm area 51, lets see them aliens

Aliens undoubtedly have to exist. The scale of the universe is so large that we cannot even see all of it, and only see a very small amount of it. However, when I say alien, I do not specifically mean intelligent life. Somewhere, maybe even in Enceladus' oceans. It is extremely unlikely that NO life exists elsewhere in the universe. I am most certain that there are thousands of planets with some form of at-least single celled organisms, or perhaps even multicellular. Seeing as how many conditions must line up for intelligent life to develop, that is less likely, but still very possible. Given the brain-shattering scale of our universe and astronomical (no pun intended) amount of planets that exist, alien, extra-terrestrial life probably exists, but probably not as advanced as we'd imagine it. I am confident enough to say, though, that basic forms of life exist elsewhere, and closer than we think.

literally this post exactly

• Brohoof 1

With how large the universe is, it is hard to believe that earth is the only planet with actual life forms on it.  I am not sure that I will ever live to see any of them, but it would be nice if I could.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 3:12 PM, 2nd Amendment Brony said:

The facts are there, read them if you want.

The facts are we got a guy with potentially falsified documents, selling them and books for money instead of releasing them. I can demonstrate how other 'reknowned doctors' have sold books that contradicted science before.

Upon doing math, I found it wouldn't be likely for aliens to visit us for another 140 million years (and that's assuming their planet is 60 million years older than ours, the age of our sun, getting a headstart). Only thing I couldn't factor in is how relatively old/young. Then once you consider, they don't have infinite resources, theres small ranges of angles they would need to see us, they may find other earth-like planets first, so it has to be a closer solar system rather than further, so its probably going to be the same age, so its going to be 200million years (and that's assuming they can move 500,000 mph, we can only hit 100,000 mph so far. And that's entirely ignoring, again, them stopping at other locations first, having limited ships or fuel, etc. It'd take us near a billion years to find life and that's assuming we don't run out of fuel, and don't need to stop, and don't get into an accident.

But because of the planning fallacy, all of those things would happen.

Which means it wouldn't be for multiple billions of years that an alien would visit us.

Or you believe a guy selling novelty books and falsified documents. Not to mention the required cover-ups in the modern age of cell-phones, like look how far the Christchurch shooter video spread before being censored, and you think they can censor stuff indefinitely? Its not real. I have nothing else to say, but its certainly not a fact you shared.

Edited by NiceVillains
  • Brohoof 1

@NiceVillains Are you accusing Stanton Friedman of falsifying documents, or a witness? If you are just going to accuse people of lying then what can I say? If that helps you sleep at night then fine. As for you math, that is irrelevant. Stanton points out in one of his books that there were people who mathematically "proved" that heavier than air flight was impossible, and that putting an object into orbit was impossible. People "proved" that an atomic bomb was impossible. You can prove whatever you want if you make the right assumptions. We don't know what technology someone a million years more advanced then us might have. A million years is nothing on a cosmic scale. As far as it being too difficult to cover up, that is also irrelevant. That is trying to prove a negative. We have no idea what the government does or does not have in secret. It doesn't change the fact that there is an overwhelming amount of evidence that cannot be explained by misidentification or lying.

I  do, not only because I've seen some odd things in the sky before, but because there is a vast amount of unknown out there and while we needed very specific things to happen for us to get this far I'm sure it's happened before.

As for what they will be like, it's hard to say. Morals probably aren't the same more or less close assuming they have them.   After all if we looked at lets say jellyfish who became vastly intelligent for this I would think that they would be free spirits if not very angry on having very little control over their lives. Would they feel bad for catching a fish that swam into their stingers? Probably not since the fish is simply viewed as food. What about the cuttlefish who have the starting of language?  Sure they might be bobbing up and down doing their own thing, but would they have any moral stops about lying?  Probably not since some species already do that inorder to mate (yup they lie small males lie about their gender to the larger males and sneak off to the females to mate). 

What they look like, who knows we might get some globs that float or something oddly familiar but not quiet there or something else. I know there is a theory about life being silicon based but who knows how old that is. More or less if something new has popped up since then.

Religious wise, another hard thing to tell. Maybe they have their own gods and ceremonies as we see here on Earth between different groups of people. Maybe their god is some former grand leader they once had?  There's simply too many unknowns to be positive on this. 

One thing for sure is that I don't expect them to be remotely similar or familiar in any way to us.

5 hours ago, 2nd Amendment Brony said:

@NiceVillains Are you accusing Stanton Friedman of falsifying documents, or a witness? If you are just going to accuse people of lying then what can I say? If that helps you sleep at night then fine. As for you math, that is irrelevant. Stanton points out in one of his books that there were people who mathematically "proved" that heavier than air flight was impossible, and that putting an object into orbit was impossible. People "proved" that an atomic bomb was impossible. You can prove whatever you want if you make the right assumptions. We don't know what technology someone a million years more advanced then us might have. A million years is nothing on a cosmic scale. As far as it being too difficult to cover up, that is also irrelevant. That is trying to prove a negative. We have no idea what the government does or does not have in secret. It doesn't change the fact that there is an overwhelming amount of evidence that cannot be explained by misidentification or lying.

There isn't overwhelming evidence, just fake documents and people who mistake random flying school projects for alien spacecraft.

Everybody's heard of the Fermi Paradox, right? Lately I have this idea that intelligence is limiting and counterproductive. Insects and viruses really rule the world, not us.

So my idea is that really successful interplanetary alien life has moved past intelligence, all the technological alien civilizations have blown themselves up and things like swarms of giant cyborg alien insects roam the cosmos eating and breeding.