Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Disinterest in going to any brony convention?

Octavia Heartstrings

Mixed feelings about it - I'd like to see a pony convention, but I don't like being around people. Thus, I'd be interested in attending one if I could go as a ghost, but as things stand, it doesn't seem likely.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Quinch said:

Mixed feelings about it - I'd like to see a pony convention, but I don't like being around people. Thus, I'd be interested in attending one if I could go as a ghost, but as things stand, it doesn't seem likely.

these are my feelings, too. I started saving to go to Bronycon 2019, but large crowds aren't really my thing. And I wouldn't be going with anyone i know.

I  didn't feel compelled to go to a con until I found out that a local con had a party floor, including a Klingon party. I don't buy much FiM merch, I mostly just watch the show and collect g1 toys.

• Brohoof 1

Unfortunately I'll probably never get to go to Bronycon, with it closing next year, and me simply not having the time, or resources to go. I may be able to visit at least one con at some point, but I could only see it happening years down the line.

I went to the one in Baltimore a couple times with some then active forum members. I mainly wanted to see what it was like as I also regularly attended Transformers conventions in the past. But after doing it a couple times I’ve had little desire to return. I suppose I should go in 2019 as that will be the final one but I currently feel indifferent about it. 

I can't say I have much interest in going to those sorts of conventions either. I've thought about it a few times, but I enjoy my relaxation time too much to pursue it. The biggest selling point of conventions appear to be the social aspect, which isn't exactly something I necessarily view in positive light (especially huge crowds.) I'd rather just watch the presentations I'm interested in from youtube in the comfort of my own home.

• Brohoof 3

I wouldn't mind going a few times but I wouldn't be comfortable going on my own as I'm a pretty socially awkward person and the costs for me to be able to go would be too high for me to go anytime soon

Edited by Monsoon

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I almost went to one, I think it was supposed to be in the Czech Republic. In the summer of 2020... So yeah, it did not happen. It is not THAT appealing to me - I am not a big fan of crowds for example.

• Brohoof 1

I could go, but seems like a hassle with the big crowds. Besides, I would be mostly interested for the exclusive merch, which:

1-since G5 is taking over, it’s unlikely to get G4 merch so easily 

2-Managed to get some con exclusive merch this year :mlp_icwudt: