Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How was the episode?  

92 users have voted

1. 1. How was the episode?

• Passed the test with life-long friends! (5/5)
    • Passed the test! (4/5)
    • I don't know what lies beneath! (3/5)
    • Bad like Cozy Glow! (2/5)
    • Failed the test! (1/5)

9 hours ago, ILoveSandbar said:

:laugh: you are so right........but what i dont get is:

Spoiler

COZY WAS LEADING A CROWD IN THE END OF THE EPISODE! 

how was the crowd leaving them all when clearly they could see POOR STARLIGHT TRAPPED IN THE GODDAMN BUBBLE! ughh

You better not be who I think you are. @Loyal Defender points out a fact that you're overlooking. Anyone who gets too close risks getting pulled in too

Plus your post talks about what happened in School Raze, not this episode.

7 hours ago, ILoveSandbar said:

but there were MILLIONS of them couldnt they get help???!

You are referring to the wrong episode, mister! That is in School Raze. This is "What Lies Beneath". If you want to complain about this, at least complain in the correct episode discussion page.

37 minutes ago, Loyal Defender said:

NO! No one can touch the damn bubble because anyone could be dragged in!  

You are correct, my Loyal, defending friend.

@ILoveSandbar As for you,

The final episode flat out shows why getting help is becoming increasingly difficult to almost forever impossible as the episide goes on.

Spoiler

With everyone losing their magic, and a magic draining bubble keeping one of the most powerful unicorns trapped, it's nearly pointless at the point in the episode for the million other ponies to get help. Since Cozy Glow has manipulated everyone, no one can really think straight in such a moment of crisis especially with time running out

Your lack of seeing the obvious counter-evidence to your complaint baffles me. 

Edited by Will Guide

• 2 weeks later...

Twilight Sparkle is schemy for the Young Six in this episode when something is weird underneath that looks like the roots from the Tree of Harmony. That's weird, man. :wacko: They would have to pass the test and finally regroup altogether to come out of that cave.

At the ending part, Twilight Sparkle apologizes what she had done to trap them beneath the School of Friendship. Everything goes well once again! :)

On 12/7/2018 at 10:43 PM, Allen said:

Twilight Sparkle is schemy for the Young Six in this episode when something is weird underneath that looks like the roots from the Tree of Harmony. That's weird, man. :wacko: They would have to pass the test and finally regroup altogether to come out of that cave.

At the ending part, Twilight Sparkle apologizes what she had done to trap them beneath the School of Friendship. Everything goes well once again! :)

That ain't Twilight. 

On 12/8/2018 at 5:43 AM, Allen said:

Except Twilight Sparklier is an avatar of the tree, not the headmare - as discussed at the end :)

Twilight gives the lecture that describes The Tree as "almost" sentient, then Gallus makes the BIG mistake of taunting The Tree; given we know The Tree controls Twi's map table, it isn't unreasonable its roots pass under the school too :)

• 3 weeks later...

I liked this episode! It's probably my favorite student six story so far. The presence of magic in the story made the story a whole lot more entertaining than the usual school story, I guess.:ticking:

Edited by qwerE
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

I appreciate more of this now. The episode is supposed to be about how strong the friendship between the student six is and when the episode focuses on that it's fine. The scenes of Gallus helping Silverstream and Smolder helping Ocellus are effective.

But there's still too much stuff that's not on the same level. Smolder and Gallus do use their tests to help the others, but we don't dig that deep into them as characters and their tests don't relate to friendship, especially not to the friendship between the six. Yona's test does relate to friendship, but not to the friendship with the student six. Sandbar's test does relate to the friendship between the student six, but it's essentially telling us what we already know. I don't understand what the point of having tests that don't relate to the main theme of the episode and having some of them solve theirs on their own when the episode is supposed to be about them working together. 

I think a good way to solve this would be to divide the six of them into pairs of three. There would be three stories playing on each pair's insecurities and all relating to the main theme of the episode. 

I'm also not a fan of the first act since it's a lot of dull interactions and Cozy Glow obviously being evil. 

Score: 5/10

• 5 weeks later...

ToHI(Tree of Harmony Interface) was my favorite part of this episode. They did a really good job with her writing, animating, and audio effects. I hope to see her appear in future episodes, maybe borrow somepony else's form if need be. :D

10 hours ago, Totally Lyra said:

ToHI(Tree of Harmony Interface) was my favorite part of this episode. They did a really good job with her writing, animating, and audio effects. I hope to see her appear in future episodes, maybe borrow somepony else's form if need be. :D

I usually call it "Twilight sparkly" :D

I do consider this the best of the "young six" epsiodes to date though; I think the whole "you were there for each other" moral was a bit suspect, given only two of the ponies actually needed any help, but it gave us great insight into the characters of these six, the tree, and of course Crazy Glow.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

I enjoyed this Episode quite much, since i also love the student six. However i find it odd that one of them just shrugged it off that he got almost killed. Like for real it seemed.

I wouldnt just...forget about that so easily...but i guess because its a kids cartoon we ar probably not supposed to think about it to much, it was just a fun test for friendship! I guess.

3 hours ago, Reason for Cancellation said:

I wouldnt just...forget about that so easily...

FiM characters seem to shrug off trauma quite easily; I mean look at the ending to the Canterlot Wedding; one second they are tied up being terrorized by changelings, the next, trotting along without a care in the world.

• Brohoof 3

• 1 year later...