Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Community Guidelines Posted and The Way Forward

Jeric

These are now posted and can be read by clicking on the Guidelines link in the menu bar. Most of the rules are the same, we just simplified them. You still cannot be an asshat to other users, asking for or giving our links for illegal downloads, NSFW, shitposting, plagerizing art, posting links to eBay, slurs, and the like. We've added and condensed some things too. 

Making similar topics because you are on a tirade against a specific whatever will now be treated is spam. Explicitly stated is something that was never done before in text. Don't treat our staff like garbage. We aren't going to count your characters in a post, but we can address a trend of short text content and such as low quality, spammy, junk. Basically the biggest rule here is don't be an ass to others.

Also, if you are doing something that is just plain annoying and not covered by rules (spoiling episodes, screamers, css breaking text, going batshit crazy with text colors), we can tell you to chill or knock it off. That's about it. It won't take you more than a minute or two to read the rules. Each section that has it's own subset of rules will have an separate easy to see post and page will similarly simplistic language. 

Also, points previously fell off a little at a time. Now all points assessed during a warning will drop off after 90 days. 

The Future 

Coming down the line are several changes that don't have to do with rules. More events. Updated rank badges. and Fan Club posts will count toward postcount (again) while returning to its original purpose of friendly fan-centric discussion of a specific character. Banner submissions will be simplified. Roleplay and Octavia's Hall will undergo some streamlining with OH gaining a focus on learning, Awards will be implemented for using MLPF in new ways, the character database and sheets will updated, a new database for FanFics, and a lot more. 

It's going to a busy year as we take this community and bring it closer. We may be smaller than we were a few years ago, but with that comes opportunities to evolve MLPF to become a greater nexus of friendship.  

Pony on!

• Brohoof 28

• The title was changed to Community Guidelines Posted and The Way Forward

Forget to mention a change to how points fall off. 

Also, points previously fell off a little at a time. Now all points assessed during a warning will drop off after 90 days. 

• Brohoof 10

3 hours ago, Jeric said:

Coming down the line are several changes that don't have to do with rules. More events. Updated rank badges. and Fan Club posts will count toward postcount (again) while returning to its original purpose of friendly fan-centric discussion of a specific character. Banner submissions will be simplified. Roleplay and Octavia's Hall will undergo some streamlining with OH gaining a focus on learning, Awards will be implemented for using MLPF in new ways, the character database and sheets will updated, a new database for FanFics, and a lot more. 

It's going to a busy year as we take this community and bring it closer. We may be smaller than we were a few years ago, but with that comes opportunities to evolve MLPF to become a greater nexus of friendship 

That is amazing :) especially the fan clubs those were my favourite part of the site but I don't really know what happened to them as over time the discussion started to die more and more in them in favour of posting just images or atleast according to my experience.

I really enjoyed the discussion back then so i hope it can pick up again .

All in all seeing something like this makes me glad that i am still around here as i can almost feel the warmth in the community in regards of these changes.

4 hours ago, Jeric said:

We may be smaller than we were a few years ago, but with that comes opportunities to evolve MLPF to become a greater nexus of friendship.

I'll quote that again as I think that is amazing mindset to have. I don't really have anything more to say as I feel that the mindset and how helpful and important I think it is in regards of the community here is beyond any words that I can come up with to describe it.

I always thought that the staff here were doing reallyy good job keeping the community together and in bloom, but I think this is taking it to the next level.

• Brohoof 8

7 hours ago, Jeric said:

asking for or giving our links for illegal downloads

MLPF has links for illegal downloads? :sunbutt: 

Anyway, this is nice to see! It's always great to have more ways for the community to come together. I'm looking forward for what's to come next.

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 4

21 hours ago, Jeric said:

Updated rank badges.

I'm really liking the changes so far, but I'm also looking forward to seeing the updated badges especially. :sunbutt: I generally have a strange fascination with the ranks.

I really like how simplified the rules have been made. Making them easier to understand will make them easier to follow, and hopefully easier to enforce in a much more balanced way, if you know what I mean by that.

Edited by Barik, the Master Mechanic
  • Brohoof 4

• The topic was unfeatured
  • The topic was locked