Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Defenders of Equestria (ooc)

Scare Effect

RP:Defenders of Equestria

Hello and welcome potential defenders. I am looking for 1 to 5 people who are up for an adventure in a human version of Equestria.

Plot: our characters(they are in their teens) are defenders in training under the mentorship of an experienced Defender(I'll reveal them when I get into characters), when strange things begin to happen and its up to our characters to stop it.

Ok so where everyone is at is they start in their homes(after the first day they will be in dorms with one of there teammates the male characters can choose but Dawn and Heart Star will be roommates due to them being the only girls.

So here is the things about this world you need to know. 

This equestia is like the mlp universe and the Rwby universe had a baby this is the best way to put it right now, basically think of a steampunk-ish version of equestria.

Ok so i probably should have put this in the first post. But all humans have magic naturally no need for special items.

Takes place in Canterlot but can lead to other places.

This Equestria is infested with many monsters of Dark magic called Soulless that vary in shape, size, and power

There are three races of humans:

*star(unicorns) have a deep connection to magic making them lack endurance.

*Sky(Pegasus) what they lack in strength they make up for in speed.

*Stone(Earth ponies) the most durable of the three races, they lack the magic connection the Star have and the speed the Sky have

Ok so physical differences between the three races are as followed.

Star(unicorn): have glowing eyes and their mark(cutie mark) is on their back.

Sky(pegasus): slim and short build for speed and maneuverability. Have the ability to fly for short periods using a pair of magic wings that appear on their back. Their mark is on their left shoulder.

Stone(Earth): stone are larger than the other two races by one to two feet. Their mark is on their right ankle.

Now for the fun part, your characters need a weapon (medival mixed with modern) only limitation here is no heavy weapons (ie rockets, miniguns, lasers)

Next ur character needs a special power(it does not have to be on their character page) limits no reality warping or super op powers, also all powers have a limit.

Ok so here is the character list (i'll list the mentor here)

Player Characters

*Brave Dawn-she is a thin lightly tan girl who uses a large Claymore sword. She has the ability to create blades out of stone. Limit 2 at a time.

*Mike Mcguffin- uses a short sword called Jennifer, has the ability to conjure a shield out of energy (it is just to give him something that doesn't rely on his sword) Limit: will dissipate if hit with enough force

*Will Guide-wields a simple broad sword, possesses the ability to change into anything he sees as long as its around his height or smaller. Limit can't stay transformed for more than 30 minutes or it will make his powers disappear for an hour

*Heart Star-has no weapon buy can summon copies of an enemies weapon.

* Winter Bolt- uses a wooden cane, has the ability to use ice magic. Limit see his character post on page two by jedishy

* Blu Traincrown- wields a gold scepter and has the ability to control the mind of a single bring for only two hours.

Mentor

*Mystic Moon-a pale woman who looks around the age of 19, she uses a silver gunblade and possesses the power called copy cat she can mimic the powers of others

Edited by Scare Effect
Added some details

This might be a fun idea. I’d thinking AU version of  Mike McGuffin would work well with this. He’s already got Jennifer (But I’m not sure what his ability could be. Perhaps Tapping into a magic pool of strength/speed/perception though Jennifer Lightbringer herself?)

Edited by Pr0m4NV14

1 hour ago, Pr0m4NV14 said:

But I’m not sure what his ability could be. Perhaps Tapping into a magic pool of strength/speed/perception though Jennifer Lightbringer herself

A power can be one thing something simple like breathing fire or even making a shield out of energy. (All characters have magic its how they use their powers)

@Scare Effect

I guess the plot would have to be rethought in order to make sense for so few people. I like the shield idea though. (Is it a full-on sheild wall or just something you hold with your hand?) What idea do you have for the new plot?

Edited by Pr0m4NV14
Grammar.

Just now, Scare Effect said:

@Pr0m4NV14

How about our characters are Freelance defenders who take a mission and it goes bad.

Ah, I get what your saying, a neat bundle of two self-employed people doing the right thing. That sounds really cool. 

• Brohoof 1

Do you mind if I mention anyone who may want to join in? 

(I also feel like I’d want to keep the spirit of Jennifer inside the sword to, and keep Mike’s panpipes I was looking for a different instrument that fingers could play but I can’t think of any cool battle music that doesn’t have panpipes. The shield is a good idea. Is it a full on magic shield wall or like a traditional shield that straps onto your arm?)

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Scare Effect said:

@Will Guide

Thank you for considering joining

@Will Guide

Um, I was considering being Star Human, seeing how my main OC is an unicorn, with my main power being shapeshifting to reference my Changeling side, but I see someone already beat me to that power.

:(

What should I do?

6 minutes ago, Scare Effect said:

@Will Guide

Which character has shape shifting? Did i miss someone?

Changeling Will Guide, of course. Or at least the Equestrian Girl version of him. 

Basically, I was thinking having magic, Will Guide could have shapeshifting magic for spywork.

Just now, Will Guide said:

Changeling Will Guide, of course. Or at least the Equestrian Girl version of him. 

Basically, I was thinking having magic, Will Guide could have shapeshifting magic for spywork.

Oh ok, I thought i missed someone. So what would his weapon be? Also what is his limit with shape shifting?

1 minute ago, Heart Star said:

I'm interested. The problem is that Heart has multiple weapons and she can switch between them.

Well she could use a weapon that switches between multiple.

1 minute ago, Scare Effect said:

Oh ok, I thought i missed someone. So what would his weapon be? Also what is his limit with shape shifting?

I was thinking a sword like you see in Disney films. I always prefer swords over guns

As for the Shapeshifting, You tell me. Because my imagination tends to run wild, if it was left up to me, I would be overpowered. So let's discuss the limit. How about for now, I can shapeshift into any living thing as long as I have seen a picture of it. And I can't stay transformed for too long. If I do, the disguise wears and I would have to wait longer than usual to transform again.

32 minutes ago, Heart Star said:

Well, they're all accessed by a spell in Heart's pony form.

Well then that would have to be her special power then.

32 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

I was thinking a sword like you see in Disney films. I always prefer swords over guns

As for the Shapeshifting, You tell me. Because my imagination tends to run wild, if it was left up to me, I would be overpowered. So let's discuss the limit. How about for now, I can shapeshift into any living thing as long as I have seen a picture of it. And I can't stay transformed for too long. If I do, the disguise wears and I would have to wait longer than usual to transform again.

The swords fine.

That seems ok but size is kinda important. So maybe it base to be around his height