Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever had to heed nature's call in the woods?

Feather Data

Have you pooped in the woods before?  

34 users have voted

1. 1. Have you pooped in the woods before?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, CloudMistDragon said:

No, I don't hike as a hobby. But I never did it on the few hikes I went on in the past. I did have to urinate behind trees before, but I'd never crap in the woods without a shovel to bury it.

Good thing I have a trowel

What kind of question is this? :laugh:

Pooping in the woods sounds like a title for a thriller. 😂

That made my day. :D

Just kidding of course; Sorry, it's just the way the question is phrased, it looked.. funny on the main page. No offense to anyone of course. :please:

Seriously though, yeah that urgency tends to be a disaster. :twi: Personally I didn't have a chance to leave gifts for the nature yet and I really hope I won't have to do so. Though it's normal when you're going camping or something, didn't have an occasion to do this myself, sadly. Either way sometimes it would be just better to be an animal - do it quickly and nobody saw a thing. They don't even need the toilet paper, what a convenience! :derp:

Edited by Rikifive

• The title was changed to Have you ever had to heed nature's call in the woods?

Does a bear ....

Nevermind. I tweaked the title a little to add some ... um ... sophistication to the topic. This is actually something that is taught in various organizations that would spend any length of time outdoors. It is also something that any recreational camper may need to consider and prepare for. When I camp I usually use the No Trace rule. Camping supply stores sell trowels and sealable plastic waste bags for disposal or waste and paper. Do not use natures outhouse near a stream, lake, or other water source that animals use. Also when camping, check local regulations for requirements. 

• Brohoof 4

21 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Does a bear ....

Nevermind. I tweaked the title a little to add some ... um ... sophistication to the topic. This is actually something that is taught in various organizations that would spend any length of time outdoors. It is also something that any recreational camper may need to consider and prepare for. When I camp I usually use the No Trace rule. Camping supply stores sell trowels and sealable plastic waste bags for disposal or waste and paper. Do not use natures outhouse near a stream, lake, or other water source that animals use. Also when camping, check local regulations for requirements. 

remember to also dig a hole 6-8 inches deep, stay 150 away from any water sources, and don't feel bad for dropping a deuce in nature.

When your stomach hurts with no restroom nearby, and when you're out in the wilderness, you'd have no choice when nature calls. I admit it, it happned once.

And it was at one of the illegal dumpsites in my area.

(P.S. Hell no, I don't throw garbage in places like that, only douchebags do)

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Flow said:

When your stomach hurts with no restroom nearby, and when you're out in the wilderness, you'd have no choice when nature calls. I admit it, it happned once.

Yeah, it's better to make the decision before the countdown reaches 0. :twi:

Oh this urgency is so problematic and tends to appear in the worst possible time. :please:

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Rikifive said:

Yeah, it's better to make the decision before the countdown reaches 0. :twi:

Oh this urgency is so problematic and tends to appear in the worst possible time. :please:

And do not feel bad about it. Hunters, hikers, and campers do it all the time.

Edited by Feather Data
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, Feather Data said:

And do not feel bad about it. Hunters and campers do it all the time.

Yeah, you're right. Not like we could do anything about that. :P It's just... How it works after all.

But it's always problematic when the urgency catches you when you're not prepared. :P

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Rikifive said:

Yeah, you're right. Not like we could do anything about that. :P It's just... How it works after all.

But it's always problematic when the urgency catches you when you're not prepared. :P

Good thing I am practicing

• Brohoof 1

Yes. Everything poops.

Even more fun, my wife and I often go on trail-rides with our horses. You can't stop a horse from making manure. However, we do shovel it off the trail itself as a courtesy to non-horse-riders. Not everyone does, of course, but we try.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Fhaolan said:

Yes. Everything poops.

Even more fun, my wife and I often go on trail-rides with our horses. You can't stop a horse from making manure. However, we do shovel it off the trail itself as a courtesy to non-horse-riders. Not everyone does, of course, but we try.

Yea, everypony poops.

and I would bury my poop, rather than shovel it off.

and it does feel very liberating, which does make it a bit fun

• Brohoof 1

I'm not surprised that you would ask a question of this nature--no pun intended here--but I'll answer the question honestly. I've never had to do such a thing given that I don't go hiking around in the woods. It's not very advisable where I live on account of the forest fires that can spring up without warning.

• Brohoof 1

19 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

I'm not surprised that you would ask a question of this nature--no pun intended here--but I'll answer the question honestly. I've never had to do such a thing given that I don't go hiking around in the woods. It's not very advisable where I live on account of the forest fires that can spring up without warning.

Yea, British Columbia has become a bit infamous for forest fires, it is a shame

2 hours ago, Fhaolan said:

Yes. Everything poops.

Oh, Do you and your wife go hiking often?