Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dark Qiviut
Message added by Jeric

Warning, there will likely be spoilers in the Episode discussion threads so venture in at your own peril. 

School Raze  

138 users have voted

1. 1. Episode: Like or Dislike?

• Tirek: *twitches right eye* (I HATE IT! >__<)
    • Young Six: *groans in disappointment* (I dislike it!)
    • Twilight: *key explodes* I guess it only works once. (…meh…)
    • Rainbow Dash: Uh, duh! (I like it!)
    • Pinkie: *snicker* I can do this allllll eternity. (I LOVE IT! <3)
  2. 2. Cozy: Fan or not?

• Cozy: Wait! Where are you going?!! STOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!!!!!! (WORST VILLAIN EVER! >__<)
    • Cozy: *slams closet door* Do you three think you could fool me?! I know a diversion when I see it! (She sucks!)
    • Cozy: AHEM! *Starlight stumbles to the floor* (…meh…)
    • Cozy: *claps as Twilight announces surprise exam* (She rocks!)
    • Cozy: YEAH! WOO-HOO! (BEST VILLAIN EVER! <3)
  3. 3. What part of Cozy as a villain do you like most?

• Casually dressing up her racism
    • Her competence
    • Befriending others to take advantage of them during crises and steal more of their magic
    • Casually being in background shots (like a non-villain)
    • Her manipulative scheming and lying (including turning their words against them)
    • Her lack of remorse
  4. 4. If the Young Six become Bearers of Harmony, when will it take place?

• S9 premiere
    • S9 finale
    • They won't!
    • Other (specify)

Note: Please keep all content and discussion not officially published by Hasbro under the "spoiler" tag, and don't link to or paste leaked assets.

The episode was first announced on Sweden's Nickelodeon (and will air in Denmark and Norway that same day), but will air in Australia in September and the U.S. in October. More to come in the coming weeks.

Title: School Raze, Parts 1 & 2

Air Dates:

1. Nickelodeon (Sweden, Denmark, Norway):
    1. August 28 (6:25pm EST, Part 1)
    2. August 29 (6:25pm EST, Part 2)
  2. Boomerang (Australia):
    1. September 7 (6:30pm EST, Part 1)
    2. September 8 (6:30pm EST, Part 2)
  3. Disc. Family (U.S.): October 13.
    1. Part 1: 11am EST
    2. Part 2: 11:30am EST

Writers:

1. Part 1: Nicole Dubuc
  2. Part 2: Josh Haber

Synopsis:

1. Part 1: When the magic of Equestria mysteriously begins to fail, Twilight leads her friends on a quest for answers, leaving the School of Friendship open to attack from a dangerous mastermind.
  2. Part 2: While Twilight and the rest of the Mane Six try to escape Tartarus, Cozy Glow furthers her plot to take over the School of Friendship with only Twilight's students and the CMC's to stop her!

Extra Note: This is the Season 8 finale!

A user on EQD, Kuco, is planning to stream the event.

Also, from @Jeric:

Brush up on your knowledge of everything you've seen and heard in season 8

You're going to need it

Video links (SendVid):

1. Part 1:
    Spoiler

HD, Swedish-to-English fansub: https://sendvid.com/0a0jncm4

HD, English, PAL speedup fix: https://sendvid.com/j7fmdq8o

2. Part 2:

Spoiler

HD, Swedish-to-English fansub: https://sendvid.com/cqmfvkcx

HD, English, PAL speedup fix: https://sendvid.com/q7080xsp

Edited by Dark Qiviut
De-spoilered writers, synopses; added polls and US premiere date!
  • Brohoof 9

Can they fit ALL THIS in 2 episodes and give all these characters something to do?

I mean we have the Mane 6 and Spike going to Tartarus, Tirek will be there; and on the other end we have the Student 6, CMCs, Cozy Glow, and Neighsay at the school! Iunno what Starlight's doing!

• Brohoof 3

(edited)
6 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

Can they fit ALL THIS in 2 episodes and give all these characters something to do?

Hide contents

I mean we have the Mane 6 and Spike going to Tartarus, Tirek will be there; and on the other end we have the Student 6, CMCs, Cozy Glow, and Neighsay at the school! Iunno what Starlight's doing!

I'll give a guess (which will be 99.9% wrong).

Spoiler

Cozy Glow plans to conquer the school, but is also having second thoughts. Starlight's usage comes in the form of helping Cozy see the light, who in turn will form an alliance with Tirek, who helps the RM6 escape Tartarus earlier in the episode.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 3

3 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

I'll give a guess (which will be 99.9% wrong).

Hide contents

Cozy Glow plans to conquer the school, but is also having second thoughts. Starlight's usage comes in the form of helping Cozy see the light, who in turn will form an alliance with Tirek, who helps the RM6 escape Tartarus earlier in the episode.

Maybe but I believe Tirek is gonna be a connection to the next season! Him and Grogar if Grogar's appearing in here, which I think he might have a cameo!

Spoiler

I wonder what shall become of the Students 6?

And from a more fanfic level what might be left for the Will Guides to discover, grow, and learn from?

(edited)
3 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

Hide contents

Maybe but I believe Tirek is gonna be a connection to the next season! Him and Grogar if Grogar's appearing in here, which I think he might have a cameo!

MAJOR S9 leaked content spoilers under the tag:

Spoiler

There's a Flash puppet of Cozy and Tirek in crystallized form. He'll be there.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 2

After witnessing all of the promotional material for this episode, while I am still am really excited to see Tirek again, I must admit that I am getting increasingly wary of it's quality, purely as a result of the fact that it seems like an awful amount of key plot points and characters to focus on simultaneously and the basic premise of the whole situation just seems...odd.:confused:

I'm still optimistic, I'm not going to judge anything or state facts which I am incapable of predicting right now, but I will say that I am approaching "School Raze" somewhat cautiously until it's upcoming release.:rarity:

Question a bit off-topic and sort of not smart: if I want to watch this not on stream event, but in the future, this will be available in a few days/one to two weeks after on Dailymotion services, yes or no? Thanks in advance

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Iam said:

Question a bit off-topic and sort of not smart: if I want to watch this not on stream event, but in the future, this will be available in a few days/one to two weeks after on Dailymotion services, yes or no? Thanks in advance

As long as someone posts it online (whether it's on DailyMotion, SendVid, or MegaUpload), there will be a link to it in my OP, and they're usually posted online about a few hours after airing.

1pzoro.jpg.04623523d94fa2ea889684f345085ba4.jpg

Sweden yes! Let's end this. At least now our spirited and diligent followers of these late seasons could state with not a lie under their fingers that a redeemed character they admire is indeed something that could be described as a warlock under very loose and visually exclusive terms. And so another one bites the dust, yet I feel neither rage nor frustration. The end approaches.

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 2:49 PM, Ganondox said:

Wait, this is going out in August in Norway? Crazy release scheduleds. 

In this case, In Norway and Sweden and France and other countries , MLP's Schedulde is Mon-Fri. Which would explain the early release of the S8 Finale in those countries.

Spoiler

When the magic of Equestria mysteriously begins to fail, Twilight leads her friends on a quest for answers, leaving the School of Friendship open to attack from a dangerous mastermind.

Oh god... I'm being hyped, but I'm wondering. Why would this 'Dangerous Mastermind' only go after the school?

Spoiler

While Twilight and the rest of the Mane Six try to escape Tarturus, Cozy Glow furthers her plot to take over the School of Friendship with only Twilight's students and the CMCs to stop her!

Cozy Glow huh? I wonder what her motives are? And how she is going to get this done?

On 8/15/2018 at 4:14 PM, Will Guide said:
  Hide contents

I wonder what shall become of the Students 6?

And from a more fanfic level what might be left for the Will Guides to discover, grow, and learn from?

Hide contents

They will still officially remain secondary characters (although most fans are treating them like main characters), like Starlight. I don't want them to graduate this quickly. Not only that, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie are the only official main characters that still don't have an episode that has anything to do with the School of Friendship, so should we get any more Student Six episodes, I want some of them also involving Flutters and Pinkie, both of whom are getting far less appearance time than Rainbow Dash and Rarity this season and hopefully, definitely not in Season 9.

• Brohoof 1

*AHEM* YO!

Foxtel in Australia announced that School Raze, Part 1 will air on Saturday, Sept. 8 at 8:25am local time (9/7/18 at 6:25pm EST). As such, its synopsis is added.

Part 2 not listed yet, so it'll likely be the following day.

*AHEM!* Attention!!

Foxtel released Part 2's synopsis. It's really spoiler-y, so I put it (and Part 1's from yesterday) under the tag.

Spoiler

Click here to read it. Again, a HUGE spoiler!

As of now, these are the questions I will ask with the Season Finale airing in two days.

Spoiler

1) How exactly will The Mane Six and Spike escape Tatarus?

2) What is Starlight Glimmer's role in the Season 8 Finale?

3) What role will Tirek play in the Season Finale as well?

4) The same can also be said of the Cutie Mark Crusaders

5) Will we see a cue from Twilight's Kingdom and see Starlight take on Tirek?

And finally?

6) How will this all end?  Especially with Neighsay, Cozy GLow and Tirek?

(edited)

Gonna make a spoiled comment that will rile people (related to the finale and S9 leaks).

Spoiler

Flim & Flam, Dust, Chrysalis, and Tirek are the five longest-running antagonists of the series. Out of all of them, Tirek makes the most sense to reform. While one of the evilest characters in the show, he also has enough wiggle room in his character (i.e., bitterness towards his brother, millennia-long imprisonment) that can become justified.

As a villain, he's likely done. He escaped and gained one big purpose as a villain: to rob all of Equestria's magic and be its king. That plot failed: The Mane Six resentenced him to Tartarus. It makes no sense for DHX to recycle his quest a second time, unless you do something really creative with it.

Also, Part 1 to air in under an hour.

Edited by Dark Qiviut

1 hour ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Gonna make a spoiled comment that will rile people (related to the finale and S9 leaks).

Hide contents

Flim & Flam, Dust, Chrysalis, and Tirek are the five longest-running antagonists of the series. Out of all of them, Tirek makes the most sense to reform. While one of the evilest characters in the show, he also has enough wiggle room in his character (i.e., bitterness towards his brother, millennia-long imprisonment) that can become justified.

As a villain, he's likely done. He escaped and gained one big purpose as a villain: to rob all of Equestria's magic and be its king. That plot failed: The Mane Six resentenced him to Tartarus. It makes no sense for DHX to recycle his quest a second time, unless you do something really creative with it.

Also, Part 1 to air in under an hour.

by who/what international channel?

(edited)

Finished Part 1! Got some comments (S9 spoilers included):

Spoiler

Is there a red herring in this two-parter? I believe so.

Spoiler

I think it's Neighsay. Cozy Glow's pitch was a little deeper than usual to conclude it, making me think she's older than she looks. And she mocked him as Starlight's trapped in that circle of magic with the six magical artifacts, who likely belong to the Young Six at the end. I highly suspect she brainwashed him, calling back to Cozy drugging Starlight early in Part 1.

Also, Tirek's more involved in Part 1 than I predicted. He's really manipulative and quite creepy, with maybe a little lecherous gesture or two to Twilight. He cut a deal to them: free him, and he'll help them escape Tartarus.

Also (S9 spoilers):

Spoiler

There's a puppet of both Tirek and Cozy stuck together as a stained glass statue, rather than crystals or stone. I suspect that Cozy and Tirek not only made a pact, but became allies, too. The stained-glass fate may be conclude the finale's climax.

Edited by Dark Qiviut