Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dark Qiviut
Message added by Jeric

Warning, there will likely be spoilers in the Episode discussion threads so venture in at your own peril. 

School Raze  

138 users have voted

1. 1. Episode: Like or Dislike?

• Tirek: *twitches right eye* (I HATE IT! >__<)
    • Young Six: *groans in disappointment* (I dislike it!)
    • Twilight: *key explodes* I guess it only works once. (…meh…)
    • Rainbow Dash: Uh, duh! (I like it!)
    • Pinkie: *snicker* I can do this allllll eternity. (I LOVE IT! <3)
  2. 2. Cozy: Fan or not?

• Cozy: Wait! Where are you going?!! STOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!!!!!! (WORST VILLAIN EVER! >__<)
    • Cozy: *slams closet door* Do you three think you could fool me?! I know a diversion when I see it! (She sucks!)
    • Cozy: AHEM! *Starlight stumbles to the floor* (…meh…)
    • Cozy: *claps as Twilight announces surprise exam* (She rocks!)
    • Cozy: YEAH! WOO-HOO! (BEST VILLAIN EVER! <3)
  3. 3. What part of Cozy as a villain do you like most?

• Casually dressing up her racism
    • Her competence
    • Befriending others to take advantage of them during crises and steal more of their magic
    • Casually being in background shots (like a non-villain)
    • Her manipulative scheming and lying (including turning their words against them)
    • Her lack of remorse
  4. 4. If the Young Six become Bearers of Harmony, when will it take place?

• S9 premiere
    • S9 finale
    • They won't!
    • Other (specify)

A lot happened in these episodes and it did not feel rushed. Cozy unlike all the other major villains, she lacks powerful magic, she causes all this mess with her knowledge and manipulative skills. So far she and her backstory remains a mystery, I guess we will learn more about her in season 9. Before watching this episode I though that cozy worked for neighsey, so the fact that she worked with tirek surprised me, even if I knew tirek will appear here.

Tirek on the other hand was more goofy here than I would have liked, and how did he managed to write cozy glow from tartarus? There were some plot holes but overall it was an enjoyable episode and I am looking forward to see cozy's interaction with tirek next season. In addition, it was nice to see the cmc in the finale even if they did not do a lot.   8\10  

Cozy Glow is a scheme for this one. They anticipated the disappearance of magic in Equestria. We can't defend Equestria without magic! At the last part of the eighth season finale, the Equestrian magic is back thanks to the Young Six who restored all Equestrian magic and released Starlight Glimmer from there! Cozy Glow is sent to Tartarus for doing something schemy with all of Equestrian magic.

I will say this is a great episode and the season finale too! :-D :love:

• 2 weeks later...

Cozy looks and acts almost exactly like Darla Dimple from Cat's Don't Dance. 
She is evil, manipulative, and probably had the most intelligent plan of any villain in the entire series by far. She is now my favorite villain. 

• 2 months later...
(edited)

Few words said about this episode: COZY. GLOW. IS. A. BITCH! Pardon my language. I'm HAPPY that this is ONE villain that they didn't forgive. Thanks too the school mane-6, I guarantee that the school mane-6 are gonna become the heroes towards the end of season 9. Juuuuuuuuuust a hunch

Edited by SunburstRainbow2019

• 1 month later...

Nope quite a few people mentioned that we get them in this episode. There's actually two when she first gets apprehended one white and that blue one.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
(edited)

Idk I didn't find cozy a strong villian kinda funni maybe lol I couldnt get a sense of her motives other than a twisted sense of friendship but that on it's own doesn't explain why to me.

I mean I sorta enjoyed it but it was more sad to see her get locked up after she had made friends with the cutie crusaders and all. Like what went wrong really. We didn't see the development leading to it just that she had a pen pal and blah. Was she evil beforehand or what

Otherwise a lot of the plot was interesting and that. 

Edited by flurry

• 4 months later...

Maybe it's just because I watched this back-to-back with the dreary season 7 finale, but I liked this considerably more the second time - consider my reaction upgraded to a thumbs up. I still think the setup in the first half is a little dry; the storytelling here is still fairly predictable. But the stuff with the mane six in Tartarus is still lovely, and on second viewing I actually found the student six stuff is not that far off, especially in the second episode. Those kids are so charming that I'm willing to forgive how much they bloat out the main cast. Plus it's nice to see the CMC contribute to saving Equestria for once. 

I'm also warmer on Cozy Glow here - somehow I didn't give enough credit to her true nature, though it might also be that I'm more open to this character after she was so delightful in season 9. Her motive makes no sense, but all of the other characters seem confused by it too, so it just makes her funnier. There's a lot of other things here that don't add up, but - like the season 6 finale - I find this to be so much fun that I don't mind, though this one doesn't have as much substance. In general I think the second half is really solid, and this time around I was mostly just bored by the setup, which is most of the first half but not all of it.

My other main problem remains Neighsay, who I don't like and wish didn't get to save the day. I like this show's naivete, but having the racist stop being racist because non-ponies saved him still feels like a bit much; at this point I just don't think he's qualified to be in charge of education in Equestria. Celestia should fire him... if that's even something she can do, because who knows how Equestria's government works anymore. Whatever, this one is a lot of fun. 

Oh and Tree Ex Machina still rules. It's kinda crazy that the writers apparently wrote themselves into a corner so badly that they needed to pull that out of nowhere, but it does fit; the Tree demonstrates the power of friendship, but also seems to understand what it's really about. 

Also I didn't notice this the first time but this confirms a theory I've recently developed about alicorns. Some people seem to think being an alicorn makes you better at magic, but I don't think that's true; it just means you have the magic of all three types of pony - nothing more, nothing less. Celestia and Luna are good at magic because they're old, Tirek wanted alicorn magic because it's a lot of magic, Twilight was already really good at magic as a unicorn and became even better at it due to studying and practice. It has nothing to do with being a powerful unicorn. 

• 3 months later...

I hate betrayers more than everthing!!!!

And serious does cozy glow know what she is dowing.

realy it Will become nigt forever the weather cant be Controlled by pegasi.

and there is one more thing i want to talk about pinkie pie.

When all magic returned she get also magic back🤔.

and don’t think for one second that that explains her chaos power.

when only the magic of artifect there was pinkie become a pizza delivery person

• 2 months later...

Cozy Glow is now the new-then final villain of the series, and yeah, I already hated her.

This episode itself was mediocre at best, personally.

• 1 month later...

It wasnt my favorite of all the Season Finals since it had a anticlimatic ending kinda, but it was still good enough.

I already miss the Student Six and cant wait for to finally watch Season 9, so it did its job!

Cozy Glow is an interesting villain, but i didnt really understood her plan all to much. I get it, thats the point of the Episode that Cozys actions are illogical and she didnt got it, but that was what had me confused as well. Like i said, the resolution to what she planned and the final was kind off bad.

• 2 years later...

I honestly feel like the first part went very good and had a really interesting ideia to continue with part 2, but i just felt part 2 was just a little rushed and felt a little meh in the ending, i would say this is totally better than season 7 finale which not only the evil was just generic, the whole thing felt SUPER rushed, at least here the ideias were good just not used very well and ended up too fast.

I also don't care about Cozy Glow, she is uhm, not really interesting? like, i don't know how she will be in season 9, but i would love if she was way more chaotic than she already is, it feels like she could be a memorable villain but fails sadly.