Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dark Qiviut
Message added by Jeric

Warning, there will likely be spoilers in the Episode discussion threads so venture in at your own peril. 

School Raze  

138 users have voted

1. 1. Episode: Like or Dislike?

• Tirek: *twitches right eye* (I HATE IT! >__<)
    • Young Six: *groans in disappointment* (I dislike it!)
    • Twilight: *key explodes* I guess it only works once. (…meh…)
    • Rainbow Dash: Uh, duh! (I like it!)
    • Pinkie: *snicker* I can do this allllll eternity. (I LOVE IT! <3)
  2. 2. Cozy: Fan or not?

• Cozy: Wait! Where are you going?!! STOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!!!!!! (WORST VILLAIN EVER! >__<)
    • Cozy: *slams closet door* Do you three think you could fool me?! I know a diversion when I see it! (She sucks!)
    • Cozy: AHEM! *Starlight stumbles to the floor* (…meh…)
    • Cozy: *claps as Twilight announces surprise exam* (She rocks!)
    • Cozy: YEAH! WOO-HOO! (BEST VILLAIN EVER! <3)
  3. 3. What part of Cozy as a villain do you like most?

• Casually dressing up her racism
    • Her competence
    • Befriending others to take advantage of them during crises and steal more of their magic
    • Casually being in background shots (like a non-villain)
    • Her manipulative scheming and lying (including turning their words against them)
    • Her lack of remorse
  4. 4. If the Young Six become Bearers of Harmony, when will it take place?

• S9 premiere
    • S9 finale
    • They won't!
    • Other (specify)

This has the potential to be one of the best finales in the series so far.

Does anyone know why the Student 6 had their suspicions about Cozy in the beginning? Was it something she said to them? 

What was Neighsay's motive to restrain the Student 6? What is he going to do with them?

(edited)
9 hours ago, JH24 said:

This has the potential to be one of the best finales in the series so far.

Hide contents

Does anyone know why the Student 6 had their suspicions about Cozy in the beginning? Was it something she said to them? 

What was Neighsay's motive to restrain the Student 6? What is he going to do with them?

Spoiler
  1. In What Lies Beneath, Cozy said some really racist stuff, but hid it underneath her sweetness. Here, Cozy became the sudden de facto, courtesy of a mysterious letter signed by "Starlight" after she stayed back to manage the school in TS's absence. And she threatened extra homework for Smolder (while using racist language).
  2. Neighsay believes the Creature Five are responsible for the magic drainage throughout Equestria. With them arrested, he'll send them home.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Nah, it was towards EQD who are taking an eternity for them to update the post with the subs :catface:

A commentator posted the Part 1 sub this morning. I pasted the link in the OP after replying to you. ^_^

For now, let me say this about Part 1. Will contain angry yelling.

Spoiler

Neighsay is an assuming idiot, as well a racist. He believes Twilight and co. are skipping school for some "Friendship Trip" and deems her unworthy. DOESN'T HE REALIZE THAT THIS IS NO FRIENDSHIP TRIP, IT'S TO SAVE EQUESTRIAN MAGIC?

Also on a side note, IF Chrysalis doesn't appear in part 2, she'd better appear at least one more time in Season 9

• Brohoof 1

Yesterday, some of my questions were answered with Part 1 of School Raze.  But now, I have some new questions I'm hoping gets answered

Spoiler

1) How will the Student Six and Cutie Mark Crusaders deal with Cozy Glow(And maybe Tirek)

2) How will Starlight Glimmer escape her orb prison?

3) And how will the Mane Six and Spike escape Tatarus

4) How will Neighsay react when Cozy Glow turns on him?

5) What is Tirek's ultimate goal once he obtains the magic?

6) What will be the final fate of Neighsay, Cozy Glow and Tirek?

I look forward to see it with subs, but it seems like a great finale.

- The Student 6 using the Artifacts to release all the magic.

- Cozy Glow made for a great villain.

- Neighsay turned out not to be the real villain at all.

Edited by JH24

15 hours ago, Goat-kun said:

The lameness of Tartarus has exceeded my expectations. That said, the episode does have two redeeming features. People who know me will understand.

for me it was really sad to see all of those animals locked up in a cage, oh I guess there is Tirek

• Brohoof 1

I’m so excited that I don’t give a shit about subs right now. I’m sure I can put the pieces together  :fluttershy:

ok:

Spoiler

The dude was reformed, and the girl was banished to Tartarus..... oh, and Royal Guard mares are canon :fluttershy:

Edited by Steve Piranha

6 hours ago, R.D.Dash said:

for me it was really sad to see all of those animals locked up in a cage, oh I guess there is Tirek

It was sad. Like one of those neglected animal shelters. I mean, weren't some of those "monsters" for sale in Trade Ya? I knew Tartarus would be shit, but not this shit. This is a whole new level of shit. On the plus side, Cozy is a far better villain than Starlight. Everything that villain Starlight was supposed to be good at, Cozy did better.

Soooo ... I get two new lumps of iron to bash fanboys with:  the incredulously bad Tartarus and Cozy. Think of all the frustrated feels meme faces the Starfoals will make now that their waifu got reduced to a shit tier schemer who got beaten by a little foal.

• Brohoof 1

Spoiler

Not only did Tirek NOT get reformed, but he never left Tartarus. He helped Cozy from his cell by luring them away from the school. But because he told them who's the mastermind, the RM7 figured out a way to escape his trap: make him so miserable so he gave up his magic and let them free so Pinkie stops driving him crazy.

Cozy's plan failed, courtesy of the Tree coming through just in time. When the Young Six dove their arms/legs into the orbs containing the artifacts, the plan was ruined (and the items probably destroyed, but their fates are unknown. Secondly, after Cozy failed to reform, she was arrested and sent to Tartarus, sharing his room while I'm a much smaller cell.

Cozy, for that matter, tricked Neighsay and manipulated everyone in the school to turn against him, including chaining him up in Twilight's office. The Student Six, freed by Sandbar and the CMCs, thanks to a crowbar prying the locked window open, also freed Neighsay, and he redeemed himself, also apologizing directly to the Student Six.

20 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

It was sad. Like one of those neglected animal shelters. I mean, weren't some of those "monsters" for sale in Trade Ya? I knew Tartarus would be shit, but not this shit. This is a whole new level of shit. On the plus side, Cozy is a far better villain than Starlight. Everything that villain Starlight was supposed to be good at, Cozy did better.

Soooo ... I get two new lumps of iron to bash fanboys with:  the incredulously bad Tartarus and Cozy. Think of all the frustrated feels meme faces the Starfoals will make now that their waifu got reduced to a shit tier schemer who got beaten by a little foal.

As a fanboy
Tartarus really fuckin sucked.
I still like the shot of it from season fourr with the spire prisons (Still one present as Tirek is there) but god the surrounding area was very lame, even in the M6 running shot it was just a tond of reused animals and hardly any new designs. 
Could have been much more. I guess we know how easy it was for him to escape now the first time, he's like..right next to the door. 

That said despite only seeing some snippets and reading a lot of opinions, this finale still sounds really good.

• Brohoof 2

33 minutes ago, RyanMahaffe said:

As a fanboy
Tartarus really fuckin sucked.
I still like the shot of it from season fourr with the spire prisons (Still one present as Tirek is there) but god the surrounding area was very lame, even in the M6 running shot it was just a tond of reused animals and hardly any new designs. 
Could have been much more. I guess we know how easy it was for him to escape now the first time, he's like..right next to the door. 

That said despite only seeing some snippets and reading a lot of opinions, this finale still sounds really good.

It wasn't bad. It juggled all the relevant characters pretty decently. But from now on I'm disregarding all the FIM lore and worldbuilding. It's a joke, so I'm gonna have fun with it. Bring forth all the conspiracies and eldritch gods.

2 hours ago, Goat-kun said:

It wasn't bad. It juggled all the relevant characters pretty decently. But from now on I'm disregarding all the FIM lore and worldbuilding. It's a joke, so I'm gonna have fun with it. Bring forth all the conspiracies and eldritch gods.

I think Tartarus was very underwhelming but I still like most of the other bits of worldbuilding and lore we have gotten this season, not as much as previous ones though. 
I don't even thing the Tartarus thing wouldn't have bugged me so much if they just didn't reuse the same 4 creatures 12 times

1 hour ago, RyanMahaffe said:

I think Tartarus was very underwhelming but I still like most of the other bits of worldbuilding and lore we have gotten this season, not as much as previous ones though. 
I don't even thing the Tartarus thing wouldn't have bugged me so much if they just didn't reuse the same 4 creatures 12 times

It' not just about the creatures. It's about the concept. About the awesomeness. FIM lore, inconsistent, boring, and neglected as it is, cannot sell itself. Things like Tartarus are here just to signal to the world how hip and edgy FIM is. It doesn't work when you turn your underworld into the Littlest Pet Shop.

• Brohoof 3