Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Account Removed

I am a Self Proclaimed music critic.

I speak the words of truth.

I do not listen to electronic music because for the most part i feel nothing while listening to it so i have heard less of it and i have less to compare this to.

I think that it has some great aspects and some bad ones.

P.S. this is an honest opinion and tone is hard to get through text so don't  read it with an angry tone because it is a criticism and not hate.

For one i think the build-up is amazing and well done. I also have a thing for cut audio clips repeating(not sure what the word for it is) so thats a + for me as well.

But i really cant say this song is great because while maybe i don't understand this genre of music i would definitely say this song does not go anywhere.

A song does not feel right when it has a good build-up but it actually goes nowhere.

There are times in this song where it was set up to have a lot more but it just repeats.

I would say it is good for what there is.

Next time make a build-up actually lead somewhere, people have favorite songs because the songs have a uniqueness to them which is usually missed when listening to it once, thus why people listen to the song again, to get all of it. This song has nothing more to show.

22 minutes ago, Unity said:

I am a Self Proclaimed music critic.

I speak the words of truth.

I do not listen to electronic music because for the most part i feel nothing while listening to it so i have heard less of it and i have less to compare this to.

I think that it has some great aspects and some bad ones.

P.S. this is an honest opinion and tone is hard to get through text so don't  read it with an angry tone because it is a criticism and not hate.

For one i think the build-up is amazing and well done. I also have a thing for cut audio clips repeating(not sure what the word for it is) so thats a + for me as well.

But i really cant say this song is great because while maybe i don't understand this genre of music i would definitely say this song does not go anywhere.

A song does not feel right when it has a good build-up but it actually goes nowhere.

There are times in this song where it was set up to have a lot more but it just repeats.

I would say it is good for what there is.

Next time make a build-up actually lead somewhere, people have favorite songs because the songs have a uniqueness to them which is usually missed when listening to it once, thus why people listen to the song again, to get all of it. This song has nothing more to show.

Thanks for your critic. About the vocal chop, I've just picked one of the episodes from the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic show that has the song, removed the background music and chopped it randomly.

By the way, I would like to know what do you mean "A song does not feel right when it has a good build-up but it actually goes nowhere" and the reason why you think like this.

Thanks.

26 minutes ago, Voltex Pixel said:

Thanks for your critic. About the vocal chop, I've just picked one of the episodes from the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic show that has the song, removed the background music and chopped it randomly.

By the way, I would like to know what do you mean "A song does not feel right when it has a good build-up but it actually goes nowhere" and the reason why you think like this.

Thanks.

I will try to make it more clear. I am not great at explaining things.

So i would say that the beat *drops* at about 0:50 into the song. But at about 2:09 the song sounds like a beat will drop again but it just sort of inclines which is the opposite of a beat drop and instead of adding to the song it completely changes it. After the change it goes right back to normal.

I would say what makes a good song is its ability to keep a steady Rhythm throughout the entire song but also when the songs drops or inclines adds layers to the song.

So think of it as adding layers to a song instead of changing it. I would say your song has about 2 layers in it but there is another 2 layers halfway through the song.

That's just my own weird way of saying keep the song as its own and just add to it not just create an entirely new beat to it.

Also, what do you use to make music software wise?

Edited by Unity

(edited)
2 hours ago, Unity said:

I will try to make it more clear. I am not great at explaining things.

So i would say that the beat *drops* at about 0:50 into the song. But at about 2:09 the song sounds like a beat will drop again but it just sort of inclines which is the opposite of a beat drop and instead of adding to the song it completely changes it. After the change it goes right back to normal.

I would say what makes a good song is its ability to keep a steady Rhythm throughout the entire song but also when the songs drops or inclines adds layers to the song.

So think of it as adding layers to a song instead of changing it. I would say your song has about 2 layers in it but there is another 2 layers halfway through the song.

That's just my own weird way of saying keep the song as its own and just add to it not just create an entirely new beat to it.

Also, what do you use to make music software wise?

Talking about 0:50, to be honest, I didn't intend to make that part as the drop, but I have added this part to put the vocal a bit more smoothly. Of course, I could put the vocal by adding fade-in effect, but sadly, this didn't make it very smooth.

To talk about 2:09, yes, I did make the drop part differently to make the song unique. I know that adding like this can be abnormal to someone, but this is quite common for some Electronic genres (especially EDM).

Anyway, thanks for your specific review. :)

Edited by Voltex Pixel

Ok. 

It's...just ok. You used a 4-chord progression, but you staled it out way early in the piece. What you need is to learn how to vary up your progressions and maybe use the relative minor. Here are some progression suggestions:

IV-I-vi-V

I-vi-ii-V

ii-I-IV-V

vi-ii-IV-V

IV-I-V-III7

There are many more progressions you can use. 

Watch your sampling. You overused that vocal sample. Either change it's melody or don't use it again in the piece. Oversampling and repetitive sampling are both big turn-offs for listeners and knowing this is EDM, no one would want to listen because it is very repetitive. 

Your transitions need work. Make sure you use sweep-ins and sweep-outs especially when you are cutting off your drum kit. Run your saws through filters and at this time, it would be a perfect time to shift to the relative minor of your chosen key, which is D major. 

All in all, this piece needs a lot of work, but really...it needs to be redone and reworked. You need to really work on developing your ideas and learning how to change things up. A great aspect of an excellent music piece is that there is change, not like every second, but change that makes your listener stay engaged with the piece. Please don't be discouraged by my critique, for everyone isn't perfect but we can strive to be the best we can. 

20 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Ok. 

It's...just ok. You used a 4-chord progression, but you staled it out way early in the piece. What you need is to learn how to vary up your progressions and maybe use the relative minor. Here are some progression suggestions:

IV-I-vi-V

I-vi-ii-V

ii-I-IV-V

vi-ii-IV-V

IV-I-V-III7

There are many more progressions you can use. 

Watch your sampling. You overused that vocal sample. Either change it's melody or don't use it again in the piece. Oversampling and repetitive sampling are both big turn-offs for listeners and knowing this is EDM, no one would want to listen because it is very repetitive. 

Your transitions need work. Make sure you use sweep-ins and sweep-outs especially when you are cutting off your drum kit. Run your saws through filters and at this time, it would be a perfect time to shift to the relative minor of your chosen key, which is D major. 

All in all, this piece needs a lot of work, but really...it needs to be redone and reworked. You need to really work on developing your ideas and learning how to change things up. A great aspect of an excellent music piece is that there is change, not like every second, but change that makes your listener stay engaged with the piece. Please don't be discouraged by my critique, for everyone isn't perfect but we can strive to be the best we can. 

Thanks for your specific review! Note that I've made this soundtrack also for other purposes like use for content creators and their UGC. (Surprisingly, this song was great to listen when I watch a gameplay video that has no track with this song played)

8 hours ago, Vlazamal said:

I love this! PLEASE make more music like this.

As regards to the other commenters, I think its perfect the way it is.

I am glad you love this! Everyone has own taste in music, so while someone thinks the song is great, others can have the opposite thought. Anyway, I will be glad if you share this song with someone (or some pony) else. ;)

For two of you, again, thanks for your reviews and critics, and if you have more words to say, don't hesitate to tell me!