Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Realm of the Mad God

Ink

I really would like to play this (Mainly because Clari plays it and I can ATLEAST game with her in ONE game :P, 'cause she don't play no FPS' :( ), but, I feel like I would rage hard, plus the fact that I'm not exactly into these type of games. If only I had some interest in it, then I could play atleast one game with Clari (And LF too) :c.

• Brohoof 2

And what servers do you guys play on? I'm the user "Swampgoat" on USEast2, if anyone else is here.

I'm USSouth on the IGN Clarityy (double y).

I really would like to play this (Mainly because Clari plays it and I can ATLEAST game with her in ONE game , 'cause she don't play no FPS' ), but, I feel like I would rage hard, plus the fact that I'm not exactly into these type of games. If only I had some interest in it, then I could play atleast one game with Clari (And LF too) :c.

That's what I said to LF before I became addicted to it. You never tried it, so you can't accuse it of being not your type of game. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm USSouth on the IGN Clarityy (double y).

That's what I said to LF before I became addicted to it. You never tried it, so you can't accuse it of being not your type of game. 

Wait, so LF is the one who introduced you to it :o? I thought you told him and he got hooked :P. Then again, you never really made RotMG-type statuses until a few months ago, so that should've been an indication.

• Brohoof 2

Been a while since I played, but I would strongly vouch for this game.

Even if you don't end up being a hardcore player, I feel that any true gamer needs to experience at least several hours of it.  It's...quite the experience.  There is no hierarchy and very minimal organization, and yet dozens of players can be found cooperating at all times.  Somehow the group functions.  That alone should inspire someone to play it, if only to observe the game as a social experiment.

And as several people have brought up, one of the game's most fascinating features is permadeath.  If your character dies, (s)he is dead.  No resurrection, just dead.  You start a new character.  But don't worry, getting to the maximum level takes 30-45 minutes for an experienced player and usually under two hours for a newbie, so it doesn't take you long to get back up if your character dies.  It gives the game a fascinating little touch, adding to the group dynamic as all players work with one another for their own survival.  By the way, death doesn't happen all the time because every player can tie a key to a command that, upon pressing, IMMEDIATELY sends the player to a safe-zone.  Most players pick tilde (~), as it's very close to the WASD controls.  So if you're losing health fast, press the hotkey and wazzam, you're safe.

So...one question: Is there a Brony guild?  I did a Google search and found some mentions of one from months ago, but I wonder if one is still active.  If not, we could always form one.  In fact, I would wholeheartedly jump back in if we did.

I've found that MidWest2 tends to be the biggest server, so we would probably want to base ourselves there (although resident Applejack cultist Clarity is in the South...)

Edited by Starswirl the Goateed
  • Brohoof 1

I stopped playing this game after they did their Steam update.  <_<  It got far too laggy at that point.

It's a really good game, but it pisses me off. I lost my 5/6 rogue to a cube god when it lagged.  :(

If anyone is building a rogue, or has one, I'm pretty sure I have some good stuff in my vault still.  ;)

So...one question: Is there a Brony guild?  I did a Google search and found some mentions of one from months ago, but I wonder if one is still active.  If not, we could always form one.  In fact, I would wholeheartedly jump back in if we did.

I've found that MidWest2 tends to be the biggest server, so we would probably want to base ourselves there (although resident Applejack cultist Clarity is in the South...)

If someone makes a (not-outdated) Brony guild, I will join it. I will join it so hard. Or, how about a server that isn't really crowded, for lower latency? I don't really go to other servers though, so I'm not sure if it's a big deal or anything.

I stopped playing this game after they did their Steam update.  <_<  It got far too laggy at that point.

It's a really good game, but it pisses me off. I lost my 5/6 rogue to a cube god when it lagged.  :(

If anyone is building a rogue, or has one, I'm pretty sure I have some good stuff in my vault still.  ;)

Ah, the lag makes sense, with Steam and all. I've picked it back up recently though, and I think it's not really that laggy anymore. Even though there's more people than ever, Kabam got quite a bit of servers running, so it's about the same as when I started playing.

Ah, the lag makes sense, with Steam and all. I've picked it back up recently though, and I think it's not really that laggy anymore. Even though there's more people than ever, Kabam got quite a bit of servers running, so it's about the same as when I started playing.

Kabam is hosting it now?  :blink:  I don't even know who that is. xD

If it isn't that bad, I may start playing again. Maybe. It kinda caused some issues when  I did play it. That and BO2 takes up a lot of time.  :P

So, I just got the game for Steam, and I'm literally running around in circles because I have no idea how to play this. 

Apparently you can spend 50 coins to start out as a Priest, but a few mins after that, I realized that I just wasted 50 coins, because I guess you can unlock the priest just by playing as the first class you get (Wizard) until level 5, which isn't hard to get to. So I wasted those coins like an idiot.

Oh, and I HATE the priest btw. His attacks are SO slow, and since it's just one projectile, it's a lot more inaccurate than the Wizard's.

It seems like a pretty charming game though. It reminds me of Pokemon rumble. I don't mind playing with you dudes (I kind of got it for that reason)

Anyways I'll probably figure out this game soon. That's how I normally play games, because I always ignore the tutorials and tips they give you,

Edited by Urdnot Pinkie Pie

So, I just got the game for Steam, and I'm literally running around in circles because I have no idea how to play this. 

Apparently you can spend 50 coins to start out as a Priest, but a few mins after that, I realized that I just wasted 50 coins, because I guess you can unlock the priest just by playing as the first class you get (Wizard) until level 5, which isn't hard to get to. So I wasted those coins like an idiot.

Oh, and I HATE the priest btw. His attacks are SO slow, and since it's just one projectile, it's a lot more inaccurate than the Wizard's.

It seems like a pretty charming game though. It reminds me of Pokemon rumble. I don't mind playing with you dudes (I kind of got it for that reason)

Anyways I'll probably figure out this game soon. That's how I normally play games, because I always ignore the tutorials and tips they give you,

Yeah, the priest isn't all that great. It's good to have one with you though, especially when you're fighting the gods.  :P

The best thing to do is run around and do quests, or if you think you're pony enough go to the god lands and leech XP from other people killing them.  :ph34r:

The priest may be weak but he has a niche of being able to heal himself at any time. I personally hate using him, though. Necro best class FTW.

Read the wiki, it's clocked full of information.

Also, here's a useful guide for newbies: http://bluenosersguide.weebly.com/ 

Since everyone's talking about the priest, I'll say that I heard someone call it a "training-wheels" class, and that's pretty much what it is. Basically, it has a low max attack and dex, and it uses the wand, which is the weakest weapon set. However, the wand has the longest range at about 10.1 or something, and his tome can heal to max health really quick. Also has highest wisdom so you don't have to worry about running out of MP to heal. Basically, really hard to die with priest, really slow to farm or kill things.

Anyway, I kinda suck at this, so yes, my favourite class is the priest. Got him to 2/8 with 1k fame, not so impressive, but still my best.

Anyway, I kinda suck at this, so yes, my favourite class is the priest. Got him to 2/8 with 1k fame, not so impressive, but still my best.

Heh, pro :o I'm quite the noob. My highest fame count was only somewhere around 500. I've only maxed one stat, speed, and my necro just died afterwards so it was a total waste. I only played for a month, though. :P

I play this game every day of my life. Seriously.

I switch between playing in a browser and playing in Steam.

Been playing for a while. 5 months at least I'd say.

Anywho, got my mithril shield in my vault and a life, buying abby armor liek a baus for 4 def, saving up to max my knight.

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme

Ya'll can't handle my intense skillz. ;)

Unfortunately I die a lot. X3

• Brohoof 1

Heh, pro :o I'm quite the noob. My highest fame count was only somewhere around 500. I've only maxed one stat, speed, and my necro just died afterwards so it was a total waste. I only played for a month, though. :P

Heh, there's really not much of a difference between 500 and 1k fame, depending on how you stack bonuses. I just fished this out from a thread on a different forum. This was on July 2012, I think I stopped playing shortly after.

ngbbs4ff375547d739.jpg

Thirsty, Enemy of the Gods, Accurate, Sharpshooter, Explorer, Friend of the Cubes, Well Equipped, First Born, 473 base fame.

Anyway, you used to be able to get Thirsty (lvl 20, never drank a potion) even by drinking potions. You would drop a potion, and then drink it while it's not in your inventory. They fixed that now, so you can't do it anymore. I still don't really find potions useful though, so it's all good.

I personally think dex is easier to max than speed, because Sprite World gives you a guaranteed drop. The 1k priest maxed speed and dex. You're probably better than me though, since Necro is more offensively based, and thus less of a "training-wheels" class.

I play this game every day of my life. Seriously.

I switch between playing in a browser and playing in Steam.

Been playing for a while. 5 months at least I'd say.

Anywho, got my mithril shield in my vault and a life, buying abby armor liek a baus for 4 def, saving up to max my knight.

img-1061407-1-watch-out-we-got-a-badass-

Ya'll can't handle my intense skillz. ;)

Unfortunately I die a lot. X3

That's pretty hardcore. You're probably one of the people I leech off of when trying to get a level 20 quicker. Heh. ;)

Edited by Railrunner
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
That's pretty hardcore. You're probably one of the people I leech off of when trying to get a level 20 quicker. Heh.

Lightning Fluttershy's definitely not a pro ;):unsure: 

I'm thinking of creating an MLP guild, but of course we'll need more members than just me, you, Wubsie, and LF. I'm still hoping that more people from these forums would play this game, goddamit.  :angry:

• Brohoof 1

I used to play this game a lot I kept trying to get the Kongregate ants as pets which requires you to unlock Ninja class. After about thirty sum tries I got to frustrated to continue. If there were some people that are willing to play I start back up. It's always nice to play with some friends on games that you like. If anyone wants to play my username is Blooshroom.

I used to play this game a lot I kept trying to get the Kongregate ants as pets which requires you to unlock Ninja class. After about thirty sum tries I got to frustrated to continue. If there were some people that are willing to play I start back up. It's always nice to play with some friends on games that you like. If anyone wants to play my username is Blooshroom.

Wow, I kinda forgot about RotMG, I'm gonna play some more now. Do you play on the USEast2 server? No one else does on this thread, so it's real pony-less when I play. :(

Fun tip if you die a lot before reaching level 20 (I assume, since you want to get the Ninja class), just remap the Nexus hotkey to a really quick to press key like "Z" or "F". Saves you from a lot of deaths.

Wow, I kinda forgot about RotMG, I'm gonna play some more now. Do you play on the USEast2 server? No one else does on this thread, so it's real pony-less when I play. :(

Fun tip if you die a lot before reaching level 20 (I assume, since you want to get the Ninja class), just remap the Nexus hotkey to a really quick to press key like "Z" or "F". Saves you from a lot of deaths.

I do that (My hotkey is E) when I'm playing I'm always doing very well and then a horde of a high level enemy comes over and obliterates me before I can. Most of the time this happens I'm at about half health. After about the seventh time this has happened you just stop because of shear frustration. If your interested in playing together sometime I play on USMidwest 2.

I do that (My hotkey is E) when I'm playing I'm always doing very well and then a horde of a high level enemy comes over and obliterates me before I can. Most of the time this happens I'm at about half health. After about the seventh time this has happened you just stop because of shear frustration. If your interested in playing together sometime I play on USMidwest 2.

Oh, well then there's another tip. Your nexus key is E, but that should be for rotating right.  I personally have my Nexus key mapped to Z. So you do want to have camera rotation. It's much better to go to your options and turn off "Center on Player", then make sure you have camera rotation allowed. That way, you get to see further in front of you, a bit less from behind. Kinda weird at first, but you get used to it quick.

And yeah, dying time and time again really sucks. Just a while ago, I was trying to get my Assassin to level 20 (Levels got wiped a few weeks after Kabam! acquired RotMF), and I kept dying at like level 12-15 because I kept getting ahead of myself. That, and because I suck at playing dagger classes.

And yeah, it'd be cool to play with someone from here. I could switch servers for a while, but I'm pretty late to reply to this.

Oh, well then there's another tip. Your nexus key is E, but that should be for rotating right.  I personally have my Nexus key mapped to Z. So you do want to have camera rotation. It's much better to go to your options and turn off "Center on Player", then make sure you have camera rotation allowed. That way, you get to see further in front of you, a bit less from behind. Kinda weird at first, but you get used to it quick.

And yeah, dying time and time again really sucks. Just a while ago, I was trying to get my Assassin to level 20 (Levels got wiped a few weeks after Kabam! acquired RotMF), and I kept dying at like level 12-15 because I kept getting ahead of myself. That, and because I suck at playing dagger classes.

And yeah, it'd be cool to play with someone from here. I could switch servers for a while, but I'm pretty late to reply to this.

I just got done playing a session with these settings and it is defiantly a learning curve. With ability to control the camera lets you see around the battle field better along with the not center on player. With those two settings enabled you can see a lot more infront of you but not so much behind, but with a rotating camera that is hardly a problem. I'm going to start playing like this because it's defiantly more effective.