Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Invader Zim: enter the florpus Movie discussion/reveiw

TBD

1000?cb=20180720181427

Here's the trailer

Spoiler

I'm super excited for the return of this show "Invader Zim" and cannot  wait for the upcoming movie plus the possibility of more new episodes. I just hope Jhonen Vasquez doesn't to have change anything for this show in order to make it "kid-friendly", just because of the last incident. The reason why the show was cancelled because it wasn't suited for kids. Cartoons in the past and on nowadays already bypass that point. 

The new art doesn't seems appealing to me though...it's looks too childish/babyish and not dark as the old ones. So I hope the new look is just for the movie and not the show. 

Spoiler

Old:Invader_Zim_characters.png

New: dib-invader-zim-comparison-1124188.thumb.jpeg.9ba32ad27ec8e7162114781e1d0a620c.jpeg Gaz_front.thumb.jpg.39f21e9721dc04eacb62cfbc9314c4e9.jpg

DipXBRqVAAAj-iN.thumb.jpg.e6b72975ddf1341a954054551281cc5c.jpg

Well enough said, this thread is for those who wants to discussion about Invader zim the movie or the show itself.

Edited by TBD

I agree, the old style was something unique, the one used this time, closer to the comics... eh, isn't as satisfying.

But hey, he's fricking back, the failing invader. Also, the Armada looks it will go on full Michael Bay mode.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
3 hours ago, Krashface said:

I agree, the old style was something unique, the one used this time, closer to the comics... eh, isn't as satisfying.

But hey, he's fricking back, the failing invader. Also, the Armada looks it will go on full Michael Bay mode.

Yeh it's disappointing that they will go along with Aaron's design. His art design is too lighthearted, which kills the vibes for it.  I hope it only for the movie  and Jhonen will put the effort to go back and do the art for show.

Yes it finally came and I can't wait for it. But from reading the comic so far, Jhonen seems to deem it down on the inappropriateness violences that you would see on the show. Big mistakes. Fingers crossed that show comeback will just as good as the older shows, despite of being the same creator.  Although I think adult swim will be more suitable for this show like samurai jack. 

Edited by TBD

I'm very excited but as far as trailers go, that was garbage. A bunch of jumbled clips with no context, an instrumental song and a title. Even if this were meant solely for the original fans it kind of fails because it lacks substance. I expected some slight art style differences just because that does happen overtime, and I think they stuck closely enough that I can ignore the changes. Overall this had a very fan made feel to it, but I expected more. I'm certain the actual film will not disappoint.

The trailer is pretty bad. You can't hear anything that the characters are saying in the trailers at all. It is covered up by an instrumental piece, which sounds fantastic, but shouldn't cover up the freaking dialogue... Not to mention, it tells us nothing that we don't know really.

I also feel that the new art style is definitely a downgrade. It now looks sort of like flash animation and lost a lot of its charm.