Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I'm not looking forward to the next story of MLP

ManaMinori

16 hours ago, Tricky Berry said:

Depends. Are links/pics of the leaked content allowed here? I'm relatively new to this site.

Nope, no links to leaked content allowed here >_>

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:41 PM, Tricky Berry said:

This post is incorrect about a lot of things, let's start with the most important one: G5 is NOT centered around the Mane 6 from G4. In fact, that is emphasized quite a few times throughout the leaked documents, I'm not even sure why this misconception is so widespread. They straight-up say in several instances that G5 will feature an entirely new cast of main characters. The only reason the art of the Mane 6 from is present in the docs, if anyone bothered to even read attached notes, is because A. The main characters of G5 had not been created at the time, and B. to test out the new artstyles. The characters that we currently call the Mane 6 will just be random characters in G5. Some of them might be background characters like Lyra, or secondary characters who are prominent for only an episode or two, like Coco. So that's one worry taken off your list. Let's get to the other one.

No, it is most certainly NOT "too early". If anything, the content we saw in the leaks is pretty close to, if not THE, final drafts. How do we know this? Because, again, if anyone had bothered to read the rest of the documents, it is stated that G5 is starting with a feature-length CG film as its pilot, which will be airing in 2021. That means that everything has to be ready to begin production before they begin any work on the movie, since it's only 3 years from now, and CG movies take at LEAST that long to make. The only way the movie will be done by then is if they either began work soon after the leaks, or perhaps they had already begun work before the leaks happened. Bottom line is, it's actually too late for any major changes. If we had discovered these leaks 5 years ago or so, then yes, that would've been far too early for anything to be set in stone. But, with only 3 years to go, they've probably already been working on the movie for quite some time.

Evidently I am one of the few who actually bothered to pay attention to all the info instead of just gawking at a single piece of art and making wild assumptions.

Then why would they talk about changing Applejack's character and background?

6 hours ago, heavens-champion said:

They could have meant that which ever character could be Applejack will change such things, if they are using new characters. But yeah, I do remember that mail, and mentioned specifically Applejack  :huh:

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2018 at 5:04 AM, Steve Piranha said:

They could have meant that which ever character could be Applejack will change such things, if they are using new characters. But yeah, I do remember that mail, and mentioned specifically Applejack  :huh:

Change is good. 

• 2 months later...
On 8/30/2018 at 10:17 PM, heavens-champion said:

as far aw we know, as I said in the op, at this point in time, it's just talk. Doesn't mean that it's set in stone until we actually see hat those changes were made, once the new stuff is set to air. There's a lot that's going to be left on the cutting room floor in between when the leaks and concepts were spilled, until the actual air date

I am sure they will be different. Remember Twilight Twinkle? Similar name and appearance doesn't maker her the same character as Twilight Sparkle, and I do believe that as long as the brony fandom sets nostalgia aside, a seperation between characters will be easily recognized

In my opinion, change is bad. I will really miss G4. It is perfect in every way for me. That's why most bronies exist today. We don't even know what G5 might look like, or how different it will be. It might continue the story of G4, just like a Halo 3 - Halo 4 transition. 

• Brohoof 1

I swear it’s like some of you guys have never been through a reboot before. Hasbro reboots their franchises all the time, new stories and new takes on existing concepts and characters. They do it all the time with Transformers. They do it all the time with GI Joe. And they do it all the time with MLP. The only difference now is that this time they have a potentially new foundation going forward thanks to FiM’s success. Much like how Hasbro always keeps Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave and Shockwave as pivotal Transformers characters, the mane 6 will most likely be the MLP equivalent in the future 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...