Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming *****Official Mario Kart Thread*****

Goodra

Here you can challenge other bronies, show off your accomplishments, exchange friend codes (if you haven't already in the friend code thread) and just talk about Mario Kart. Eeyup, have fun everypony! :mellow:

Mario Kart, you say? That would be splendid, I haven't touched Mario Kart DS in ages.

Tank is OP. Stupid golding-tactic ruined that game's balance.

Big Mac, you should create a MLP Forums community for MK7 online play, seeing as how you're the go-to pony for this game's thread already.

Big Mac, you should create a MLP Forums community for MK7 online play, seeing as how you're the go-to pony for this game's thread already.

Hmmmm, how would I do that? The new rainbow dash er... I mean road is SO AWESOME BTW /)^3^(

Hmmmm, how would I do that? The new rainbow dash er... I mean road is SO AWESOME BTW /)^3^(

Well, I haven't gotten the game yet, so I don't know how to do it, but I know that you can make what's known as a 'Community' in Online Play for groups of players to join. The Communities allow for members to play together and also for 'custom matches' where you can customize the rule sets and such, so it would be great if we had our own MK7 Community.

Maybe Google can help you find out how to make one if you can't figure it out. I'm still trying to come up with a way to afford it myself... And playing Super Mario 3D Land isn't really helping me out. XD

Well, I haven't gotten the game yet, so I don't know how to do it, but I know that you can make what's known as a 'Community' in Online Play for groups of players to join. The Communities allow for members to play together and also for 'custom matches' where you can customize the rule sets and such, so it would be great if we had our own MK7 Community.

Maybe Google can help you find out how to make one if you can't figure it out. I'm still trying to come up with a way to afford it myself... And playing Super Mario 3D Land isn't really helping me out. XD

Oh ok, like an online host, basically?

Oh ok, like an online host, basically?

Well, it's more like a Clan, really, because it doesn't have to be actively hosted to work. Once you create the community, you can post the Community Code somewhere (similar to friend codes) and then players can enter that code in MK7 to join the community. It makes all members of the community able to race each other more easily and, as said before, you can customize rules for the races.

However, once you create it, you could never touch it again and it could still work for other players. If you do make one, then you could post up the Community Code on the OP.

Well, it's more like a Clan, really, because it doesn't have to be actively hosted to work. Once you create the community, you can post the Community Code somewhere (similar to friend codes) and then players can enter that code in MK7 to join the community. It makes all members of the community able to race each other more easily and, as said before, you can customize rules for the races.

However, once you create it, you could never touch it again and it could still work for other players. If you do make one, then you could post up the Community Code on the OP.

Ok, I'll make one after I beat 50CC :D

I don't think I'll be able to get it until Christmas.

I can not believe I chose Ocarina of Time 3D over this. I can't believe I chose Ocarina of Time 3D over anything, actually.

Oh, come on now, Ocarina of Time 3D was awesome.

No. I've played Ocarina of Time many, many, many times. I paid $40 for a remastered port of it, and I am not happy about that.

No. I've played Ocarina of Time many, many, many times. I paid $40 for a remastered port of it, and I am not happy about that.

Didn't you know it was just a re-mastered port of it? I mean, were you expecting something else...?

Also, if you beat the game you unlock Mirrored Master Quest, which, even if you've beaten the original Master Quest, offers a pretty tough play through.

• Brohoof 1

I just created the online community, it's called "Big Mac Attack" If you want to join, the code is 15-3158-5357-8910, Eeyup!

I joined the community hope to race you soon. ;)

If they changed it, everyone would've still complained (remember Super Mario 64 DS?) At least in OoT3D's case, the game got better graphics, a boss rush mode, and included the Master Quest (which is good for people like me who never played the Master Quest version before.) What else really needed to be changed about the game?

But this is getting a bit off-topic, so you might wanna post in the Zelda thread if you choose to reply.

Edited by Pinkamena Diane Pie

Didn't you know it was just a re-mastered port of it? I mean, were you expecting something else...?

I did not. It was never advertised like that. It was advertised and reviewed as a remake. So that's what I thought it was going to be.

I learned my lesson. I won't be buying anymore remakes on day one (only afterwards did people who actually spoke the truth about OOT3D came around) that aren't Pokemon mainline games. Because, you know, Gamefreak actually remakes their games.

Also, if you beat the game you unlock Mirrored Master Quest, which, even if you've beaten the original Master Quest, offers a pretty tough play through.

It's mirrored. Not a big deal to me. It's still the same thing.

If they changed it, everyone would've still complained (remember Super Mario 64 DS?)

People complained about Super Mario 64 DS?

The only problem I had with the game was the downgraded graphics, and the long amount of time in which it was the only game I cared about on the DS, which made it boring to death.

OOT3D bored me to death in a much shorter time, though.

Anyway, it's about the effort. It's a remake. The music should have been remixed. The environments should have been redone in entirety. There should have been some different gameplay. Some new areas (not necessarily dungeons, unless it was a bonus dungeon), etc.

I don't care about the people who would get mad. They can deal with it. Ocarina of Time original has been released so many times that they have absolutely no room to complain. When I spend $40 on a 'remake' of a 13 year old game, I want it to be worth it.

Anyway, this is off-topic. I'm just sad that I can't have Mario Kart 7 due to said stupid decision.

Fortunately the roster kind of killed my hype for the game. I know the game will be a load of fun, but the character roster just made me less hyped.

Edited by Envy

I did not. It was never advertised like that. It was advertised and reviewed as a remake. So that's what I thought it was going to be.

I learned my lesson. I won't be buying anymore remakes on day one (only afterwards did people who actually spoke the truth about OOT3D came around) that aren't Pokemon mainline games. Because, you know, Gamefreak actually remakes their games.

It's mirrored. Not a big deal to me. It's still the same thing.

Well, a game with the same name as its original but with too many variations would call on flak from its diehard fans, so Nintendo stuck with it. I do agree that more could have (and arguably SHOULD have) been changed, but I enjoyed it well enough to run through it one more time.

The mirrored version of Master Quest is surprisingly more difficult than you'd think, really, but if you don't like the package as a whole having to beat the normal quest to unlock it is already nuisance enough to make it unappealing.

Back on topic, I completely understand what you mean. I'd be a bit disappointed if my money that could have been used for MK7 went towards that, too. Sadly, though, I just can't afford the game and I haven't even bought anything else lately. :(

As for the roster, I've been trying not to spoil too many things about the game for myself, so I don't really know that much about it outside of the main characters who are unlocked at the start plus that silly bee and wiggler (who are both lame characters to throw into MK all of a sudden).

Edited by Fluttershy

As for the roster, I've been trying not to spoil too many things about the game for myself, so I don't really know that much about it outside of the main characters who are unlocked at the start plus that silly bee and wiggler (who are both lame characters to throw into MK all of a sudden).

So you're one of those who don't want any spoilers at all?

I could give it to you in a very simple what the final roster is. You will be underwhelmed when you find it out either way. I'll just say that.

So you're one of those who don't want any spoilers at all?

I could give it to you in a very simple what the final roster is. You will be underwhelmed when you find it out either way. I'll just say that.

Well, I suppose since it's just Mario Kart and I'll be buying it no matter what you can go ahead and tell me what the roster is. Heck, I've already had most of the tracks spoiled for me, too. I just wanna play it now. XD