Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do any of you identify more as a Pony than a Human?

BornAgainBrony

I've been wondering about this one for a while. I know this is a thing in the world of Furries. Some treat it as just an alternate lifestyle to their normal one, little different from Cosplay or logging into an MMO to be a different person. Others see their Fursonas (main O.C.) as being who they truly are on the inside, and I think, "Does this also apply to MLP fans?"

Is this concept a thing with any Bronies?

• Brohoof 1

I'm more into saying I want to be a pony; simply because of how much more cheerful it'd be than real life. Though I know I can't be.

Edited by Nye
Added last sentence
  • Brohoof 3

41 minutes ago, Califorum said:

Of course not, I am human and I see myself as such. I personally don't understand the whole 'more pony than human thing', you are what you are born to be.

It kind of runs in line with the recent backlash against gender identity, which is exactly that: feeling like what you were born as isn't really who you are.

4 minutes ago, bornAgainEquestrian said:

It kind of runs in line with the recent backlash against gender identity, which is exactly that: feeling like what you were born as isn't really who you are.

Fair enough, though at the point you are thinking you are a fictional character, or you are something that doesn't exist is where I draw the line.

What a bizarre topic. Of course I'm not delusional and identify as a pony. I am human and I accept that I am.

• Brohoof 2

I would identify myself as human, due to the fact that I've been one for my whole life. Saying otherwise will make the vast majority of things that I've endured in my life, a complete waste.

• Brohoof 1

On 8/17/2018 at 11:47 AM, bornAgainEquestrian said:

Gender makes sense, unless it’s about those imaginary non-binary genders :dry:. Identifying as an MLP pony doesn’t, as these animals don’t exist in real life however >_>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I don't think so... but at the same time I'm so ashamed of humanity and so disappointed, so out of their circle of understanding that I prefer to think i'm anything else than human despite knowing that i'm one of them just the same.

I would say I feel more identified with other things that share in some way a quality that I do know have, that are more humble in what they are not. I've been trying to define what is to be "human" (not biologically of course, we are talking about identity here, the concept) and is a lot more tricky than it appears, well.. maybe for some the answer is easy but I do find a lot of conflicting definitions and usually my own does not match the majority's opinion on it. And of course the fact that I'm more accepting on identifying as something else ties up with my "chronic loneliness" and depression. I don't know people (humans) as much as I should and i can't identify or connect with them because of the mentioned before (i have a theory that i might be neurodivergent in some way), so it's only understandable that I would seek that sense of belonging somewhere else.

• Brohoof 1

I don’t identify as a pony.   I do wish I were one though and sent to Equestria.  I’m tired of living here. 

I have no sense of meaning here and I think being a pony in Equestria would give me a sense of meaning.  

If only :dash:

• Brohoof 1

In 2012, I wanted to be more pony than human, because it was something they all wanted at the time.

Nowadays, I prefer human over pony, because of all the school of Friendship and pillars and whatnot. It doesn't feel like the Lauren Faust world that everypony was do immerged into